• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

But then there's no scope to say 'I told you so'

it works both ways though. Those that think its not normal at all to be playing these games this week, and i am one, will have to accept we were completely wrong if the team manages to escape any injuries and go on to perform well at the weekend, maybe pick up a point or more, and go on to win our next games too.

Can't we at least wait until we see how our pre-season approach seems to influence our first month of the season before complaining about the club getting it wrong?

is it so wrong to have an opinion about the pre season schedule? These are fans opinions on a forum, its not harming anybody, i dont see what the problem is.

Plus, the timing of this tournament is an issue because Poch has revealed that the club asked the PL if we could move the Utd game to Sunday but the PL of course flatly refused.

is it so wrong to have an opinion about the pre season schedule? These are fans opinions on a forum, its not harming anybody, i dont see what the problem is.

Plus, the timing of this tournament is an issue because Poch has revealed that the club asked the PL if we could move the Utd game to Sunday but the PL of course flatly refused.

An opinion? Sure...

Claims that the club has gotten it wrong? Not so sure.

The club is obviously doing something a bit different. Dropping a few of the higher profile friendlies often labelled as pointless and pedestrian by fans on here at least for some behind closed door games of unknown intensity. A solid benefit from this could be less traveling during the most physical period of the pre-season schedule with perhaps better training as a result. The results of those early games in terms of match fitness and sharpness I'm not sure, there might be a slight loss compared to the behind closed doors games.

Then towards the end we have some good tests against very good teams. MLS all star team in season that beat Bayern last year in a friendly, Real and Bayern. Can't get much tougher pre-season tests than those. A bit close to the season, but if you want to play good teams close to match fitness that's kind of when it has to happen.

An opinion that overall this strategy has more cons than pros I'm ok with (although I'm not convinced it's right at this point). If that was followed by some reasoning that would be even better. But it seems like some posters are just complaining and having a go because things are different and pretty much concluding at this point that the approach by the club was wrong based on... I have no idea what it's based on, seems to be just that we've done things differently.

An opinion? Sure...

Claims that the club has gotten it wrong? Not so sure.

The club is obviously doing something a bit different. Dropping a few of the higher profile friendlies often labelled as pointless and pedestrian by fans on here at least for some behind closed door games of unknown intensity. A solid benefit from this could be less traveling during the most physical period of the pre-season schedule with perhaps better training as a result. The results of those early games in terms of match fitness and sharpness I'm not sure, there might be a slight loss compared to the behind closed doors games.

Then towards the end we have some good tests against very good teams. MLS all star team in season that beat Bayern last year in a friendly, Real and Bayern. Can't get much tougher pre-season tests than those. A bit close to the season, but if you want to play good teams close to match fitness that's kind of when it has to happen.

An opinion that overall this strategy has more cons than pros I'm ok with (although I'm not convinced it's right at this point). If that was followed by some reasoning that would be even better. But it seems like some posters are just complaining and having a go because things are different and pretty much concluding at this point that the approach by the club was wrong based on... I have no idea what it's based on, seems to be just that we've done things differently.

The proof will be in the pudding and I thin its great for us to try something different whilst actually using the harder games as a way of increasing our profile

it must be better than playing a meaningless friendly competition in Timbuktu

The proof will be in the pudding and I thin its great for us to try something different whilst actually using the harder games as a way of increasing our profile

it must be better than playing a meaningless friendly competition in Timbuktu

its not the competition, its not the opposition, its the timing of the games thats being questioned/debated

If we come through unscathed and go on to win at old Trafford on Saturday afternoon then who knows more teams might play in the week before the season starts;)

Tottenham-formation-tactics.png

its not the competition, its not the opposition, its the timing of the games thats being questioned/debated

If we come through unscathed and go on to win at old Trafford on Saturday afternoon then who knows more teams might play in the week before the season starts;)
Well Chelsea did it last season and won the league. And they're doing it again this season.

Oddest preseason I can remember. I know we had the end of season games. But can't ignore the fact real/milan have 20 days till season kicks off and bayern 10 days, would they risk what we are?

Back