• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014/15 Lawro the Twunt says ...

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday 16:00)

I have a lot of sympathy with Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporters who are set to protest about the lack of ambition of their club.

The club's accounts show they have lots of money, seemingly without anyone wanting to do anything with it in terms of trying to win things.

Their fans want glory, or at least the chance of it, so I can understand why they want owner Mike Ashley out, and the stadium boycott planned for Sunday could show what they are prepared to do to achieve that aim.

If a large number of people with season tickets do not go in, that is a big statement to start with.

But Ashley already has the money from this season's tickets in the bank, so he might not be too bothered - to really hit home, the Magpies fans would have to not buy them for next season and hit him in the pocket.

If enough of them say "I am not going to renew, I am going to wait and see what Ashley does," then that could be a game-changer.

I think Ashley would take notice if he realised that 20,000 or so Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans were going to stop coming every other week but, if that doesn't happen, he might still be thinking 'so what?'.

In terms of the game, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in freefall and Tottenham also look like they cannot wait for the season to end.

It is too easy an excuse to say that Spurs must be tired. It's more accurate to say their defeat by Aston Villa was coming because Harry Kane cannot get them a result every week.

The more I see of them, the more I think they are a one-man team and, when Kane is not scoring, they are going to struggle.

Lawro's prediction: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2014-15 Premier League Predictions

If we hadn't thrown in the towel a month ago on the basis we've got nothing left to play for, we'd have something left to play for.

Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham had a good win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Sunday but the Magpies are everyone's favourite team to play at the moment so you cannot read too much into that.

Southampton lost to Stoke last time out and it seems chances and goals are still hard to come by for them.

But Mauricio Pochettino is back at St Mary's for the first time since leaving Saints for Spurs last summer.

His new team are a point and a place above his old one and I think the return of their former manager will get the crowd going.

There should be a great atmosphere, and I fancy a home win.

Lawro's prediction: Southampton 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Last edited:
Now, all of a sudden, he labels Saudi Sportswashing Machine "everyone's favourite team to play at the moment", and yet he still he predicted us to draw, and Swansea to draw this weekend. What a massive twunt!

Merson has us losing as well, might as well go bet on us winning, those two twunts would never be right on the same week-end ..

Spurs have won their last five Premier League games against Southampton and a win on Saturday would mean we've done the "Double" over them for three consecutive seasons.

Don't these "experts" ever take recent form into account when making their predictions?

Spurs have won their last five Premier League games against Southampton and a win on Saturday would mean we've done the "Double" over them for three consecutive seasons.

Don't these "experts" ever take recent form into account when making their predictions?
Coke head Merson only has 3 rules: Arsenal always win, never go against Stoke, Spurs to lose

Tottenham v Emirates Marketing Project (16:00 BST)

Tottenham have tailed off a bit and their only win in their last four gamescame against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who everyone beats at the moment.

Spurs' top-four hopes took a hit the same time as Liverpool and Southampton dipped too, probably much to the relief of Emirates Marketing Project because they were wobbling at the time.

City have not been too convincing either, although they have won their last two games to make sure of a top-four place. Their aim now must be to try to remain unbeaten until the end of the season.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Lawrotable.png

Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham's season seems to be petering out and I do not see that changing at the Britannia Stadium.

A Stoke win would see them reach 50 points in a Premier League season for the first time, and I think they will get it.

Lawro's prediction: Stoke City 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2014-15 Predictions

Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

Last weekend's defeat by Burnley was a body blow for Hull, and this game is massive for them now.

It won't be easy either. It's true that Tottenham have not been playing well recently but this is their last home game of the season and they might be in a different kind of mood for this one.

This game could turn into a scrap, which is something Hull are good at, but I am not sure the Tigers will get the win they desperately need.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Hull City

Merson thinks Hull 2-1 !

Perhaps next season's thread needs to treat these two imposters just the same.

Having said that - after last week who can predict our performance &/or score?

Merson thinks Hull 2-1 !

Perhaps next season's thread needs to treat these two imposters just the same.

Having said that - after last week who can predict our performance &/or score?

It will be an unconvincing and uninspired performance from us, and if Hull turns up, they will win. We've clearly been on holiday for weeks already.

Back