• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Worst pundit or commentator

Watching Dion Dublin talking about referees abiding 'to the law of the letter' twice today on Final Score, I was struck by his complete uselessness. It's a strong field, though, and Phil Thompson and Jamie Carragher are both incredibly biased, incapable of making a good point, or even being coherent.

Dean Sturridge. Has absolutely nothing to tell us, but keeps talking anyway.

Robbie Savage

Steve Claridge. Get the ball out wide, put some crosses in.

Thierry Henry. I do not understand a word he says, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing useful.

Dean Saunders. An even worse manager than Shearer and dumber than Redknapp jr.

Charlie 'bad at banter' Nicholas

Thierry Henry is another useless git who can barely string a coherent sentence together.

Owen
Savage
Tyler
Smith
Townsend

Thompson
Merson
Gullit
Carragher (for the accent alone, never mind anything else)
Kamara (just annoying)

That repetition of received wisdom is really damaging for football though.

Look at Timmeh for example. People like Shearer create a bubble in which other stupid people can find employment when they should be getting laughed out of the door.
Shearer can't say 30 words without mentioning himself.
Seriously, read his columns this season (if you can stomach it) - he just cannot stop himself shoe-horning in "it reminds me of when I...."
Strangely, he doesn't raise the same comparisons with his managerial "career" though.
Smug clam.

Have they changed the offside rule? Does the ball still have to be played forwards? Every one saying Watford goal is offside

Edit
Yep I was wrong you are offside even if the ball is passed backwards. Every day is a school day

Last edited:
Who needs pundits? Haven't listened to them in years. They're just filling air time while I do more important things, like taking a dump.

Runners and riders so far:

Shearer
McManaman
Hargreaves
Hoddle
Redknapp Jr
Pierce
Owen
Quinn
Tyler
Smith
Dublin
Savage
Sturridge
Claridge
Henry
Saunders
Nicholas
Green
Townsend
Thompson
Merson
Gullit
Carragher
Kamara

Have we missed anyone?

Shearer
McManaman
Hargreaves
Hoddle
Redknapp Jr
Pierce
Owen
Quinn
Tyler
Smith
Dublin
Savage
Sturridge
Claridge
Henry
Saunders
Nicholas
Green
Townsend
Thompson
Merson
Gullit
Carragher
Kamara

Have we missed anyone?
The strike rate of finding a decent one is unreal...........like trying to find life on Mars.

Shearer
McManaman
Hargreaves
Hoddle
Redknapp Jr
Pierce
Owen
Quinn
Tyler
Smith
Dublin
Savage
Sturridge
Claridge
Henry
Saunders
Nicholas
Green
Townsend
Thompson
Merson
Gullit
Carragher
Kamara

Have we missed anyone?
I can feel a knockout voting system in the air.

Anyone had the displeasure of listening to Phil Neville commentating? Think he may be on an Arab channel? Not only talks bland brick, but sounds like he's telling young kids a scary story.

Shearer
McManaman
Hargreaves
Hoddle
Redknapp Jr
Pierce
Owen
Quinn
Tyler
Smith
Dublin
Savage
Sturridge
Claridge
Henry
Saunders
Nicholas
Green
Townsend
Thompson
Merson
Gullit
Carragher
Kamara

Have we missed anyone?
Jon Champion ITV - the way he constantly rams so many negative stats down our throats all match, excruciating.

Back