• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Yeah I agree, but listen to the tone of Poch's words. He sounds irritated. Consider the language. 'It started out as not so much and then it became more." or words to that effect. Watch this space.

I tend to agree. The other thing to take away from the Poch interview was his irritation that it was Lamela who instigated the request to go to Roma for treatment and we had to dispatch a member of the medical team to go with him. Strange behaviour from Lamela I feel.

The whole team was suffering for form at the beginning of the season. Losing Dembele and Kane really hurt us.

And that was when Son played a lot of his games - in a severely depleted team! . Compare and contrast to when Lamela was playing well - we had a full strength, settled team playing at the height of their form. I think player for player, Son is better. However, I don't deny Lamela was an integral part of the team that played so well last season, and his particular attributes brought a good balance to the team as a whole.

I also agree that Son is more an Alli replacement and the physicality Sossoko brings may well have been Poch's thinking in buying him in order to cover Lamela's pressing abilities.

Not right away. He will come back in, but overtime I would think. However don't be too shocked if Lamela has already played his last game for Spurs. I think his main problem might be mental, rather than physical, by reading between the lines when Poch spoke about him earlier in the week. I think he might be a bit of a hypochondriac.

Wow!

That's quite a jump from 'what does he actually do' to ' 'might never play for us again'.

I just read that from Poch's comments. He wasn't very sympathetic to Lamela.

These?

“He has gone to Italy,” confirmed Pochettino. “They need to change the atmosphere a little bit and he has strong links in Rome. We believe it’s important to change his mindset a bit and he asked to finish his recovery there.

“The club and staff believe this was the right situation. We hope that after this period he will come back again and be available to start training with the team.

“It is always difficult for players who spend a lot of time out of the team. They see the energy of the team and sometimes he is frustrated he cannot be involved. Today he is the only one out of the group, and he has a special link with the physios and doctors at Roma.

“We thank Roma for opening the door to him and taking back the player. We hope that in a few weeks he will maybe be available again and be involved with the training sessions with the rest of the group.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ry-confirms-mauricio-pochettino-a3434411.html

These?

“He has gone to Italy,” confirmed Pochettino. “They need to change the atmosphere a little bit and he has strong links in Rome. We believe it’s important to change his mindset a bit and he asked to finish his recovery there.

“The club and staff believe this was the right situation. We hope that after this period he will come back again and be available to start training with the team.

“It is always difficult for players who spend a lot of time out of the team. They see the energy of the team and sometimes he is frustrated he cannot be involved. Today he is the only one out of the group, and he has a special link with the physios and doctors at Roma.

“We thank Roma for opening the door to him and taking back the player. We hope that in a few weeks he will maybe be available again and be involved with the training sessions with the rest of the group.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ry-confirms-mauricio-pochettino-a3434411.html

No, not these. The same interview I think, but missing the bit where Poch was implying that it wasn't really as bad an injury as Lamela was making it out to be. It was a case of hearing it and interpreting the tone. He did not sound happy about the whole situation.

No, not these. The same interview I think, but missing the bit where Poch was implying that it wasn't really as bad an injury as Lamela was making it out to be. It was a case of hearing it and interpreting the tone. He did not sound happy about the whole situation.

Any chance you can find them? I'd be interested in what he said.

Any chance you can find them? I'd be interested in what he said.

I used words to the same effect in an earlier post. it was the interview he gave at the start of the week. Because of Poch's broken English, you often do not get a comprehensive (or accurate) written version. But even in that snippet, Poch refers to the need for him to alter his mindset.

I heard today that the reason he has been out of the team is down to his brother being recently paralysed in an accident and Lamela not being able to deal with it mentally

why? Because many of these 'assists' that you rate so highly are just these sorts of things. He got many of them from taking corners that indirectly resulted in goals
When he took corners, he quite consistently put them on the head of Dier or Alderweireld , and they scored.

Compare Gorgeous George and Son to Lamela. The former pair are athletic, dynamic and direct. Lamela is un-athletic. A bit like Janssen. There's nothing wrong with my vision.

There's nothing unathletic about Lamela. He's not as quick or direct but his game isn't built on that.

Compare Gorgeous George and Son to Lamela. The former pair are athletic, dynamic and direct. Lamela is un-athletic. A bit like Janssen. There's nothing wrong with my vision.

I get a feeling that you, when you first say Lamela, got a vison about a player, not good enough for Tottenham. Since then you have tried to hold on to that vision, to any cost.

I heard today that the reason he has been out of the team is down to his brother being recently paralysed in an accident and Lamela not being able to deal with it mentally

As in the same brother that used to talk to loads of Spurs fans on Twitter (that was his brother wasn't it?). brick if true.

Back