• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace****

Positives: Alli, Lamela, a clean sheet and commanding performance from Lloris. Also the speed of our play - closing down and trying to move the ball quickly. At the end the way we closed the game out with more maturity was an improvement. But Son's goal and Eriksen back were the biggest positives for me.

A young team finding their feet. They will get better, and they will need to, as more accomplished opponents would have punished us.

Last edited:
I'll add to my positive spin in the last match. Unbeaten in 5 league games and if not mistaken, the best defensive record in the EPL?

Well done Lamela! One of the better performances ever for Spurs.

He was excellent. That's the player we bought. More please.

Good performance all round today. It appears we have cottoned on to the virtue of having an identity emerge organically rather than trying to impose one on ourselves. It's going to take a little patience, but I do hope we stick with this approach.

Good management from Poch today. The man knows how to rock a suit as well.

Liking the Eriksen-Lamela-Son combo, for the first time in a long while our attacking mids look threatening as a collective.

Alli looks very promising also.

Played very well today, good energy levels considered we are usually turgid after a EL game and Palace are no mugs. Team looks like it's shaping up nicely and we now have a few options beyond the first 11 with Dembele, Townsend, Eriksen, Njie, Caroll, Pritchard, Mason and Bentaleb all now even starting today. That's some decent options to have when all are fit.

Lamela played really well, hopefully he can kick on now. Son obviously and Lloris did great as well but really pleased with the defence, 3 clean sheets in a row in the league now. Been a long time since we had that.

Just a good solid hard fought 1-nil game. Nothing spectacular, but I'd rather have this than a brilliant performance and a draw or a loss. Son looks like the real thing. Not just the goal, but he just looks solid. Good pace, work ethic, nice touch and a good shot with both feet. He's the kind of player that will be consistently on a good level. Will play more good matches than bad. Very good buy.

Just a good solid hard fought 1-nil game. Nothing spectacular, but I'd rather have this than a brilliant performance and a draw or a loss. Son looks like the real thing. Not just the goal, but he just looks solid. Good pace, work ethic, nice touch and a good shot with both feet. He's the kind of player that will be consistently on a good level. Will play more good matches than bad. Very good buy.

Our South Korean posters have said not and that he has been in pretty bad form for most of this year.

Dier and Alli bossed it today. Key to the match.

We fully deserved the win. All of Palace's chances were from ricochets that ended up to one of their players and it would have been unfair for them to get a goal given their performance.

Son fully justified his £22m price tag. Nice to see an expensive signing coming good right off the bat. Sorely needed. And as someone else said, his personality will definitely be another positive in the intangible category that may be equally as important as his performances on the pitch. He's the kind of player that makes the game fun, which is so important for good team chemistry.

My one worry is Kane. That free header in the 4th minute that he skied was concerning. And he's trying so hard to get a goal that he didn't square it for a wide open Lamela after Alli's shot was saved, but tried to score from an impossible angle instead.

Overall, however, I'm really enjoying this Spurs team!

COYS!

I felt confident we were going to win that from the start. And remember this please, Palace are not a brick side. They are very good. We beat them. Coys.

We were the better side in all departments and deserved the win, definitely, which was a pleasant surprise. Alli, Son and Dier the pick, with special mention for Llloris for a worldie of a save from Sako. Kane still looks greatly out of sorts, though. Looks desperate for a goal, snatching at everything.

Dier and Alli bossed it today. Key to the match.

We fully deserved the win. All of Palace's chances were from ricochets that ended up to one of their players and it would have been unfair for them to get a goal given their performance.

Son fully justified his £22m price tag. Nice to see an expensive signing coming good right off the bat. Sorely needed. And as someone else said, his personality will definitely be another positive in the intangible category that may be equally as important as his performances on the pitch. He's the kind of player that makes the game fun, which is so important for good team chemistry.

My one worry is Kane. That free header in the 4th minute that he skied was concerning. And he's trying so hard to get a goal that he didn't square it for a wide open Lamela after Alli's shot was saved, but tried to score from an impossible angle instead.

Overall, however, I'm really enjoying this Spurs team!

COYS!

It wasn't the easiest of headers.

If Son and Lamela can play like today more often, he will start getting a little more space

Back