• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

what about that sublime pass from Kane in the second half in behind the defence for Walker to run on to, and Eriksen ended up having his shot scrambled off the line by Austin of all people

seriously, what a player

This guy is just unstoppable. Works hard, finishes, finds space, passes ....what a player we have on our hands. Each week he just brings it,time after time he finds a goal that changes the match. Harry is a Spurs Boy through and through

Yes that's it, he can't play in goal lol

I remember very well saying last summer that I wouldn't be surprised if what we were looking for in any position that needed fixing was lurking unnoticed in the academy, what I would never have thought though is that so many problems would be fixed by academy players and that Harry Kane would become a World Class striker.

Incredible.

Kane remains well on course to join Bale, Klinsmann, Sheringham and Lineker as the only Spurs players in the past quarter century to score 20+ league goals in a season.

If he can maintain his scoring rate, Kane should comfortably surpass Bale' tally of 21 league goals.

13ynket.jpg

I think Chelsea under estimated Kane's clinical finishes in that match. But from now on, he will be a marked player. Other teams are going to mark him closely.

Instead of setting a very high target, Kane should set a target goal by goal. With his 2 goals against WBA, he has overcome Crooks(1982) and Adebayor(2012)'s goals of 18 goals. Kane's next targets should be :

Hoddle(1980), Defoe(2004) = 22 goals
Berbatov(2007 and 2008), Keane(2008) = 23 goals
Sheringham(1996), Defoe(2010) = 24 goals
Archibald(1981), Falco(1986) = 25 goals
Lineker(1990), Bale(2013) = 26 goals
Archibald(1984), Sheringham(1993) = 28 goals
Falco(1985), Klinsmann(1995) = 29 goals
Lineker(1992) = 35 goals
Allen(1987) = 49 goals

These are the Spurs players who have scored more than 20 goals since 1980. I think it will be almost impossible for any Spurs players to ever reach Lineker's 35 goals in 1992 or Allen's 49 goals in 1987. I think Kane can be very proud if he can reach or overcome 26 goals scored by Lineker(1990) and Bale(2013).

So, Kane has now equalled Lineker(1990) and Bale(2013)'s 26 goals. His next target should be the 28 goals scored by Archibald(1984) and Sheringham(1993). It doesn't look impossible now.

Back