• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

That wasn't a sitter imo.

Soldado has missed gilt edged chances galore...this is a fact. The only goals he seems to score are instinctive goals but put him in a good goalscoring position and he'll more than likely miss (as evidenced by his spurs career). I gave him the benefit of the doubt when AVB was in charge because AVB played a brand of football that was not suited to Soldado (or anyone tbh) but after that? Soldado was turd water.

You're being very generous/biased towards Ade with that first comment. Not a sitter? He was 6 yards out, a pin point cross found him and he MISSED THE BALL!

Last edited:
I don't care what every supporter of his PREVIOUS club feel tbh. Can he be lazy? yes. Was he lazy on the whole yesterday? absolutely not. He was good first half and not good second imo.

I would give Ade a few more games (maybe 2) and if he's still not scoring i'd try Kane.

Why don't you care? It's been the way he operates his entire career. If he was just lazy at Spurs I might actually forgive it as funny as that sounds as it might just be an aberration, but it's because he has played that way forever that makes me think he won't change.

There's to much comparing with Soldado. If the posters defending him would say yes he has been poor and needs to up his game instead of saying he better than Soldado they would have a better argument.

None if our strikers a&e firing at the moment and I see no clear case for any of them.
I think Ade is more an individual player and Soldado and Kane are more team players. It the system that they play in that will make the difference

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

thought ade should have got to this too:

20140928_192424.mp4

Last edited:
ADE for me is just not fit enough to play Pochs style. Yesterday was bad because he was also very isolated up front as the midfield and wide men stood off le'**** and let them come out.

If we are going to persist with one up top and high pressing we needed to sign someone like wellbeck, young athletic, runs around all day long if you ask him, pace to burn.

Worst of all as the game went on he struggled to keep the ball rom coming right back at us. At least Kane would have run around a bit and as a local lad would've been up for this game.

That said had mason found him with that cross ades rest of the game might well have been very different - he would've been very pumped after that.

He doesn't even need to be all that fit. If he could win the ball in the air against (much) shorter players and hold the ball against (much) lighter players his game would improve tenfold.

He'd get a similar increase in quality if he directed shots towards the opposition goal and passes towards our players, but that's clearly asking far too much.

This must be a joke? the cross was garbage and went straight to the goalkeeper. You're actually blaming Ade for not getting on the end of that cross:ross:

Pretty much every successful striker in the history of football will tell you that you should attack the near post and get in front of the defender at crosses.

Hanging at the back means you'll only score if the keeper and all the defenders make mistakes.

Still, it does allow one to hide behind defenders and blame the crosser so I guess it has its advantages as a tactic.

I've watched the first half twice (yes i'm sad) in it's entirety. I paid particular attention to Ade and Mason when watching and i can tell you that some of the comments about ade's first half performance on here is both comical and totally wrong.

Ha, ha, you needed to watch the second half then, because it was like playing with ten men. Yes, he was okay in the first, I'd give him a 6, because he didn't get much service, In the second half it was hard to give him any sort of score he was anonymous...oh no, he did nearly score.... into his own net and only a great save from Hugo preventing it. I re-watched the whole game.

Pretty much every successful striker in the history of football will tell you that you should attack the near post and get in front of the defender at crosses.

Hanging at the back means you'll only score if the keeper and all the defenders make mistakes.

Still, it does allow one to hide behind defenders and blame the crosser so I guess it has its advantages as a tactic.

wow this is unreal (but i like it because it shows how biased you are).

Can someone get a gif of that moment please...

Ha, ha, you needed to watch the second half then, because it was like playing with ten men. Yes, he was okay in the first, I'd give him a 6, because he didn't get much service, In the second half it was hard to give him any sort of score he was anonymous...oh no, he did nearly score.... into his own net and only a great save from Hugo preventing it. I re-watched the whole game.

What are you laughing about? i already said he was bad second half.

Ade is not close to good enough, he's never a presence, his strike rate is appalling... I say give Soldado the run of games he hasn't had under Poch and see what happens, can't do any worse!

wow this is unreal (but i like it because it shows how biased you are).

Can someone get a gif of that moment please...

It's not just that moment - when have you ever seen Ade attack a cross like he actually wants the ball?

He is always, and I'm not exagerrating, I mean ALWAYS hiding behind defenders.

I don't care what every supporter of his PREVIOUS club feel tbh. Can he be lazy? yes. Was he lazy on the whole yesterday? absolutely not. He was good first half and not good second imo.

I would give Ade a few more games (maybe 2) and if he's still not scoring i'd try Kane.

Would you advocate giving Soldado a run of 8 whole matches without being subbed or scoring?

It's not just that moment - when have you ever seen Ade attack a cross like he actually wants the ball?

He is always, and I'm not exagerrating, I mean ALWAYS hiding behind defenders.

He never attacks headers. Look at the ***** effort in the first half. looks like he is scared the ball might mess up his hair.

Ade is not close to good enough, he's never a presence, his strike rate is appalling... I say give Soldado the run of games he hasn't had under Poch and see what happens, can't do any worse!

His strike rate's actually decent. As opposed to two goals from open play soldado.

His strike rate's actually decent. As opposed to two goals from open play soldado.

You mean "same number of goals as Ade in a third of the playing time" Soldado?

Or do you mean "just as (in)effective as Ade for half the wages" Soldado?

Or maybe you mean "just as (in)effective without the poisonous disrespect of managers" Soldado?

I don't think that anyone has claimed that any of our strikers are good enough for the level to which we aspire, just that Ade is by far the worst choice of them.

You're basing this on one season of play in a new league. Adebayor managed 8 league goals during his first full season at Arsenal, that's only two more than Soldado last season. And Adebayor was playing for a far, far more creative side.

Back