• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Netflix vs Love film

Just different licenses I'd guess.

They have different content agreements with content owners depending on which territory their service is accessed. You can take your laptop or ps3 to Brazil, log in with the same details, and see different content to what you would in the uk. The Dns thingumy just removes the need for the plane.

It's not illegal. Probably does breach their EULA but they don't give a monkeys as you could plausibly be in Brazil and they've done their bit by ring fencing each territory so are not in breach with the content provider. Regional licensing seems a bit silly and archaic anyway tbh but I'm sure content providers will catch up.

If it wasn't for football Sky couldn't hold a candle to netflix (plus unblock us - which can also be used to access us iTunes etc...)

If you want to just stream, lovefilm is awful, netflix is better but not great.

If you want a postal service, Lovefilm is the only option.

If you're not bothered either way, Lovefilm is the best option. They are quick, reliable and have a very good range.

I'm not looking to hijack the thread but I do find this mentality a really interesting one. Do you rob stuff from shops as well then?

The industry itself has only itself to blame. IF i could access reasonably priced versions of new releases when I wanted them I would be more than happy to do it. THe fact is the industry has not modernised and is trying to shoe horn people into watching media the way it makes the media companies the most money. The whole Cinema > DVD path of films is not how most people want to access their entertainment these days, especially when a cinema ticket costs about £15 and the DVD similar.

Have both.

LoveFilm is better for the postal service and its sheer range of films, tv shows and games. I prefer having the blu ray disc and I love being able to have a 360 game for as long as I want without having to buy it.

Netflix is great for tv shows, both UK and US and the streaming is better although I don't think it has a great film library

The industry itself has only itself to blame. IF i could access reasonably priced versions of new releases when I wanted them I would be more than happy to do it. THe fact is the industry has not modernised and is trying to shoe horn people into watching media the way it makes the media companies the most money. The whole Cinema > DVD path of films is not how most people want to access their entertainment these days, especially when a cinema ticket costs about £15 and the DVD similar.

Agree with the first bit, disagree with the second. I like Cinema. It's a heck of a lot more fun then sitting around watching it at home.

The DVD bit needs sorting, but i'd leave Cinema the way it is.

Agree with the first bit, disagree with the second. I like Cinema. It's a heck of a lot more fun then sitting around watching it at home.

The DVD bit needs sorting, but i'd leave Cinema the way it is.

Took my dad to the 10.30am showing of argo at the brighton odeon last thursday and it was just £3 each and you got a cup of tea and a biscuit.

I also prefer go to the cinema as there's no substitute for watching a movie on the big screen, especially at a good indie cinema where the audience are proper movie fans.

I usually just go on Wednesdays and use the Orange BOGOF code so seats only cost £4.75 per person. If there was a Cineworld in my town then I'd get one of those Unlimited cards for £16 a month and get my money's worth by going more often. Even in central London there's no reason to pay £15 a ticket unless you insist on watching a movie on its opening weekend in the West End.

www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-cinema-tickets

Back