• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. READING - OMT***

There is no way Sig should start I dont care if he is ex Reading etc.

I would be intrigued by playing Dempsey just behind Ade and having both Lennon and Bale on either flank. If youre gonna play Dempsey and Ade you really need a couple of wingers to cross the ball as Dempsey in particular attacks crosses and is good in the air.

Dembele and Sandra in the middle although I would like to see Dembele push on forward where damage could be done.

--------------Friedel--------------

Walker----Vert----Daws----BAE

-------Dembele----Sandro------

Lennon-------Demps------Bale

-----------------Ade--------------

Must be like this, Sigurdsson hasn't done enough IMO to play a fourth game in a row, Defoe cannot start upfront on his own, Gallas has to be on the bench as well.

Cannot disagree with that selection. Would be happy with that as our starting X1

Must be like this, Sigurdsson hasn't done enough IMO to play a fourth game in a row, Defoe cannot start upfront on his own, Gallas has to be on the bench as well.

Totally agree with this bit. I dont think he did anything before to warrant an 8m fee in the first place (if to be believed). I think we will win today 4-1. I think things may click a bit today

That's what I'd like to see, but with Lloris in goal. I love Brad and thank him for everything he's done, but at the end of the day there is no room for sentiment and you should pick your best goalkeeper when he's available and I think that that is now Lloris.

However, I believe that the team we will ACTUALLY see will be:

-------------------------------Friedel-------------------------
Walker------Vertonghen---------------Gallas---------BAE
---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Sandro---------Livermore-------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------Dembele------------------------
-------Lennon------------------------------------Bale-----
----------------------------Adebayor-----------------------

With Dempsey, Defoe and Sigurdsson coming off the bench.

After the way we have struggled so far, the pressure is really on the team and AVB to get that first win. But it is really difficult to feel confident for this match. We have lacked that cutting edge to win matches so far. We really need someone to step up and win us this match.

I am convinced we need to score atleast 2 goals to win this match. Can definately see us concede as our defence have been poor so far. With Adebayor and Defoe clumsy in front of goal, we need to look elsewhere for the goals. After the way he scored against Norwich, I think we have to rely on Dembele to score the goals. Maybe Dempsey can come and score a goal or two as well. We really need an inspiration from somewhere to lift us. Maybe Dembele can provide that.

We really need that all-important first win to get us back into winning feeling. More importantly, we need to get back in track for this season. And we also need that win to go into the Lazio match in EL next week in good mood.

We need a big game from Bale. He hasnt scored in the league since Wigan in January last season, just the time our form went down. He is the one that makes the team and the crowd wake up with his shops and runs.

Bale and Ade to combine and a 2-0 win for us today.

Totally agree with this bit. I dont think he did anything before to warrant an 8m fee in the first place (if to be believed). I think we will win today 4-1. I think things may click a bit today

We heard you the first time. Singling out Sigurdsson when they've all been below par except for probably Friedel is a tad silly, we get, it you weren't in favour of his signing at the time, you don't need to tell us at every opportunity. Perhaps give the young lad some time before writing him off?

Annoyed that I'll miss this game and will even struggle to get in game updates as I start work at 4pm and internet signal is absolutely toilet in our controllers office... Not to mention the internet on the wprks computers is restricted so you cant stream either. The connection may just be good enough for Sky updates if Im lucky but not holdimg mu breath

Everybody dance now!

Feeling nervous already. Wish we had bought a reliable striker who can score us the goals consistently. Hope Dembele can lift us and score a goal or two. Anything other than a win will be a huge setback.

Everybody dance now!

Feeling nervous already. Wish we had bought a reliable striker who can score us the goals consistently. Hope Dembele can lift us and score a goal or two. Anything other than a win will be a huge setback.

You mean apart from 20 goal apiece Dempsey and Ade?

It seems like I say this in every match thread but team news comes out 50-60 minutes before kick off, not three and a half hours.

For me:

------------Friedel--------
Walker-Gallas-Verts-Ekotto
-----Dembele--Sandro-----
Lennon-----Sig-------Bale
----------Ade------------

AVB has made it clear that Friedel is starting, back 4 picks itself in my opinion as I think we need the experience and leadership qualities Gallas brings to the team. Not the time to start mixing it up and let Vertonghen play alongside another centre back.

Dembele to bring creativity in the centre, Sandro is the obvious choice next to him at the moment.

Lennon, Bale and Ade pick themselves, I would start with Sig over Dempsey. AVB has talked both about players returning from long trips and about players starting on the bench in the first game after being signed, Dempsey checks both those boxes and he's had a pretty poor pre-season and realistically won't be near match fitness I would think.

Sandro won't play I don't think. AVB's already said he's been tired playing all summer and suffered jetlag, so it makes sense to rest him. Although I'm not a huge livermore fan, I'm fine with that. My main problem with Livermore is playing him anywhere other than DM, he IS NOT a creative midfielder and most definitely not an attacking midfielder however much he would enjoy that. Breaking up play, and moving the ball on very simply is the best things he does. He's okay there.

Also think Dempsey must be benched, barely had a preseason and again jet lagged. Sigg is more than fine to keep finding his feet (how people slag him already is pretty disappointing). The mains are Dembele and Adebayor. I think this will be and probably should be the team

---------------Freidel
Walker--Gallas--Verthongen--Ekotto
--------Livermore--Dembele
Lennon-----Siggurdsson------Bale
--------------Adebayor

Bench: Lloris, Caulker, Naughton, Sandro, Townsend, Dempsey, Defoe

I disagree that Livermore is best as a DM, he's a box to box midfielder. He doesn't have the position sense or read the game well enough to play DM well at this stage in his career.

We heard you the first time. Singling out Sigurdsson when they've all been below par except for probably Friedel is a tad silly, we get, it you weren't in favour of his signing at the time, you don't need to tell us at every opportunity. Perhaps give the young lad some time before writing him off?

I am not making a point about Sig. I am agreeing with another poster who made a point. Simple. I would rather have Dempsey in behind. in actual fact id rather have Dembele behind Ade but we then would have to have Livermore in the middle and as much as I like Livermore I would rather go positive today.

In no way have I written him off. Reread it again.

Back