• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

So what are we getting with him? Will he play mainly LCB and be an upgrade on Davies? If so what is he better at? Because Davies is pretty much a solid 7/10 in all areas. Is Lenglet better in the air, or better going forward maybe?

What are we getting? Passing ability. Another left footer.

He may not have hit the heights at Barca but he was highly sought after prior to his (disappointing) spell with Barca. Deja vu? Where have I seen something similar before with an Italian club instead…?

What this guy promises is Toby-like passes. Probably not quite as good as alderweireld who was underrated, but those long search balls connecting with runners is maybe the attraction to para-Conte.

Also great to have Hugo at his back - metaphorically and literally. Should really help him settle.

Last edited:
Don’t know much about the fella but it’s great to see business being done this early. Well done Paratici. We’re really reshaping the team and not breaking the bank to do it. It’s getting exciting. Hopefully not another “super 7” false dawn. Doubt it with the quality we’ve signed though.

Don’t know much about the fella but it’s great to see business being done this early. Well done Paratici. We’re really reshaping the team and not breaking the bank to do it. It’s getting exciting. Hopefully not another “super 7” false dawn. Doubt it with the quality we’ve signed though.

I've only seen him a couple of times, but I liked him then. In Conte I trust. Get in, Clement, welcome!

The same thought crossed my mind as well.

I feel that because people do not have high hopes for him and that because its low risk people are quietly confident that he may surprise them and be good but will rip him apart if he is not good as they actually had high hopes for him subconsciously because they were quietly confident that if they rated him poorly that he could only be better than what they were expecting.

You put the punk into punctuation ;)

Maybe Lenglet will force a move if he succeeds here. High chance he does if the team were set up right... i.e. Someone initiating the run into the channels / behind the defence. We've seen it before with Dele and Toby during the Poch days.

Imo if you play three CBs, you'd want all of them to be able to start an attack and anticipate another CB of the same mould incoming.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Honestly I rate Lenglet quite highly. I watched a bit of him at Sevilla but quite a lot in his first two seasons at Barca and I genuinely thought they had found their new CB. He was commanding a d do nice on the ball. But of course he's been pretty gash the last couple of years so who knows which is the real Lenglet, the Sevilla/early Barca version or later Barcelona player? I guess we will see but I have a sly feeling we are going to be quietly happy with him. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Honestly I rate Lenglet quite highly. I watched a bit of him at Sevilla but quite a lot in his first two seasons at Barca and I genuinely thought they had found their new CB. He was commanding a d do nice on the ball. But of course he's been pretty gash the last couple of years so who knows which is the real Lenglet, the Sevilla/early Barca version or later Barcelona player? I guess we will see but I have a sly feeling we are going to be quietly happy with him. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I’d say the real player is the former one
Any player can struggle in a team or system that doesn’t work for them

Back