• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

Antonio Conte
I dont know what ro make of Conte's interview.
It still comes out that we are in a pickle! we have to keep trying hard in training and have to except the reality. Reality? we are not good enough is the reality we are in! I would like to know exactly what
he is getting at here?
From my perspective ATMo this Jan window appears to be a disaster so far.We off loaded 3 midfield players who granted wern't performing and replaced them with 2 that also so far do not look the complete ticket allthough its early days..your views please.

It's a problem that some of those that need to be the first ones out the door happen to have a good attitude and work rate in training. Every new manager coming in keeps giving them more and more chances before realising they're mediocre footballers, but by then it's too late and they're able to hang around long enough for us to move on to the next manager.
Maybe
I’d really like a coach though to take some responsibility too
I mean Lage said after the game that he knew how we were gonna play… and that’s an issue we’re not playing 100%

It still comes out that we are in a pickle! we have to keep trying hard in training and have to except the reality. Reality? we are not good enough is the reality we are in! I would like to know exactly what
he is getting at here?
From my perspective ATMo this Jan window appears to be a disaster so far.We off loaded 3 midfield players who granted wern't performing and replaced them with 2 that also so far do not look the complete ticket allthough its early days..your views please.
Your Over reaction on the new signings is being shared by the anti levy phalanx in teletext (today was all on him apparently)
Both will Be fine for us given time and games
The ones we binned off are now somehow playing well … (well maybe not dele)

he is getting at here?

Seems clear enough to me.

1. yes we are in a pickle
2. we can improve in the medium term through hard work, this is is what I (Conte) spend my days doing
3. yes we probably have to strengthen the squad when the window and opportunity arises
4. the booing doesnt help speed up points 2 and 3 above.

Your Over reaction on the new signings is being shared by the anti levy phalanx in teletext (today was all on him apparently)

I must admit that I did like Lo Celso and thought he would be at least a good squad player or more. Did we make a mistake here, perhaps not. Anyway as for Levy I can't see criticism subsiding the way we are playing now this season and when the fans turn against him it will not look too good. Ofcourse Levy has tried his upmost I believe but there has been some bad mis calculations in the transfer market from the spurs think tank whoever they are and that may include other Directors? and how were running this club!

I think the window was decent. Those 3 outgoings all needed to go, and the two that have come in look half decent, and more importantly, are presumably players which Conte wants. I'm sure we'll have a far busier summer window too, with 5-6 out and the same in

From The Grauniad match report:

As it was, Rúben Neves was given time to measure a shot – that’s Rúben Neves who has scored 14 times from outside the box in his four and half years at Wolves; why would you bother closing him down?

Exchange Neves for Ward-Prowse from Wednesday. Either they haven't been told to close these players down, or they have been told and haven't don't it. Either way, it's so damn shoddy.
Said during the game, its like the areas around the 18 yard lines are no go zones.
We don't defend ours and we don't have anyone attacking theirs at set peices. There is literally no spurs player within five yards of the 18 yard lines

When Mourinho did it plenty said it was the wrong approach.

I can imagine the meltdown on here if he’d taken Sess off before half an hour had been played.

The biggest difference (seeing as it has come up - I did not raise the subject :D) is that he lied to the chairman and said he could do better with what we had as the squad was really good. Conte has been honest from the get-go.

The biggest difference (seeing as it has come up - I did not raise the subject :D) is that he lied to the chairman and said he could do better with what we had as the squad was really good. Conte has been honest from the get-go.

I suppose Conte had the benefit of watching them all eventually underperform under Mourinho.

I think the window was decent. Those 3 outgoings all needed to go, and the two that have come in look half decent, and more importantly, are presumably players which Conte wants. I'm sure we'll have a far busier summer window too, with 5-6 out and the same in

Three needed to go, not convinced it was those three.
We keep saying players need to leave, they leave and nothing changes, in fact we've got worse.

did he lie, or just make a mistake, there were plenty on here who thought the squad was better than the results

even when Jose was near the the end, some were saying he was holding the squad back, yet two managers later its the same brick

Three needed to go, not convinced it was those three.
We keep saying players need to leave, they leave and nothing changes, in fact we've got worse.

I'm sure we were open to various others leaving. We have a lot of players who are way below the standard required. Need plenty of time to make the changes, however painful that will be

did he lie, or just make a mistake, there were plenty on here who thought the squad was better than the results

even when Jose was near the the end, some were saying he was holding the squad back, yet two managers later its the same brick

It is a very very fair question in all honesty.

We need one of Skipp or PEH in this 11.
We need Dier (3 of the last 4 goals don't get conceded with him).
We need Romero on the right of that three.
We needed Diaz (but here we are, we don't have him).
We have needed 3-5-2 for some time with Lucas off the bench as an impact player.
Agree

we have quite a few players who are ‘new’ or not settled yet. Obviously Bentancur and Kulu have been in the country a fortnight. Romero is a few games back. Doherty hadn’t played 3 games in a row for a year. Royal is in his first season in the English football.

I really think we’d progress if Conte plays Kulu at right wing back and Sessengon on the left. Both need to play and not be too pressured. Playing wingback for a couple of years would take the pressure off. Royal is a good player and could be awesome in a 3. A step up from Davies.

Back