• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The New Next New Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few days ago things just looked so insanely stale. Now we're on the verge of an absolute explosion of a coach, cash to burn on players and something new entirely. Can't bloody wait. Just announce him already.
Yup, getting no work done until it's announced so get on with it...

Is that a cut and paste from Nov 20th 2019?

;)

I wasn't this excited about Mourinho! I didn't want him. Conte, although I don't think he's a long term thing (who is in this day and age anyway?), I think is exactly what the doctor ordered for us. He'll bring new faces in, he'll work hard with the guys we've got, and he's definitely got a system he'll drill our players in. We might crash and burn two years from now and not see a trophy in that time, but I don't think we could've hoped for anyone better at this point. After Conte is gone, we could go looking for another Poch-type manager again.

How can a club be moulded in the vision of someone who has flounced rapidly out of every job he has held after picking fights with even the most placatory of chairmen?

I actually think Conte is the cheap option, here's my thinking..

Problem Statement: We have a group of players that have not performed for the last 2 / 3 managers (end of the Poch era), two of those manager are (or used to be) world class.

Solution 1: Bring in Conte as the last chance to get them playing to their potential. He will demand millions in transfer deals to bring in a few players to refresh and bolster what we have, but basically he will be working with what he has as a core and he is not looking to build a long term project but to deliver results within 18 months.

Solution 2: Bring in a "Project" manager, a Ten Hag or whoever, appointing one of these style of managers means we would be looking at a full squad rebuild over 2 to 5 years with only marginal improvements in league finish during that time.

So although the Conte headline is "spend big in the short term" this, with the increase in revenue from possible CL games and improved PL prise money, will ultimately be more cost effective than making wholesale changes to the squad under a "Project" manager over a longer period of time.

Discuss...or not

How can a club be moulded in the vision of someone who has flounced rapidly out of every job he has held after picking fights with even the most placatory of chairmen?

We're Tottenham, we don't think long term. Live for the moment, eh? Who cares. We'll get some new players in in the process. The next guy can work with them and have Levy strangle the purse again. :p

You keep the chairman and him apart. Have a head of football that acts as a buffer. One that is good friends with conte.

I actually think Conte is the cheap option, here's my thinking..

Problem Statement: We have a group of players that have not performed for the last 2 / 3 managers (end of the Poch era), two of those manager are (or used to be) world class.

Solution 1: Bring in Conte as the last chance to get them playing to their potential. He will demand millions in transfer deals to bring in a few players to refresh and bolster what we have, but basically he will be working with what he has as a core and he is not looking to build a long term project but to deliver results within 18 months.

Solution 2: Bring in a "Project" manager, a Ten Hag or whoever, appointing one of these style of managers means we would be looking at a full squad rebuild over 2 to 5 years with only marginal improvements in league finish during that time.

So although the Conte headline is "spend big in the short term" this, with the increase in revenue from possible CL games and improved PL prise money, will ultimately be more cost effective than making wholesale changes to the squad under a "Project" manager over a longer period of time.

Discuss...or not

Yes, kind of agree. We'll get a boost in quality of the squad, the profile of the club will be raised again so that when Conte goes in summer 2023/2024, we can hire a longer-term manager

I do think Levy will insist on incomgin players being young enough to be part of that next phase though. So yes, we will blow big bucks in Jan, but it'll be on players 24 and under

Yes, kind of agree. We'll get a boost in quality of the squad, the profile of the club will be raised again so that when Conte goes in summer 2023/2024, we can hire a longer-term manager

I do think Levy will insist on incomgin players being young enough to be part of that next phase though. So yes, we will blow big bucks in Jan, but it'll be on players 24 and under

I think the opposite. There are a few serie a players out of contract next summer. I think we'll bring a couple of those in on the cheap.

Brozovic being likely.

We now have a manager and a DOF who are pulling in the same direction

I imagine the shopping list they have will be much the same and will agree on the ones they want out.

this is a positive move if Levy buys in fully

He simply needs to - it's not like he's going to get sacked by ENIC, but his standing among fans would be bottom of the barrel if he goes against them as well.

We're Tottenham, we don't think long term. Live for the moment, eh? Who cares. We'll get some new players in in the process. The next guy can work with them and have Levy strangle the purse again. :p

The future never exists we will only ever be in the now. May as well live it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back