• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I don’t find it that odd personally.

He’s taken a bit of time out to see what’s out there, there was no rush to get straight back into management. He could well be feeling the itch to get back into football now, and with Man U backing Ole there doesn’t appear to be any better options out there or potentially in the very short term. And from our side Levy recognises the worrying position we are in and is now likely more open to meeting his demands….

Its us or Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the moment, so it should be a bit of a no brainer.

I think it's also fair to say that Nuno became the person who took a lot of the frustration that's built over the last three years. His poor tactics and his bad decisions elicited a stronger response than they otherwise would have.
Wholeheartedly agree with this. I thought with Mourinho the lockdown helped him as it would give him and the players to serve up the style of play without the initial crowd feedback and if it was delivering results it would then be a different atmosphere. Still wonder if this has been key to West Ham’s revival to.

I believe this was the right decision but I do feel bad for Nuno. He seemed to be honoured to be here and it’s sad he’s not been given more time. I suspect he would have done if we hadn’t just come off the back of Mourinho.

If that is the case, he'll walk in January and call them out on it. He isn't one to mince words, or hide his disdain for owners who don't match his ambitions.

If Mourinho was a loudmouth, Conte has all the subtlety of a planet-sized megaphone.
He won't know until next summer.... they'll do enough in Jan to make it look like they're going for it.

Just read The Athletic article on how and why it unravelled. Good article but not much we couldn’t have figured out by watching the team. The article does lay out how catastrophic some of Nunos decisions were though like splitting the squad for Europe.

One interesting thing in it was that apparently before the 2-2 at Goodison last year, the players held a vote on whether they wanted Mourinho in charge or not. 2 players wanted him to stay on. I was shocked it was that bad but The Athletic reckon it was toxic. Kane, I’d imagine, was one of the 2 - wonder who the other was.

Just read The Athletic article on how and why it unravelled. Good article but not much we couldn’t have figured out by watching the team. The article does lay out how catastrophic some of Nunos decisions were though like splitting the squad for Europe.

One interesting thing in it was that apparently before the 2-2 at Goodison last year, the players held a vote on whether they wanted Mourinho in charge or not. 2 players wanted him to stay on. I was shocked it was that bad but The Athletic reckon it was toxic. Kane, I’d imagine, was one of the 2 - wonder who the other was.

Hojbjerg.

The lot of them need to wind their necks in.

I look forward to his press conference tomorrow (if he signs) and then him screaming at someone 5 mins into the game on Thursday for scratching their balls with the wrong hand.

Way too much player power at the club, which considering they haven't won a thing is amazing. Even Poch realised at the end the nice guy routine was failing and tried to distance himself. When he did they shafted him as well.

Hodge?

I hope Conte gives everyone at the club including Levy, the other executives, tea ladies, kit men, ball boys and all the players - a thorough kicking before he is done.

And if he does it tomorrow it won’t be too soon.

Would you like your boss to starting behaving like a first world war sergeant major tomorrow? Bullying in the workplace hasn't worked for about 50 years. That approach is only effective for about 2 minutes if literally the building is on fire.

Good shout. I was thinking Son or Dier but reckon you could be right.

Hugo certainly seemed to have had enough after the Europa League exit and can't think of too many more who'd have had time for him (maybe Lucas or Reguilon).

That was a really interesting part of that article. I find the idea that our players take a poll on whether the manager should continue to be a big part of the problem, but it is super interesting.

I also imagine a few other players would have said Jose in, but realised as much as he was probably giving the squad some needed home truths, if he’s lost most of the squad and isn’t going to be backed, he has to go.

Back