• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

There seems to be this myth that Hojbjerg is a great player which seems to mean he never gets dropped.

He was the right man at the right time. He earned himself a really good reputation with the fans but like you say he shouldn't be an undroppable. I wouldn't be against seeing Skipp start as a solo DM in future games.

Edit not "true" I meant "the" [emoji28]

Last edited:

Linking the first part of what he said (about how we should have been pressing, putting them under more pressure, chasing etc) with the comment which gets the headline, my take on it is that he doenst think some players are giving 100% (the obvious name being Kane)

Its obviously hugely worrying. Changing the manager might partly help the problem, simply because if you change tactics to looking to dominate possession then there's less chasing to be done but irrespective, it shows a club in turmoil

I think the lack of effort from the players is exactly the reason we need a Conte type (although I'm all for Potter). The worry being that any nice guy manager will just get sold down the river by those below and above him.

I'd rather get Conte/Gattuso and have them call it out for what it is when the brick hits the fan, then get Potter and watch him get walked over. I've seen Conte go ballistic over a player not taking a throw in quick enough. No way he'd put up with what we serve. People argue he'd want x amount of money, but based on what I'm seeing he wouldn't be wrong. Aside from Royal, Romero, Skipp, Hojberg and Son, who else is fighting for the shirt. When Ndombele is putting in more of a brick than others then there are obvious problems.

I think the lack of effort from the players is exactly the reason we need a Conte type (although I'm all for Potter). The worry being that any nice guy manager will just get sold down the river by those below and above him.

I'd rather get Conte/Gattuso and have them call it out for what it is when the brick hits the fan, then get Potter and watch him get walked over. I've seen Conte go ballistic over a player not taking a throw in quick enough. No way he'd put up with what we serve. People argue he'd want x amount of money, but based on what I'm seeing he wouldn't be wrong. Aside from Royal, Romero, Skipp, Hojberg and Son, who else is fighting for the shirt. When Ndombele is putting in more of a brick than others then there are obvious problems.

Right but if we cant give Conte say £200m to spend next summer, but that it what he wants, why appoint him? Just doesnt seem like the right guy to me

Right but if we cant give Conte say £200m to spend next summer, but that it what he wants, why appoint him? Just doesnt seem like the right guy to me

Seems to be completely the opposite of what we are looking for. Not that I wouldn't have him if we're willing to back him but Gil, Sarr, Gollini were signed as potential. Conte doesnt work with potential.

His style also isn't exactly free flowing from memory either.

Can't see it myself.

Seems to be completely the opposite of what we are looking for. Not that I wouldn't have him if we're willing to back him but Gil, Sarr, Gollini were signed as potential. Conte doesnt work with potential.

Can't see it myself.

Completely agree with you

Can't see it myself.

Then maybe we’re looking for the wrong kind of coach which is why we ended up with Nuno. It sounds like “oh please won’t someone think of the children!!!”

Strikes me that he wants off. Not getting it done for Spurs yet puts in a great shift when he plays for Denmark, so he can still market himself to other big clubs. He didn't come to Spurs to suffer fools lightly and fools, from the top down, is what he's suffering these days.

Strikes me that he wants off. Not getting it done for Spurs yet puts in a great shift when he plays for Denmark, so he can still market himself to other big clubs. He didn't come to Spurs to suffer fools lightly and fools, from the top down, is what he's suffering these days.

He isn't good enough for that sort of posturing. He's a magnificent destroyer, but he has a lot of limitations in his game (passing and ball retention, to name a few). Those limitations matter at the highest levels. He looks better for Denmark because international football is not the highest level.

I tend to take him at his word - he said earlier that he didn't care if the manager was his cleaning lady, he'd still give 100% and expected everyone else to do the same. The fact that half the team isn't doing that probably weighs on him.

Back