• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I think people need to get over the price of a player. Ideally we target the correct player to fit into the team, and then we either underpay, pay going rate, or overpay. Some you win, some you lose, but only getting in players that fit our valuometer will mean we potentially miss out on the right fit.
VVD is a prime example, they waited a year to get him, supposedly overpayed, and ended up with the perfect fit.
Agree with this.
Too many seem fixated with the age of a player, sell on value, etc. If there's someone obtainable of first team quality who we need to improve the side then get the fudger. Other teams do it and you know something it helps them to be better sides and challenge for honours.

I doubt Dier was being paid 30K/week when we signed him (for a grand total of £4M), he's had at least 3 contract updates since we got him, hence the wages now. Davidson is on 65K now.

Point about Palace signings valid, even if I'm not sure they quite are as good with wages as you think (considering Zaha)
Yeah. I would imagine Dier came in on under £20k a week when we bought him..... On over £90k a week now though apparently.

The point I was trying to make was that just because a promising, reasonably low wage player from the Championship goes for £x million. It doesn't mean that an established player from a top 7 club is automatically £x million x 2 (especially if they haven't really done well at the top 7 club). There is always a premium for young players based on potential. Players that haven't really made it at top 7 clubs but are on top 7 club wages are going to be much harder to find homes for. I've no idea how good or bad Palace are with wages but their playing staff wage bill for 2021 was 60% of ours.

So current summary

- Atlanta goalkeeper -> done deal, loan w/option to buy
- Sevilla winger -> done deal, Lamela going the other way
- Atalanta CB -> in negociations

So current summary

- Atlanta goalkeeper -> done deal, loan w/option to buy
- Sevilla winger -> done deal, Lamela going the other way
- Atalanta CB -> in negociations
So are these players seen as first teamers or for the future?

Back