• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

It has to be number 2 doesn't it.

Although that's not necessarily a knock on Levy, Mitchell being on the take has probably scared him off.
"Mitchell being on the take?!?"

How does a DoF get to take money out of the club? Are you saying that he was doing similar things to what George Graham was doing when at Arsenal and buying players where specific agents were involved and then taking back handers from the agents?

Last edited:
As sceptical as I am about the xg and xPoints things (simply because I don't know how they're calculated), those stats are quite incredible

I do think Levy will go for someone who he can see as being at Spurs longer-term (ie building something, like Poch did) when he replaces Jose so perhaps Potter has a shout. The media dont see to be linking him to us though
I don't take xG and xPoints as an exact science, but a good guide along with using your own eyes. With Brighton the xG and what I see are in agreement.

Levy tends to look for what was lacking in his last manager in his next manager. Potter would meet a lot of what's lacking in Mourinho, long term manager, can work in a budget and plays attacking attractive football.

I don't take xG and xPoints as an exact science, but a good guide along with using your own eyes. With Brighton the xG and what I see are in agreement.

Levy tends to look for what was lacking in his last manager in his next manager. Potter would meet a lot of what's lacking in Mourinho, long term manager, can work in a budget and plays attacking attractive football.
Would probably cost a third of what Mourinho does as well - so in only three years time we would've made up the money it will cost sacking Jose....

brick hair though
I mean appearances don’t matter (I say that as a bald fat short ish man)

Wanted a cut of transfer fees, then suggested we signed a player from Southampton, who he'd signed whilst there and would therefore get a cut of their transfer fee.
Ah I see (sorry I'd edited my post above before seeing this). So not actually being 'on the take then' but instead wanting a cut of profit on any deals. I don't think it is a bad thing for DoFs to be given cuts of profit on deals.... just like traders get a cut of the profit they make for a Bank. Though if we are to give a cut of profit to the DoF for their deals then I think two things should happen:

1. Losses on players they sign must also be factored in so that the cut is on overall profit.
2. The manager must have the final decision on whether or not the player is sold.

Who was the Southampton player? Mane?!?

Ah I see (sorry I'd edited my post above before seeing this). So not actually being 'on the take then' but instead wanting a cut of profit on any deals. I don't think it is a bad thing for DoFs to be given cuts of profit on deals.... just like traders get a cut of the profit they make for a Bank. Though if we are to give a cut of profit to the DoF for their deals then I think two things should happen:

1. Losses on players they sign must also be factored in so that the cut is on overall profit.
2. The manager must have the final decision on whether or not the player is sold.

Who was the Southampton player? Mane?!?

Yeah Mane. I also think if a recruitment/DoF is suggesting players already in the same league to a club in our position they are not working hard enough. I think that is where Levy stopped trusting him, I don't think Poch was too happy with losing him by the way, so maybe the first pain point between Poch and Levy.

Incentives are fine, but they should be club performance based rather than individual based, there shouldn't be an incentive to sign a player solely so that you can move them on in future or a profit (although that's obviously a benefit for the club if it does happen).

Yeah Mane. I also think if a recruitment/DoF is suggesting players already in the same league to a club in our position they are not working hard enough. I think that is where Levy stopped trusting him, I don't think Poch was too happy with losing him by the way, so maybe the first pain point between Poch and Levy.

Incentives are fine, but they should be club performance based rather than individual based, there shouldn't be an incentive to sign a player solely so that you can move them on in future or a profit (although that's obviously a benefit for the club if it does happen).
I'm not sure it is far to say that Mitchell was recommending Mane just because he would get a cut?.... I suspect he was recommending him because he was a brilliant player available for a position we were looking to fill who was available for a price that we could afford. If he happened to get a cut because he happened to uncover him for Southampton then that is by the by and Southampton's issue. Of course if he was trying to get us to sign a multitude of Southampton players irrespective of whether they would be a good signing for us then that is a different matter. However Mane would've been a great signing for us and it shouldn't have mattered one iota if Southampton then had to pay some Mitchell some money (no doubt they had to pay him that money anyway when Liverpool instead of us made the smart move of signing him).

What league the player is in should not matter. The DoF's job is for us to bring in players for the right fees that will improve the first team now or in future. Time has shown that Mane was one of the best value deals for a wide forward that particular summer.

Yes, as much as i am desperate for him to go, and he should go, it's entirely warranted, the fact Levy hasn't pulled the trigger yet, tells me he's waiting until after the final. As if, winning the Carabao Cup means Jose should stay is beyond me personally. He absolutely needs to go even if we win a cup, and again the fear is it will blind Levy from the dearth of quality football and poor results and relationships, he'll be kept on for next season.

Grim.

Yes, as much as i am desperate for him to go, and he should go, it's entirely warranted, the fact Levy hasn't pulled the trigger yet, tells me he's waiting until after the final. As if, winning the Carabao Cup means Jose should stay is beyond me personally. He absolutely needs to go even if we win a cup, and again the fear is it will blind Levy from the dearth of quality football and poor results and relationships, he'll be kept on for next season.

Grim.

Sacking him before would absolutely guarantee we'd lose, the distraction to the players would be too much.

It's a 1% chance with him, 0% without.

I actually didnt realise that. He goes up in my estimation in that case given he's managerial education is broader and he's actually won things (as well as playing good football, despite average players). There's plenty of managers who have done 'something' in lower league English football, but regular promotions in an unfamiliar environment speak more to a manager's capabilities. For me, that puts him close to Rodgers and Nagelsmann as options...

From wiki:

In December 2010, Potter signed a three-year contract as coach of Östersund, who were then playing in the fourth tier of Swedish football, starting on 24 January 2011.[11] Potter was offered the job after Graeme Jones, his friend and assistant to Roberto Martínez at Swansea City, recommended him to chairman Daniel Kindberg after their pre-season friendly with Swansea.[12]

In 2013, after two successive promotions, Potter extended his contract with the club for another three years.[13] On 27 October 2015, Östersund secured promotion to the Swedish top flight, Allsvenskan, for the first time in their history following a second-place finish in the 2015 Superettan.[14] Östersund finished their debut season in eighth place, winning plaudits for their "slick passing game" and competing on a limited budget.[15][16]

On 13 April 2017, Potter's Östersund team won the Svenska Cupen, beating Norrköping 4–1 in the final.[17] This granted the team a place in the second qualifying round of the 2017–18 UEFA Europa League where they defeated Galatasaray 3–1 on aggregate.[18] In the third round they defeated Fola Esch 3–1 on aggregate[19] and in the play-offs they knocked out PAOK (3–3 on aggregate with more away goals), thus securing a historic entry into the Europa League group stage.[20][15] They finished second in their group, level on points with Athletic Bilbao.[21] Despite beating Arsenal 2–1 at the Emirates Stadium, they were eliminated from the competition after losing 4–2 on aggregate.[22] Östersund finished their domestic league season in fifth place.[18]
Learn something new every day!

Might be worth taking a punt simply as Potter has won twice as many games at Effeminates during his short managerial career than our club has in that time!

Grim.

I asked someone this question this week. Should winning the Carabao mean the league form/situation is cast aside and Jose stays.

You know what doesn’t seem to get mentioned alongside the league stuff, we also failed in the FA Cup in a very winnable one off game to Everton, and we failed in the EL against Dinamo Zagreb and being 2-0 up.

The sum of our achievements this season has been to navigate our way past:

Chelsea on pens
Stoke
Brentford

And all of this while alienating about half of the squad.

Should we really even be discussing what happens in the final?

Something that I don’t understand with Jose and how we’ve been setting up and it’s been bothering me for a while.

When we beat Utd 6-1 we had Sissoko in a 2 man midfield with Hojbjerg. This continued until just after the Arsenal win, then at some point, I think around the Liverpool game, Jose decided he wanted to play Tanguy in the 8 role with Hojbjerg.

Now I know Sissoko has been criticised on here but you cannot argue with the fact that we were much more solid with him in the team in the first 10-12 games of the season, supporting both Hojbjerg and Aurier.

In the United 6-1 game Pogba played in a 2 man midfield with Matic. I think it’s the last game that we saw Pogba in a 2 man midfield and since then they’ve played 2 holding CMs with the full backs supporting the front 4, and they’ve become very solid.

For me it looks so obvious that the reason the defence is so error prone and sloppy is that they simply do not have the protection in front of them that they need. It’s no coincidence that now everyone is talking about how good Maguire and Lindelof are. Compare that to the start of the season.

I would immediately revert to playing a 2nd holding midfielder with Hojbjerg, my preference would obviously be Skipp but Sissoko will suffice for now and then let the front 4 do what they need to, supported by Aurier and Reggie. This would also facilitate some involvement for Bale.

It honestly beggars belief that we are continually going into matches with Tanguy as part of a midfield 2. People (and Jose) might think he’s capable but it’s simply not working.

I think it’s also linked to the pattern of games. We initially have one extra man up high and tend to make it count early but eventually oppositions work it out during the game and then continually get in behind the flimsy midfield. (I know Sissoko came on at 1-1 on Sunday but that’s a one off game where everyone stopped playing) - I’d rather judge on the first 3rd of the season when things were going well.

Back