• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

He should have been getting more minutes in the league before now, so that he was ready when needed. Mourinho has mismanaged him and Kane by not giving him more time.
And even with the league minutes he had, to effectively make Son the target man was a ridiculous decision. Son's ability to hurt teams is as a speedy runner. not the focal point of the attack. Our Glory-Glorious Podcasters mentioned either bring Vinicius on or sticking Bale up there with Son off him.

Vinicius has to start on Sunday. Mourinhoball doesn’t work without a big striker like him. If we go back to punting the ball endlessly to Moura like we did this time last year then it would seem Mourinho has forgotten how to play his own game.

Think its easy to start picking players from behind the Internet... perhaps carlos is currently not doing enough in training. I would have hoped that he starts also though. Lumping the ball to Moura (who has an incredible leap) is not the answer

Think its easy to start picking players from behind the Internet... perhaps carlos is currently not doing enough in training. I would have hoped that he starts also though. Lumping the ball to Moura (who has an incredible leap) is not the answer

Its easy when you play football manager.;)

It's not madness to want something that represents a like for like replacement though is it? I guess it's not quite the same with Kane playing deeper, surely we'd have seen more threat with an out and out striker coming on in his stead...Someone who can hold the ball up and play other people in.

Second half offensively was a horror show, like a pistol shooting out the word "bang" rather than an actual bullet. PEH's wondergoal was the last shot on target IIRC, surely that wouldn't have been the case if we had Vini on instead of wonderbot2000's favourite sicknote argie. fudging embarrassing.

I for one am going to start full on throwing my toys out of the pram if we start Bale who has barely looked up for it rather than Carlos against Brighton.

He looks a good player who brings players into the game, but he needs early passes and quicker delivery into the box, we dont play to his strengths.

He's an in and around the box striker, lay off's, quick strikes or poachers goals.

7 goals in 16 appearances for a bit part player, when last did a back up striker score 10 goals in a season for Spurs? he could get there.

I think he is a good player who will score goals for us, he just needs more games to show it.

It's a little more than that, our players need to get he's not Kane, so don't play to him likes he's Kane.

We don't want Vinicius dropping deep like Kane, we want him as close to the box as possible and someone there with him, and people getting the ball to him.

I've seen so many backup failures, I really want this guy to push on, the tools are there.

It's a little more than that, our players need to get he's not Kane, so don't play to him likes he's Kane.

We don't want Vinicius dropping deep like Kane, we want him as close to the box as possible and someone there with him, and people getting the ball to him.

I've seen so many backup failures, I really want this guy to push on, the tools are there.
JJ on the feed from last night was talking about the crosses not coming in for him and how he needs to demand service. But that it's hard being in his position, especially as a loan player. But his instinct to score is clearly there.

If he was 22 then I could see us signing him. I just wonder though really whether there is much scope for improvement given he turns 26 shortly.

I guess if we could get him for say £15m or less then maybe its worth a punt. However, my preference would be to either try to find another vinicius try before you buy type arrangement or see whether we could get that lad from Celtic who has 1 year left on his contract - younger, more versatile, more potential.

If he was 22 then I could see us signing him. I just wonder though really whether there is much scope for improvement given he turns 26 shortly.

I guess if we could get him for say £15m or less then maybe its worth a punt. However, my preference would be to either try to find another vinicius try before you buy type arrangement or see whether we could get that lad from Celtic who has 1 year left on his contract - younger, more versatile, more potential.

Mate, no offense, how many do you need to see fail? we have failed to find an even ok option as backup for years

Jose likes a focal point striker (which limits an already small pool), the player has to be willing to accept he's always behind Kane, and not at stupid cost/wages, not a lot to choose from.

We are never going to pay the original rate, don't think he will be £15, but £20-£25 with add ons would probably work.

Just to say, he has had an unorthodox career path and could still have some levels to go. Many parts of his game are good, and given the second fiddle role he faces (and appears to accept) it could be worth a fee of £20-25m as we know he has ability and plus it negates another search for someone who could likely not be as good as well as having to be accepting of Being Kane's understudy.

That said, I'm not sure what Jose's thoughts are, as he's not given him much time, and there have been times he should have given him more minutes.

Just to say, he has had an unorthodox career path and could still have some levels to go. Many parts of his game are good, and given the second fiddle role he faces (and appears to accept) it could be worth a fee of £20-25m as we know he has ability and plus it negates another search for someone who could likely not be as good as well as having to be accepting of Being Kane's understudy.

That said, I'm not sure what Jose's thoughts are, as he's not given him much time, and there have been times he should have given him more minutes.

Agreed. Indeed, I’d be surprised if Vinicius wanted to stay given the minutes he’s had so far. (Especially not coming in when Kane was injured vs Liverpool and Brighton, or rested vs Wolfsberger).

Back