• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Wasn't he up to some shaggery? I seem to remember that was why he moved so quickly?

Did he used to go on night time drives with Pleaty or something?

The story I heard was that Dundee United wouldn't sell to Rangers so he came to us for a year with the intention of joining Rangers. Dunno if there is any truth in it but he was a hell of a player for the guts of a decade after leaving us.

The story I heard was that Dundee United wouldn't sell to Rangers so he came to us for a year with the intention of joining Rangers. Dunno if there is any truth in it but he was a hell of a player for the guts of a decade after leaving us.
He came here to play in England but didn’t the European ban kick in so he went north like loads of others?

That is exactly it, yes.

He’s always been quietly efficient defensively imo, bar a slip high up the pitch in the Europa. I just thought we’d see a little more offensively from him - thought the wingback role may help as he was the outball with a bit of space for the first 15 minutes of the match until we retreated.

When he got the yellow you knew he’d get a red. Seems lacking in confidence. Maybe Jose needs to publicly humiliate him as motivation?

When he got the yellow you knew he’d get a red. Seems lacking in confidence. Maybe Jose needs to publicly humiliate him as motivation?

he was fine
We kept a clean sheet
The second yellow came form him trying to clear up a reverse flick from Moura.... the kind that got Dele in trouble
So if anyone deserves the public humiliation then it has to be the instigator

he was fine
We kept a clean sheet
The second yellow came form him trying to clear up a reverse flick from Moura.... the kind that got Dele in trouble
So if anyone deserves the public humiliation then it has to be the instigator
I know he’s playing in a 4, not what he did for wolves, but he seems more in his shell than before. Maybe it’s the tactics, but there is more to come from him.

He had a few shaky moments in the first half but thought he played decently in the second half.
Very harsh sending off
This ref gave a lot of soft decisions. The first yellow it looked like he’d slipped. But at that point in the game, with that score, that high up the pitch he shouldn’t give the ref a decision to make.

I know he’s playing in a 4, not what he did for wolves, but he seems more in his shell than before. Maybe it’s the tactics, but there is more to come from him.

there is a loads more to come
It takes time to adapt to a new team let alone a new system as you say
What’s key is the drop between him and Aurier isn’t there so in theory the performances should be consistent

The £18m-rated Irishman committed a game-high five fouls, so the writing was really on the wall in terms of bookings, whilst he also lost possession 19 times and won only 38.9% of his duels both on the ground and in the air.

Doherty was wasteful with the ball too, making just 71% of his 35 passing attempts, of which he completed none of his three long balls and didn’t even record a single cross all game.

I’d imagine Jose is going to start his strongest team so Aurier would have started regardless for this one....

He is absolutely fine as a second choice/rotation player I think. It is just a shame that Poch didn't allow KWP out on loan earlier as had he done so we could've got him that experience and confidence and avoided having to buy an older player for the same sort of money.

Looks like another one a little low on confidence, whilst I’ve always felt prem experienced mitigates the risk with a new signing I guess it is a very different system to the one he was used in at Wolves. I thought he was going to replace Aurier as a rb high up the pitch, almost an extra right mid as the outball in possession but whether it’s the system or confidence he has rarely shown much offensively, except the ball to Kane for the WBA winner. Still don’t think he’s awful and there’s a lot to be said for being reliable defensively, but expected a different type of impact from his reputation.

Back