• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City ***

@milo Dele MotM.

If only because first half we started to see the Dele of old. Predictably tired second half given he's missed so many games but made several of his classic trademark runs that, when fully match sharp (given the chance!) he will surely make much more of.

No way Hosay. He tried hard and made some good runs in the first half but should have finished at least one of the chances that fell his way. He gave the ball away too many times and was looking for too many free kicks rather than tough it out like the old Alli. He was poor in the second half and failed to make the most of a decent break although the runs of Kane and Lucas didn't help him much. The final straw was giving the ball away which eventually led to their goal. As Jose said, this made him angry and led to his virtual immediate hooking.

Was busy making and wrapping presents with my kid, so only watched with one eye, but I thought it was a decent performance. Stoke barely got out of their half in the first 45 minutes, and I thought Sanchez handled things very well the times he was needed, and looked assured with the ball as well.

Was busy making and wrapping presents with my kid, so only watched with one eye, but I thought it was a decent performance. Stoke barely got out of their half in the first 45 minutes, and I thought Sanchez handled things very well the times he was needed, and looked assured with the ball as well.
What do you guys do differently in Norway to us for Christmas?

I guess you have to caveat any analysis that this was an under strength, yet competitive, team in the Championship. That said...

I thought it was a very professional job; I couldn't believe when they scored as it was their first attack. It was good to see us have more of the ball and try to play another way.

I liked Dele...he reminded me how good he is at popping up in spaces in final third to receive the ball; it may not sound that impressive but kane aside we rarely see any of our other players in these sort of positions. His movement off Kane was also impressive but perhaps understandably wasn't quite sharp enough to time runs to the presicion required.

We only see what the camera shows us and Jose will have more of a 360 so may well be far more aware of the things he may not have done but in my mind it confirms that he has something to offer us.

Can't really take it for granted, but should mean that we dont need to field a first choice team - can put out a similar team to this evening

I’ve shown before his pass maps where over half his passes were forwards and been called a liar!!

I’m not a big fan but I appreciate what he brings. His managers do too which is why he gets played a lot
Games where we will have the ball he is a much much better option than sissoko for example as he keeps the ball. He showed that today but asking showed a mix of his game alongside a quality CM.
I've said it to you before, it's not just about passing forward it's when you make that pass. A pass that breaks the line is an entirely different proposition to a pass that just goes to feet.

Too often in the past Winks would hesitate and not play the killer forward pass when the opportunity was there. He would hold on to it and play it sideways or backwards or by the time he did play it forward the momentum from the attack had already petered out.

It's somewhat moot now as he does seem to have a bit verve back in him and he will need it to get back into the side because even Mourinho criticised him for only passing "laterally" when he first joined.

Can't really take it for granted, but should mean that we dont need to field a first choice team - can put out a similar team to this evening

The match after the SF is Marine in the FA Cup, with a midweek match Away to Villa after that.

I can see a strong team against Brentford, no need to rest key players when there is a game 4 days later where they can be.

Who the fudge are we bribing to get these draws!? Blatant corruption, tbh :D

If we don't win this cup, it will be one of the biggest letdowns in footballing history.

Let's give Brentford the respect they deserve - put the full first team out for that game. We can rotate against Marine.

Back