• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Precisely, which is why I couldn't understand all the Levy hate that was floating around a few months ago.

At least Ole and Frank had experience in managing before stepping up. Appointing Arteta was such a massive gamble, partly at least presumably because he was a cheaper option to say Ancellotti or Allegri and at the moment it looks as if it's failing. It would be like us appointing, say, Michael Carrick on the basis he's a former player and a decent number two.

Looking at the two games the goons have after us, Burnley and Saints both at home, I reckon they need 4 points minimum from those or he may well be gone

I'm actually not sure he's under any pressure, that clubs seems to be run quite passively, unless the fans start kicking a fuss (which would be hard to visualize with so few in stadium), I don't see them doing anything.

The media still haven’t really turned on him either, I guess after making him the new messiah it will take a few more weeks / months of this before they start to admit they were a bit premature?

I really hope we use this opportunity next week to kick them when they are down. From the mid 90’s till about the Redknapp days when they were consistently much better than us they pretty much always beat us and beat us well at their place. It would be nice, now that we have been consistently better for a while now, that we start to do the same! Where are our 5-1’s, 5-2’s etc.?!

edit: I would settle for a 1-0 win by the way, not getting too greedy !

The media still haven’t really turned on him either, I guess after making him the new messiah it will take a few more weeks / months of this before they start to admit they were a bit premature?

I really hope we use this opportunity next week to kick them when they are down. From the mid 90’s till about the Redknapp days when they were consistently much better than us they pretty much always beat us and beat us well at their place. It would be nice, now that we have been consistently better for a while now, that we start to do the same! Where are our 5-1’s, 5-2’s etc.?!

edit: I would settle for a 1-0 win by the way, not getting too greedy !

10 games in (which is about when you can say the table is a decent reflection), and the results

- Scum 14th, City 10th, United 8th, out of those the media probably rides Ole the most, and Pep for the most part and Arteta almost completely get a pass

re next week, I want us to smash them .. really bad, sink the mood around their club even further ..

They have stopped saying "Arteta's Ars*nal" in a fake enthusiastic voice (particularly Sky), which does make me laugh as they've blatantly only stopped because they are so sh*t. lol

They have stopped saying "Arteta's Ars*nal" in a fake enthusiastic voice (particularly Sky), which does make me laugh as they've blatantly only stopped because they are so sh*t. lol

The putting the managers name before the club always annoys me, the club belongs to the fans, everyone else are just passing through.

Precisely, which is why I couldn't understand all the Levy hate that was floating around a few months ago.

At least Ole and Frank had experience in managing before stepping up. Appointing Arteta was such a massive gamble, partly at least presumably because he was a cheaper option to say Ancellotti or Allegri and at the moment it looks as if it's failing. It would be like us appointing, say, Michael Carrick on the basis he's a former player and a decent number two.

Looking at the two games the goons have after us, Burnley and Saints both at home, I reckon they need 4 points minimum from those or he may well be gone
Gamble is the right word. But then again most appointments are. Going by posts on here at the time Mourinho was quite the gamble, thinking back there were quite a few unconvinced by Pochettino when he arrived too.

Waiting to be convinced that Arteta was a good gamble to take. I was a lot less certain of that than the media made it seem at the time, but there's still time for him to prove himself in that job. I like some of the things he's done.

Looking on arse mania and there are quite a few posters talking Pochettino. I'm tempted to roar laughing but football's a funny game...surely not?

I’m always reticent to criticise too early in case it comes back to bite me but the Arteta decision was a always a little mystifying to me. He’d gained a reputation as a potentially good manager by being a bit of a prefect as a player and for helping put the cones out while not focussing on any defensive drills at city. He still may come good but as the brand of football isn’t that great I think the scrutiny on results comes quicker. At least with Ole there is a sense that United have some quality in attack and I think this is why United fans I know are being patient with him. Goons don’t seem to be creative or resilient and are probably fortunate that fans aren’t attending their home matches as the atmosphere would be pretty toxic.

I'm actually not sure he's under any pressure, that clubs seems to be run quite passively, unless the fans start kicking a fuss (which would be hard to visualize with so few in stadium), I don't see them doing anything.

I’m not sure about that. Regardless of the result against us (but let’s say they scrape a draw or even a win) one point at home against Burnley and saints and the pressure will be building massively

Let’s hope it happens and we can see who was right!!

As a slight aside, I’m not a religious man in any way but if we can somehow win the league and the goons get relegated I solemnly swear to attend synagogue, church and the mosque every day for a year

How's the apparent 'baller' Partay been playing? Haven't noticed him doing much. Fully expect Hojberg and Ndombele to run through him on Sunday.

I find it completely stunning that when

- United, Spurs, Scum and Chelsea last went looking for a manager, we ended up with Jose and they got Ole, Arteta and Lampard ...
- And the money that those clubs have spent to back inexperienced managers? .. crazy

People really don't appreciate how much better run we are as a club ..
I don't think when it comes to appointing poor managers we are in any position to gloat at other clubs. We've done well this time but it's not like we have an unblemished record.

I don't think when it comes to appointing poor managers we are in any position to gloat at other clubs. We've done well this time but it's not like we have an unblemished record.

I think Levy's hit rate is pretty good, I didn't agree with the timing for Hoddle and Sherwood was downright loony tunes, but the rest worked out, albeit not as planned with Santini and Jol, Redknapp, AVB and Poch were unquestionable triumphs, we took a huge step forward with all of them and closed off obvious weaknesses.

And here we are with arguably the greatest manager in the history of the game.

The more I think about it, we are the only ones that can gloat, and particularly at arsenal, who are still suffering from chasing away undoubtedly the most important person in their history.

Back