• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Some are saying that if Pence has it too, Pelosi takes over as acting POTUS.

Assuming he gets over this, I wonder if this has a positive or negative effect on his numbers. On one hand, Boris got a sympathy bounce when he contracted it, but on the other hand, Trump's strong man projection will take a battering with his base.

Last edited:
Imagine if Biden got it too - and both presidential candidates died just weeks before the election. Which, considering their age, could very well happen.

This will also make it much harder for Trump to shift focus away from covid-19 during the final weeks of the campaign. He will probably spend much more time tweeting, of course.

An interesting month ahead.
Maybe Trump hasn't really got it BUT knowing he'd be in close proximity to Biden 'gave it' to him knowing the old codger Biden might struggle with it and Trump can still play the 'im a survivor' card.

:D

Errr...no he wasn't.
What a comment mate, you'll have to dig deep to even attempt to back that up!

He was a safe, middling, good PR president but he had no teeth. I get that America probably crave him because of Trump but he was not great.

One legacy piece of legislation was Obamacare, but that was it. He messed up the financial bailout which meant another 10 million lost their homes despite warnings. He was majorly weak on things such as gun crime where he could have put together executive orders rather than a bunch of executive actions which meant nothing other than making him look like he was doing stuff, didnt he actually expand gun rights by allowing them on trains and in parks early in his. I get that its a complex situation but this is the modern world where guns have no place in society and he should have done more, he was the hope to do that, the first modern president who would get it, instead we got the same tearful eulogies and no action. He also oversaw an economic system that saw the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, his famous Obamanomics. Police Violence and race crime was just as high then as it is now despite general perceptions.

Even if you look at the economy and unemployment under Obama as a raging success and I can see why, before Covid Trump did pretty well with the American economy, saw drastic stock market rises and unemployment continue to fall, so using the same barometer for success Trump looks just as favorable. It just all comes down to positive versus negative PR. And just to state I hate Trump before anyone starts a pro Trump versus negative Obama agenda type thing.

Obama was cool, looked great on GQ and getting Burgers on Insta with Biden was edgy......I get it

The first post debate poll has Biden as +13. An outlier maybe but we'll see.

I think polls are very, very dangerous and contribute to apathy. I'd ignore them.
He was a safe, middling, good PR president but he had no teeth. I get that America probably crave him because of Trump but he was not great.

One legacy piece of legislation was Obamacare, but that was it. He messed up the financial bailout which meant another 10 million lost their homes despite warnings. He was majorly weak on things such as gun crime where he could have put together executive orders rather than a bunch of executive actions which meant nothing other than making him look like he was doing stuff, didnt he actually expand gun rights by allowing them on trains and in parks early in his. I get that its a complex situation but this is the modern world where guns have no place in society and he should have done more, he was the hope to do that, the first modern president who would get it, instead we got the same tearful eulogies and no action. He also oversaw an economic system that saw the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, his famous Obamanomics. Police Violence and race crime was just as high then as it is now despite general perceptions.

Even if you look at the economy and unemployment under Obama as a raging success and I can see why, before Covid Trump did pretty well with the American economy, saw drastic stock market rises and unemployment continue to fall, so using the same barometer for success Trump looks just as favorable. It just all comes down to positive versus negative PR. And just to state I hate Trump before anyone starts a pro Trump versus negative Obama agenda type thing.

Obama was cool, looked great on GQ and getting Burgers on Insta with Biden was edgy......I get it

I don't have the time or energy. He had faults, but much of what you've said does not stand up to proper scrutiny. Your last sentence is frankly insulting.

I think polls are very, very dangerous and contribute to apathy. I'd ignore them.

As a general point, yes, I'd agree with you. American's need to assume the polls are wrong and vote like their life depends on it, and it kinda does. As an outside observerver though I do have the luxury of being able to view these polls through an impartial lens (well maybe not fully impartial) and interpret them.

Actually the polls are ususally not far of the mark and those that point to 2016 to show how wrong they can be actually are not really interpreting them correctly. 2016 was a long shot that came in, not an impossibility.

Anyway better to be ahead inthe polls than behind, but yes, no complacency please.

Last edited:
Your last sentence is frankly insulting.

I dont think it is, the guy loved PR, he was often on chat shows, making quirky videos like walking down the corridors of the white house in shades, didn't he do a trip for a coffee stint with some comedian in a vintage car? He was a media fluffy bunnies cuddling at times, and fair play to him, he was a symbolic leader no doubt but for me thats not what makes a great president. It was all very Trudeau

This passage summed him up:

His failure to counter the gun crime epidemic, and African Americans have gained little stature or pride from his time in the White House. Who would have imagined #BlackLivesMatter taking off under the first black president of the United States? Far from being an inspiring leader, Obama turned out to be a sensitive loner

The end of his reign again in my opinion saw America with a more closed mind than when he took office which paved the way for Trump, that is his legacy, if what he had done had that great an effect on the country his legacy would have been a more inclusive together USA, the fact Trump got into power showed that he never achieved that.

I dont think it is, the guy loved PR, he was often on chat shows, making quirky videos like walking down the corridors of the white house in shades, didn't he do a trip for a coffee stint with some comedian in a vintage car?

That comedian was Jerry Seinfeld and he is a genius. I bet it took a few hours at most to do.

I would expect presidents and prime ministers to have free time in the evenings. If Obama wanted to go on talk shows to get his message across more power to him.

I would like Johnson to go on a chat show and say how he wants to once free of the EU support and subsidise green industries (the future) how to help students he will move to a graduate tax rather then tuition fees. How he is going to sort out care fees.

Think the general public watch these shows more then they do political shows. So really it is about getting your message across to as many people as possible.

That comedian was Jerry Seinfeld and he is a genius. I bet it took a few hours at most to do.

I would expect presidents and prime ministers to have free time in the evenings. If Obama wanted to go on talk shows to get his message across more power to him.

I would like Johnson to go on a chat show and say how he wants to once free of the EU support and subsidise green industries (the future) how to help students he will move to a graduate tax rather then tuition fees. How he is going to sort out care fees.

Think the general public watch these shows more then they do political shows. So really it is about getting your message across to as many people as possible.

Nothing to do with the time he spent doing it, it was his decisions to do it all and the pure frequency which he did it and rarely did he do it to get a message out there, was more about how nice he dresses and telling the world how he does normal human things and eats burgers like everyone else at home.

Also things like the Mic drop was a total embarrassment but for me reflects his craving for popularity. Alli and Son were panned for such antics after scoring goals and they are mere footballlers, this was the leader of free world.

Look end of the day its just my opinion its no biggie

Imagine thinking Obama could have solved America's gun problems? I get you might not like the guy and i agree, he was a distinctly average President in terms of deliverables, but there is absolutely zero chance, he, or any other Dem or Rep US President is ever going to affect change with America and its tossathon over guns.

Someone will change the gun laws and sooner rather than later because its 2020 and having a gun in your home because someone in the 1800s did is idiotic. But its going to take someone with balls who don't care about a second term or their profile.

He was the change and hope president its not about not liking him its about holding him to a gold standard compared to Trump.
He sided with Wall Street, lied about deaths and drones, then back tracked and then they paid out victims, he left a legacy in Libya that lives on today and by the standards set to the UK for displacement in the Middle East he has to be accountable.

He wasn't the hope and change President he promised to be.

Someone will change the gun laws and sooner rather than later because its 2020 and having a gun in your home because someone in the 1800s did is idiotic. But its going to take someone with balls who don't care about a second term or their profile.

They wont win on a ticket of getting rid of guns and if they dont mention it and try and do it once in power you would have civil war.

Back