• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All or Nothing - spoilers

Don't forget that during the week, Mou will say something positive and something negative to almost everyone involved... and then the editors will select 5 of the 753 snippets of conversation to make the narrative fly. They cannot show the other 748 snippets

And that the reaction you see wasn't necessarily to what was being said.

Jose talks about a steadfast confidence that stays with the team win or lose. Its more like mental fortitude and undying inner self belief. Yes he nags about it all the time.

It explains many things but also uncovers how unprofessional many of the boys are.

It is also obvious that Poch did not instill this type of professional attitude on them well enough (Kane, Sonny seems to get it).

But Jose is spot on and you can see his experience and brilliance at work. I have no doubt that he can be an awful person, but I think it also takes plenty to draw it out of him as he is a very principled person. That desire to win exceeds everything including perfect temperament all the time, and it's what we've needed for ages.

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

From someone who is definitely not in his camp I think Mourinho comes across very well in the edit.
The players are so quiet. I though senior players like Alderweireld would be more vocal leaders.
Levy fangirling over Son's goal like it was the first game he watched football was embarrassing. The remark he made about "two top top coaches". No wonder he has appointed so many terrible managers over the years. He should have nothing to do with player recruitment neither but he does.

Jose talks about a steadfast confidence that stays with the team win or lose. Its more like mental fortitude and undying inner self belief. Yes he nags about it all the time.

It explains many things but also uncovers how unprofessional many of the boys are.

It is also obvious that Poch did not instill this type of professional attitude on them well enough (Kane, Sonny seems to get it).

But Jose is spot on and you can see his experience and brilliance at work. I have no doubt that he can be an awful person, but I think it also takes plenty to draw it out of him as he is a very principled person. That desire to win exceeds everything including perfect temperament all the time, and it's what we've needed for ages.

I think that you need to bear in mind that there is some spin in the series and that Mourinho Is using it to ballster his reputation.

For all the talk of niceness, the bulk of this squad went toe to toe with Chelsea in the battle of the bridge and were very adept tactical foulers.

I think that you need to bear in mind that there is some spin in the series and that Mourinho Is using it to ballster his reputation.

For all the talk of niceness, the bulk of this squad went toe to toe with Chelsea in the battle of the bridge and were very adept tactical foulers.

Not sure that Dembele's eye gouge, Lamela's stamp or Dier's scything, waist high tackle were tactical fouls but your point still stands.

The tactical fouls bit was an observation on our general play during this period, rather than the Chelsea game specifically. Our team were no pushovers under Poch, particularly during the peak years.

That Chelsea game was the making of them. I still believe one more season at the Lane and we'd have won the title...

The most telling thing I've noticed so far was the look of fear in Eriksens eyes when Mourhino enters the room, could be good editing but Eriksen came across as very needy. I feel it's a great shame that we couldnt get those good years back in him as he was the heartbeat of the team, when he played well we dominated games, he seemed to miss an enforcer playing in midfield like Dembele/Wanyama.

Fair enough, but this is way more credible information than what I get from the press or Internet.

It's not only Jose talking, it's the players reactions too that tell a lot.

Fair enough, but this is way more credible information than what I get from the press or Internet.

It's not only Jose talking, it's the players reactions too that tell a lot.

It is editted to present a narrative. One that they are clearly pursuing is that Spurs are too nice and that Mourinho is here to fix that.

The players reactions are necessarily to what is being said and there will be hours of stuff that gets cut because it doesn't fit a narrative.

I am not saying that there is no truth in that but that we were not pushovers under Poch and could be very spikey.

The most telling thing I've noticed so far was the look of fear in Eriksens eyes when Mourhino enters the room, could be good editing but Eriksen came across as very needy. I feel it's a great shame that we couldnt get those good years back in him as he was the heartbeat of the team, when he played well we dominated games, he seemed to miss an enforcer playing in midfield like Dembele/Wanyama.
I’ve worked in reality tv and if you shoot for months and months you can basically turn any moment into something else. Especially when people wear near enough the same gear every day. You’ll have maybe 20 plus shots of Eriksen reacting to something off camera and you choose the one that fits the story you’re telling. You splice together dialog to fit your narrative needs. You add the reaction shots, and Eriksen smiling when, let’s say, Jose walks in, becomes him looking like a deer in the headlights.

It is editted to present a narrative. One that they are clearly pursuing is that Spurs are too nice and that Mourinho is here to fix that.

The players reactions are necessarily to what is being said and there will be hours of stuff that gets cut because it doesn't fit a narrative.

I am not saying that there is no truth in that but that we were not pushovers under Poch and could be very spikey.
Agreed. We were not nice in the Battle of the Bridge. The issue was not having the winning weather patterns. Well, the was one of the issues.

Not sure that Dembele's eye gouge, Lamela's stamp or Dier's scything, waist high tackle were tactical fouls but your point still stands.

I still look back at that game and shake my head, we blew it and fell right into Chelskis hands. Shocking performance and showed that we lacked mental toughness. I know some think it was good to see but we lost our way in that game and showed how niave some of our players were.

I still look back at that game and shake my head, we blew it and fell right into Chelskis hands. Shocking performance and showed that we lacked mental toughness. I know some think it was good to see but we lost our way in that game and showed how niave some of our players were.

That game was up there with the second leg against Juventus in the Champions League for bottling it. Juventus were so dirty against us that night, amazed how they ended the match with 11 players! We weren’t smart enough to fight back. Only fights were in the stands where Juventus supporters were sat amongst the Spurs supporters making a lot of noise.

The tactical fouls bit was an observation on our general play during this period, rather than the Chelsea game specifically. Our team were no pushovers under Poch, particularly during the peak years.

1 game out of how many? We didn’t do it enough, otherwise we would have one the league at least one of those seasons.

1 game out of how many? We didn’t do it enough, otherwise we would have one the league at least one of those seasons.

We were pretty narky during that period, constantly near the wrong end of the PL discipline table. Maybe the spend on players was a bigger factor than how nasty we were and that this is just a narrative for an entertaining TV programme with a charasmatic lead.

Our problem wasn't that we didn't foul ppl enough [emoji1787]

We lacked passers in midfield and creativity throughout the team. Wanyama/Dembele/Dier were all good to great destroyers in midfield but they all lacked passing vision and range. When you pair any of the two together you have a side that isn't exactly quick to move the ball and when it did they weren't the most adventurous of passers.

Of course we had Eriksen at the height of his powers but aside from him being somewhat mentally weak he was literally our only creative force. If you shut Eriksen down you shut Spurs down. One creative player out of 11 is simply not enough and you will come across situations like we did when Eriksen wasn't quite on his a game or the opposition had devised a plan to deal with our tactics. We were of course so good that we were able to fight around it but the year Leicester won the league we struggled due to not being able to break teams down leading to us winning 4 less matches than Leicester.

Fouling more opposition that season wouldn't have gained us more points. [emoji30][emoji1787]

Our problem wasn't that we didn't foul ppl enough [emoji1787]

We lacked passers in midfield and creativity throughout the team. Wanyama/Dembele/Dier were all good to great destroyers in midfield but they all lacked passing vision and range. When you pair any of the two together you have a side that isn't exactly quick to move the ball and when it did they weren't the most adventurous of passers.

Of course we had Eriksen at the height of his powers but aside from him being somewhat mentally weak he was literally our only creative force. If you shut Eriksen down you shut Spurs down. One creative player out of 11 is simply not enough and you will come across situations like we did when Eriksen wasn't quite on his a game or the opposition had devised a plan to deal with our tactics. We were of course so good that we were able to fight around it but the year Leicester won the league we struggled due to not being able to break teams down leading to us winning 4 less matches than Leicester.

Fouling more opposition that season wouldn't have gained us more points. [emoji30][emoji1787]
I don’t think we lacked passers nor creativity - we ended up with 86pts at the peak of our powers in 2016/2017! The difference between us and taking that next step was not the lack of quality, more for the lacking in mentality IMO. That’s not to say we hadn’t made MASSIVE strides in this department from what Poch inherited, but it just wasn’t enough to get us over the line unfortunately.

Back