• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

This move or a pardon was always on the cards but to do it before the election means he has effectively conceded that he'll won't win by fair means. He doesn't care about the political blowback anymore. Now he's started I expect to see a wave of preemptive pardons on the way.

This move or a pardon was always on the cards but to do it before the election means he has effectively conceded that he'll won't win by fair means. He doesn't care about the political blowback anymore. Now he's started I expect to see a wave of preemptive pardons on the way.

How many dodgy qunts does he know in prison? They're all either released or dead.

How many dodgy qunts does he know in prison? They're all either released or dead.
Considering he was involved for decades with the Italian and Russian mafia I'd say the list is long.

The preemptive pardons for his current buddies will be top of the list, before the clock runs out. Congress need to act now or the whole show will be over.

Considering he was involved for decades with the Italian and Russian mafia I'd say the list is long.

I'd say the preemptive pardons for his current buddies will be top of the list, before the clock runs out. Congress need to act now or the whole show will be over.
What can Congress do? All votes are breaking down on party lines and Trump has the Senate.

What can Congress do? All votes are breaking down on party lines and Trump has the Senate.
They should impeach Barr immediately to start with. At this stage, it is about exposing the corruption as much as anything else. And if Trump's numbers dive into the 30's there is a chance some Senators will abandon him. Doing nothing is will just encourage them to crime some more.

They should impeach Barr immediately to start with. At this stage, it is about exposing the corruption as much as anything else. And if Trump's numbers dive into the 30's there is a chance some Senators will abandon him. Doing nothing is will just encourage them to crime some more.
The only thing that will get Republicans to abandon him is if their seats are more at risk from a Democrat than from a fellow Republican.

US politics is so partisan now that those chances are few and far between.

The only thing that will get Republicans to abandon him is if their seats are more at risk from a Democrat than from a fellow Republican.

US politics is so partisan now that those chances are few and far between.
I agree. Tying their political future to Trump will have consequences for their re-election. In fact, the polls are already showing GOP senators underwater in lot of races, so there will be a breaking point for some of them at least. Anyway whether or not they vote to impeach Trump or Barr it's congresses' job to proceed with impeachment again and not prejudge the outcome. It's the only weapon they have and they should use it.

I agree. Tying their political future to Trump will have consequences for their re-election. In fact, the polls are already showing GOP senators underwater in lot of races, so there will be a breaking point for some of them at least. Anyway whether or not they vote to impeach Trump or Barr it's congresses' job to proceed with impeachment again and not prejudge the outcome. It's the only weapon they have and they should use it.
I agree - they should be impeaching when it's valid and it certainly is for Barr.

There is a political cost to that - every time the Senate dumps the charges it looks like another witch hunt to the swivel-eyed loons. I don't spend enough time in the US to know if that's a significant part of the electorate.

I agree - they should be impeaching when it's valid and it certainly is for Barr.

There is a political cost to that - every time the Senate dumps the charges it looks like another witch hunt to the swivel-eyed loons. I don't spend enough time in the US to know if that's a significant part of the electorate.
There was no political cost to the first impeachment, quite the contrary actually. Doing it again? Well, who knows but I think the cost of not doing is far worse IMO.

And they don't need the loons. Those are lost votes not worth chasing anyway. The election if it happens at all will be decided by turnout. High turnout (or mail-in votes) will mean a Biden landslide.

0ihxdapzvba51.jpg

Below is a link to an interview with a long time Republican strategist, who subsequently began working for the Lincoln Project. He talks about where the Republican Party is now and what will make it change.

Back