• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
... and welcome to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the previously-unheard-of home of the Spurs, soon to be called something else.

I'm going to try and put a slight Klopp perspective on this one, to try and deflect against much of the sheer pessimism around...

Unless I'm mistaken, Liverpool haven't battered us in terms of scoreline for a few seasons now (since the hammering at home with Suarez??). We've been beaten and perhaps hammered in possession, but a late Lloris blunder, a Sissoko glaring miss, late penalty calamities etc have all meant games have been fairly close in scoreline.

Klopp knows he's coming to a top 4-6 team with a top manager. He also doesn't need to spank a team to get attention. Liverpool are already getting the deserved plaudits, even if they're winning ugly at times.

If (or when?!) Liverpool go a goal up, much like the CL Final, I think they'll be happy to sit back and soak up any pressure we can offer, knowing they have the counter attack ability there if they want to use it. But they don't have to.
Klopp will be well aware of the attacking threat we can pose, and I think he'll respect that.

So that gives us a possible sniff if we can be effective enough in their third. However, this is where I think Jose may stifle us. I think he'll def look to park the bus and grind out a gritty draw from somewhere, with a view that it might be erection inducing enough. He surely can't believe we'll keep a clean sheet against them (do any of us??). And he must know we can't outplay them creatively. So talk of Lo Celso and Lamela starting I think are pipe dreams.

Yes, I agree it could be a very tough afternoon, given how we're playing. Our weakest point is unfortunately their strongest (FBs). But I'm hoping the deficit won't be too embarrassing so long as our boys can keep their heads throughout.

I'm going to try and put a slight Klopp perspective on this one, to try and deflect against much of the sheer pessimism around...

Unless I'm mistaken, Liverpool haven't battered us in terms of scoreline for a few seasons now (since the hammering at home with Suarez??). We've been beaten and perhaps hammered in possession, but a late Lloris blunder, a Sissoko glaring miss, late penalty calamities etc have all meant games have been fairly close in scoreline.

Klopp knows he's coming to a top 4-6 team with a top manager. He also doesn't need to spank a team to get attention. Liverpool are already getting the deserved plaudits, even if they're winning ugly at times.

If (or when?!) Liverpool go a goal up, much like the CL Final, I think they'll be happy to sit back and soak up any pressure we can offer, knowing they have the counter attack ability there if they want to use it. But they don't have to.
Klopp will be well aware of the attacking threat we can pose, and I think he'll respect that.

So that gives us a possible sniff if we can be effective enough in their third. However, this is where I think Jose may stifle us. I think he'll def look to park the bus and grind out a gritty draw from somewhere, with a view that it might be erection inducing enough. He surely can't believe we'll keep a clean sheet against them (do any of us??). And he must know we can't outplay them creatively. So talk of Lo Celso and Lamela starting I think are pipe dreams.

Yes, I agree it could be a very tough afternoon, given how we're playing. Our weakest point is unfortunately their strongest (FBs). But I'm hoping the deficit won't be too embarrassing so long as our boys can keep their heads throughout.
Lamela is PERFECT for "parking the bus" tactics. You still have to press and harass when playing defensively, and there's not many better at that than Lamela.

We'll play well and get fudged by VAR.

If not VAR, then something else. There's nothing we can do that will stand a chance against the luck these cnuts are having.

Coming over for this. Not sure why, we've never won against them when I've been in the stadium, but at least there's a mate celebrating his 40th on Friday and good opportunity for a few beers with some familiar faces.

No one expects us to get anything out of this game, so how good will it be if Jose can organise the team and surprise us all. Would not miss it for anything because IF we can get a result it will be in the memory for ever ( given that it will go down as their first defeat for so long).

I’m trying to be optimistic too. I think we’ll only lose 0-4 and will keep the sending offs down to one.

No one expects us to get anything out of this game, so how good will it be if Jose can organise the team and surprise us all. Would not miss it for anything because IF we can get a result it will be in the memory for ever ( given that it will go down as their first defeat for so long).

I have massive faith in Mourinho as a manager because I believe that he is a winner and has an unbelievable ability to find a way.

However, I look at our players, the way we have been playing and I just can't see how he does it. He can't park the bus, which would be his normal way of getting a result, because Liverpool are too good offensively not to score against pretty much any opposition. Factor in that we have Gazzaniga in goal who doesn't look good under crosses or shots from distance, Aurier who is an accident waiting to happen, centre backs who have no pace, Sess who is inexperienced and not really a left back and a midfield with no defensive nous and I think we're getting beaten comfortably.

I'd give anything to beat those f**kers but I can't find any logical reason to believe.

F**k football.

Given the huge polarity in expectations for this match - Liverpool to win easy, injury-battered Spurs to lose massive - I move that the originator of this matchday thread be exempt from having his avatar messed with should we lose.

I have massive faith in Mourinho as a manager because I believe that he is a winner

I've been biting my tongue on responding to this point since he was appointed but I think being"a winner" is flimflam.

Is being a "winner" a lifetime ability or is it time limited? If it is for life, why does his "winning mentality" only seem to work on minor competitions now? Should we consider the budgets and players that he had during his golden period or was it him being a "winner" that was the difference?

This isn't taking away from his record, he was at one point one of the greatest managers in the world and it stands up to anyone but is the Mourinho of the last ten years as good as the Mourinho of the preceding ten?

I've been biting my tongue on responding to this point since he was appointed but I think being"a winner" is flimflam.

Is being a "winner" a lifetime ability or is it time limited? If it is for life, why does his "winning meteorology" only seem to work on minor competitions now? Should we consider the budgets and players that he had during his golden period or was it him being a "winner" that was the difference?

This isn't taking away from his record, he was at one point one of the greatest managers in the world and it stands up to anyone but is the Mourinho of the last ten years as good as the Mourinho of the preceding ten?
I'll tell you after the weekend.

Is being a "winner" a lifetime ability or is it time limited? If it is for life, why does his "winning meteorology" only seem to work on minor competitions now? Should we consider the budgets and players that he had during his golden period or was it him being a "winner" that was the difference?

no

Play like we have been and it will be at least 4 or 5 nil. Defend for our lives and hit them on the counter. Are Sissoko and Ndombele available?

My team: 4-5-1 to negate their full backs getting forward would be;

----------------------Gazzaniga-----------------------------
Aurier---Sanchez----Alderweireld--Vertonghen
Sissoko--Ndombele--Dier--Winks--------Moura
-----------------------------Son---------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Foyth, Dele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Skipp, Parrott

So no Sissoko and possibly no Ndombele, just great.
Still sticking with 4-5-1 but team for me now would be;

-------------------Gazzaniga--------------------
Aurier---Sanchez---Alderweireld--Vertonghen
Moura---Lamela---Dier---Winks---Sessegnon
--------------------------Son--------------------------

Subs:Vorm, Foyth, Tanganga, Dele, Lo Celso, Skipp, Parrott

So no Sissoko and possibly no Ndombele, just great.
Still sticking with 4-5-1 but team for me now would be;

-------------------Gazzaniga--------------------
Aurier---Sanchez---Alderweireld--Vertonghen
Moura---Lamela---Dier---Winks---Sessegnon
--------------------------Son--------------------------

Subs:Vorm, Foyth, Tanganga, Dele, Lo Celso, Skipp, Parrott
Who is going to pass the ball to Son [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Back