• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Thing is if no one has come in yet despite him saying he's open to a move he'd be going to a club that may not have had him as their first target or priority signing, does he really want to go somewhere like that.

I'm my own head ... a club tapped him up promising him for a move ... it has not materialised ... spurs have said no worries jog on .... no one really wants him.

He seems like a nice guy that needs stability but can't find a better place than spurs. Spurs happy to call his bluff.

Nice guy, good player, essential but not irreplaceable

Last edited:
This is what saddens me most. Echoes of how GHoddle was grotesquely underappreciated by England. Rolls Royce in midfield but deemed useless by philistines who moaned he did not chase back enough or maim opponents in the tackle.

Well especially with Hoddle it was a case of " there are none so blind as those that can not see" and to be honest there is a little of that with Eriksen as well.

Thing is if no one has come in yet despite him saying he's open to a move he'd be going to a club that may not have had him as their first target or priority signing, does he really want to go somewhere like that.
Clubs could be put off by the valuation that Levy has put on him. If I were Barca or Madrid I would be waiting six months and agreeing a pre-contract deal with him in January for a Bosman transfer next summer. Once that deal is agreed you would then go back to Spurs and offer a little fee of (say) £10 million of so to take him immediately seeing as he won't be there long term.

Clubs could be put off by the valuation that Levy has put on him. If I were Barca or Madrid I would be waiting six months and agreeing a pre-contract deal with him in January for a Bosman transfer next summer. Once that deal is agreed you would then go back to Spurs and offer a little fee of (say) £10 million of so to take him immediately seeing as he won't be there long term.

Its a balancing act, one thats entirely dependent on the buying clubs desire to sign the player.

In the current market, with a "WE MUST HAVE HIM NOW" team, hes £60m+ easily.

However, as you say, its a small step tactically to getting him for pennies with a little patience.

Thankfully its Madrid and Barca sniffing (apparently), neither of which appear to have any hesitation in throwing money away, so I think Levy will sense a deal can be done...

I don't think either are interested, at least not enough to jump in to a bidding war - all a bit embarrasing on Eriksens part, throwing himself at clubs who don't seem fussed by him

I certainly think its backfired, but reports are suggesting Madrid coming back in for Eriksen with Pogba seemingly out of reach, and Barca are (apparently) letting Coutinho go to PSG in their bid for Neymar - so things change...

Not that I was suggesting a bidding war. More the case of Madrid deciding they want him and just paying, rather than trying to play it smart.

Ardiles told talkSPORT 2: “It looks to me like he has put his mind on a move – that he wants to go somewhere else.

“And if that is the case it’s futile for the club to try and keep a player when he wants to leave.

“I won’t say he’s not happy with us, because he is, but his mind is trying to play somewhere else, and the best thing is to part company.”

I don't think either are interested, at least not enough to jump in to a bidding war - all a bit embarrasing on Eriksens part, throwing himself at clubs who don't seem fussed by him
Im not sure its that embarassing for Eriksen - he's now made it clear he's ready to move, and whilst the big boys might not be prepared to pay Levy's fee with a player who can go for nothing in a year there will be plenty interested in him in six months time. Its a win win for him, worst case scenario he can just carry on going through the motions here for another season or he will go this summer. Either way its likely we are going to lose out with not getting a fee he is worth (I agree I dont think there will be any type of bidding war) or a player whose heart isnt really in it for another season then going for nothing. I'd say its better we get what we can for him now, even if its a 40-50m.......

Im not sure its that embarassing for Eriksen - he's now made it clear he's ready to move, and whilst the big boys might not be prepared to pay Levy's fee with a player who can go for nothing in a year there will be plenty interested in him in six months time. Its a win win for him, worst case scenario he can just carry on going through the motions here for another season or he will go this summer. Either way its likely we are going to lose out with not getting a fee he is worth (I agree I dont think there will be any type of bidding war) or a player whose heart isnt really in it for another season then going for nothing. I'd say its better we get what we can for him now, even if its a 40-50m.......

If either really wanted him they'd be knocking our door down, 12 months on his deal or not - the fact they aren't says it all imo, happy to take him if available on a free in a year otherwise...

If either really wanted him they'd be knocking our door down, 12 months on his deal or not - the fact they aren't says it all imo, happy to take him if available on a free in a year otherwise...
Agreed. Quite certain the fee Levy would accept now is significantly lower than if he had longer left on his contract.

Real aren't really in the opportunistic, wait for the fee transfer game, neither are Barca. It's not some utter failure for Eriksen, but I think he might be disappointed.

Exactly. Real splashed the cash for Hazard, who had just a year left too. If they're not doing the same for Eriksen, that should tell us something.

It makes sense that interested teams are waiting, his price is going to drop by the day unless he signs a new contract, which, given the noises he’s made seems unlikely.

From his point of view, moving on a free next summer maximises his earning potential.

No party of influence is in a rush, he may well be elsewhere when the window (in Spain/Italy/Germany/France) closes but I’ll be surprised if he leaves anytime soon.

If madrid persist with three in midfield and one of those is a DM like casmeiro, then he is going to find himself on the bench more often than not.

And when he does play he will need to perform to his best every time, otherwise that crowd will rip him apart.

You need to be something seriously special to survive and flourish as an attacking player at that club and imo eriksen is one rung below that category.

Much like vdv and sneijder who also didnt last long their. Even hazard will need to step up and show his best consistently, which he hasnt done in the PL enough. But that is only down to him being bothered enough to turn up, so hazard will be fine imo, but for eriksen I dont think its that simple.

This is a big mistake from the boy imo - the crowd will kill him and he wont last more than two years their.

That being said I can see why he is tempted, but when its blatantly obvious they arent really that bothered about signing you, then given everything else, its time to forget about it and recommit to the very green grass at NWHL.

He hasn't exactly stood out in the high-profile games like what, say De Ligt has done. I'm sure Bale doubled his value and tripled the interest in THAT Inter game alone. Unlike the typical YouTube-player, I think you have to actively scout Eriksen or watch him on a regular basis to see his true value, like how he performs in places like Stoke on a rai... ahh never mind. Sure he has done reasonably well on the international stage, but by that yardstick someone like Rakitic is twice the player Messi is.

Squad player for his chosen ones...anyway, regardless, we are about to live life without him and with Ndombele providing the verve and Lo Celso the creativity (I believe it will happen) then Poch’s MK II is well on course. Exciting times, and if Cebellos is part of any deal for him, what options we will have!

Eriksen is certainly no Glenn Hoddle.
No one's claiming otherwise. @parklane1 simply said "there is a little of that" in the Eriksen situation and I agree with him.

Hoddle was under-appreciated by the England set up in the same way that Eriksen appears to be by many Spurs fans. He is certainly way short of the level of adulation accorded the likes of Dele, Harry and Son yet his contribution, I submit, is pretty much on a par with those players.

Back