• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

As always the most important thing is getting the right players in, whether that be in the first week of the window or the last hour - obviously the sooner the better but for a myriad of reasons that's not always possible.

Asensio was supposed to be the next big thing. He's not though.

Maybe not yet but I have seen enough of him to know that under the right tutelage he could become a very special player.

Madrid have got a lot of not-actually-very-good over-hyped young players.

And they also have also had a lot of good young players that were simply not managed right or given the time. We all know they like players of a certain profile.

Personally I would take him in a heartbeat.

He has played in the Champions League 27 times and has two winners medals as well as a league title win. I think Poch could work wonders with this young man.

Rumours he would consider Man United.

You often hear the phrase a player leaving would “weaken a team”, but I think going there would “weaken the player”. Just don’t see how he would improve playing for their current team, seems a pretty safe/unambitious move.

(Ignoring the fact it’s probably made up)

Maybe not yet but I have seen enough of him to know that under the right tutelage he could become a very special player.

And they also have also had a lot of good young players that were simply not managed right or given the time. We all know they like players of a certain profile.

Personally I would take him in a heartbeat.

He has played in the Champions League 27 times and has two winners medals as well as a league title win. I think Poch could work wonders with this young man.
I have been watching him closely, knowing his reputation, and I'm yet to be wowed by his performances. But as you say, maybe the right coach and environment would bring him to the next level.

Rumours he would consider Man United.

You often hear the phrase a player leaving would “weaken a team”, but I think going there would “weaken the player”. Just don’t see how he would improve playing for their current team, seems a pretty safe/unambitious move.

(Ignoring the fact it’s probably made up)
So much for a "step up." I agree it is probably gonad*s, though.

In a way I wouldn't mind Eriken going to united. They have a way of underutilising quality players. If we could get well paid for the transfer so beit. But he would be better off signing a new contract with us. Better stadium, training facilities, coach, location, squad harmony....and hopefully future.

If he stays, great. If he goes, fine.

He laid his cards down at Xmas and shifted the posts ever so slightly (it was Barcelona then became Madrid)...he held on for Spain but Spain doesn’t especially seem to want him/bad timing.

It happened before a few years ago, but whenever contract talks were in the mix with him, his performances curiously dropped a level from where he can be. If he resigns (and I believe he has no choice unless we want shot of him) it will be fascinating to see if he is up for a fight as I believe we will reshape and reconfigure. We COULD end up seeing Eriksen have his best-ever season as the fight might be the making of him. Or he might drift.

If there’s one thing the first phase of Poch-Rev has taught us, it is that we cannot play exclusively through him as it is simply too much pressure on us and him. There needs to be a different way, and I sense Poch already knows exactly what that will be.

Either way, as long as we continue doing what we’re doing and moving forwards regardless of what he does, I am happy enough.

It happened before a few years ago, but whenever contract talks were in the mix with him, his performances curiously dropped a level from where he can be.

This is the bit which makes me slightly more relaxed as I ready myself for his departure. Everything about his personality and career choices to date reek of not wanting to be the main man, in the spotlight or really have to compete for his place and the uncertain contract situations of his own making unsettling him make me think we wouldn’t see him kick on to higher levels at a more demanding club.

However the United link, especially if they are the only suitor is a worry, he’d improve them instantly and would be able to get a hefty pay rise for little personal upheaval. I don’t like us selling domestically even if we are offered a premium (which makes Toby’s release clause even more painful)

If he stays, great. If he goes, fine.

He laid his cards down at Xmas and shifted the posts ever so slightly (it was Barcelona then became Madrid)...he held on for Spain but Spain doesn’t especially seem to want him/bad timing.

It happened before a few years ago, but whenever contract talks were in the mix with him, his performances curiously dropped a level from where he can be. If he resigns (and I believe he has no choice unless we want shot of him) it will be fascinating to see if he is up for a fight as I believe we will reshape and reconfigure. We COULD end up seeing Eriksen have his best-ever season as the fight might be the making of him. Or he might drift.

If there’s one thing the first phase of Poch-Rev has taught us, it is that we cannot play exclusively through him as it is simply too much pressure on us and him. There needs to be a different way, and I sense Poch already knows exactly what that will be.

Either way, as long as we continue doing what we’re doing and moving forwards regardless of what he does, I am happy enough.
Why does he has to sign a new contract if he doesn't get a move? He could easily just stay here for a year and get a juicy sign on fee.

Last edited:
This is the bit which makes me slightly more relaxed as I ready myself for his departure. Everything about his personality and career choices to date reek of not wanting to be the main man, in the spotlight or really have to compete for his place and the uncertain contract situations of his own making unsettling him make me think we wouldn’t see him kick on to higher levels at a more demanding club.

However the United link, especially if they are the only suitor is a worry, he’d improve them instantly and would be able to get a hefty pay rise for little personal upheaval. I don’t like us selling domestically even if we are offered a premium (which makes Toby’s release clause even more painful)

But he has said he wants to move to step up

United right now are not a step up hence why their changing their philosophy on signings

But he has said he wants to move to step up

United right now are not a step up hence why their changing their philosophy on signings
Step up...in wages
New challenge...joining a club that is going out do their way to erode the huge economic advantage they have over most of their rivals, as opposed to the challenge of playing for a club that had been trying to do the opposite.

Back