• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Madrid have signed the Frankfurt striker for a decent amount, looking at getting Hazard for 100m, Pogba for 100m and apparently are close to a fullback for big money too. They cant have a bottomless pit, do they even need/want Eriksen!?

I wonder if another club is after him. Someone like Bayern maybe
Madrid have a transfer surplus of about £50 million over the last 3 years. I think they have bundles to spend if they want.

Have you actually bothered looking at his stats?

4th highest tackler in our team.

Oh right, sorry, maybe he should have thrown the stats at Mane as he waltzed past him to set up the second goal on Saturday. And that's not the first time he's done it this season either.

Or maybe build a platform from the stats to take dead balls from, might get it over the first defender.

Dier breaking the front line of the opposition's defence? I don't remember seeing too much of that (I think I have seen him break the front line of our own defence more via giving the ball away badly via poor control or passes)
Dier still (when fit) does what Dier is supposed to do - be the other one in the midfield with a Dembele type. Sissoko doesn't do that, as the stats I've posted show. Neither does he do the Dembele role.

He defends a bit, he presses very little, he intercepts very little, he dribbles a lot but with little to no deep progressions, etc.

He can't perform the Dembele role our system is so heavily based around, neither can he play as the other pivot the Dembele role requires. Probably be really useful to a Stoke or a West Ham though.

Would fit in well at Barca as Coutinho replacement. Pretty sure it was reported in his time at Ajax that his dream 1 day would be to play for one of the big Spanish teams, could be wrong though.

Looks like we have to sell him this summer or in Jan. Will there be massive clubs in a bidding war? If not it presents issues for us. He doesn't rule out a new contract, but without spending silly money, it looks unlikely he would re-sign.

“I feel that I am at a stage of my career where I would like to try something new,” Eriksen told the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet. “I have the deepest respect for everything that is happening at Tottenham and it would not be something negative to stay. But I have also said that I would like to try something new.

“I hope that something will be decided this summer. That is the plan. In football you never know when there could be a decision like that. It could be at any point. The best thing is always for it to happen quickly but in football things take time.”

Eriksen has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, who are looking to add marquee signings this summer for Zinedine Zidane after a desperately disappointing season.

“Real Madrid is a step up but then it would take Real Madrid picking up the phone and making contact with Tottenham and say that they want Christian,” Eriksen said. “And that they haven’t done as far as I know.

“It all depends on Daniel Levy and there has to be another club too. Or I will sit down myself at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can’t set a date yourself. There aren’t many boxes that Tottenham don’t tick so if I have to move away, it would have to be a step up.”

Eriksen was asked whether he would seek to run down his contract. “That is difficult to say,” he replied. “It depends on the possibilities. If there are no exciting offers why shouldn’t I stay at Tottenham? If I then sign a new contract depends on the conditions.”

Dier still (when fit) does what Dier is supposed to do - be the other one in the midfield with a Dembele type. Sissoko doesn't do that, as the stats I've posted show. Neither does he do the Dembele role.

He defends a bit, he presses very little, he intercepts very little, he dribbles a lot but with little to no deep progressions, etc.

He can't perform the Dembele role our system is so heavily based around, neither can he play as the other pivot the Dembele role requires. Probably be really useful to a Stoke or a West Ham though.

If he is getting to the goal after waltzing by our AM, I would suggest the issue is else where

Well i accept that there are few on here who will not agree with what i am going to say. IMO Eriksen has been one of the ( if not the best) players we have had over the last few seasons and i doubt we would be where we are without him.

So IF he goes i will wish him the best and thank him for what he has done for us. He will be missed for sure.

If he is getting to the goal after waltzing by our AM, I would suggest the issue is else where

I assume that's a reply to my reply, he was the closest player Mane.
You rate him that's fine, he has qualities we can all agree on that, but imho he's not the player that he's made out to by some on here.
He has skill and intelligence but to me lacks heart.

He sometimes looks happy!
That comment comes across as though you have an issue with his personality, with his public face being quieter and more introverted.

I can sort of understand the Ajax reaction. They were the club that bought him to the big stage no doubt there were mixed feelings for all the former Ajax boys, but it didn't stop them being in the huge pile-on when Moura scored at the end.
He clearly likes us a lot but it's not as though he's a home-grown lad with emotional bounds formed since youth for Tottenham. He's an immigrant doing a job very well for a company that has treated him decently. Good luck to him if he goes elsewhere without screwing us over financially.

I just don't buy into ll that not celebrating a goal against your former club flimflam. If he scores against us then he can go nuts, it's what i would expect him to do, but do you know what, he wouldn't. He seems devoid of passion.

I just don't buy into ll that not celebrating a goal against your former club flimflam. If he scores against us then he can go nuts, it's what i would expect him to do, but do you know what, he wouldn't. He seems devoid of passion.

Nothing wrong with showing respect.

If you played somewhere, became part of the family, bonded with everyone and shared a relationship - and later score against them? Ive no issue at all with not being a clam about it.

You rate him that's fine, he has qualities we can all agree on that, but imho he's not the player that he's made out to by some on here.

I know that this is probably an unfashionable viewpoint in this day and age where being a transgender vegan is popular, but you wouldn't want Mr. Eriksen next to you in a good old fashioned tear up, would you? Or in any situation where you had to stand up and be counted. I'd love to know what Roy Keane makes of him? I truly believe that Mr. Eriksen would be much happier in the Spanish or Italian league.

How can someone putting up the distances he does lack heart.

If that was the case he would do half the amount and stand there

He’s also not in the team to be a ball winner.

Given his actual tackle completion in the league, what does that say about the heart of Sissoko etc?

“I feel that I am at a stage of my career where I would like to try something new,” Eriksen told the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet. “I have the deepest respect for everything that is happening at Tottenham and it would not be something negative to stay. But I have also said that I would like to try something new.

“I hope that something will be decided this summer. That is the plan. In football you never know when there could be a decision like that. It could be at any point. The best thing is always for it to happen quickly but in football things take time.”

Eriksen has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, who are looking to add marquee signings this summer for Zinedine Zidane after a desperately disappointing season.

“Real Madrid is a step up but then it would take Real Madrid picking up the phone and making contact with Tottenham and say that they want Christian,” Eriksen said. “And that they haven’t done as far as I know.

“It all depends on Daniel Levy and there has to be another club too. Or I will sit down myself at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can’t set a date yourself. There aren’t many boxes that Tottenham don’t tick so if I have to move away, it would have to be a step up.”

Eriksen was asked whether he would seek to run down his contract. “That is difficult to say,” he replied. “It depends on the possibilities. If there are no exciting offers why shouldn’t I stay at Tottenham? If I then sign a new contract depends on the conditions.”

In the first sentence he actually says he maybe would like to try something new. There are three options now. We just have to avoid the one where he sees out his contract and walks away for nothing.

Back