• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

This sounds extremely positive. Great news.
Would be fantastic news of course. But if you listen closely to what Poch says on 'being open' etc., I don't believe much has changed. Both parties are open to talks after the season, as they have always said. I still think it's 60-40 for him to stay, all ultimately depending on Barcelona's transfer policy.

wow he's 27 already. he's gone from relatively unknown to borderline world class.

It's hard to measure how known a player is at one time or another but I'd say he's neve exactly been under the radar, especially as he was in the Danish team from such a tender age. Helped that he made England defenders look like clowns in one game. I vaguely remember posting about how surprised I was we got him considering the clubs that had been interested previously, especially at the price we did.

I think the balance is in our favour. He knows Barca are not coming for him this summer. I think so long as we secure top 4, and we pay him, he will be here a few more years.

I can't believe he's here and performing on £75k per week (If the papers are to be believed) He could engineer a move and triple his salary. Speaks volumes of the man IMO

All due respect to Eriksen, I don’t believe he’s quite good enough for Barca or Madrid. He’s not consistent enough. I think we are his level which isn’t a bad thing.

I hope he stays, he deserves to be on more than £75k a week so I hope we give it to him. And also sign someone like Tielemans as we rely too much on Eriksen for creativity.

All due respect to Eriksen, I don’t believe he’s quite good enough for Barca or Madrid. He’s not consistent enough. I think we are his level which isn’t a bad thing.

I hope he stays, he deserves to be on more than £75k a week so I hope we give it to him. And also sign someone like Tielemans as we rely too much on Eriksen for creativity.

He is better than quite a few Madrid players at the moment and also players like Countinho so I’d disagree

It's not like the Real Madrid players have been a model for consistency this season.

He is better than quite a few Madrid players at the moment and also players like Countinho so I’d disagree

Maybe but he’s also gone missing for us for large chunks of this season. His form has picked up again lately. Don’t get me wrong he’s a quality player but I’m just not sure he’s at that level to play for Barca and Madrid where you have to do it pretty much every week. Albeit Madrid have been sub par this season.

I hope he stays with us and we sign another creative player to help him share the burden.

Maybe but he’s also gone missing for us for large chunks of this season. His form has picked up again lately. Don’t get me wrong he’s a quality player but I’m just not sure he’s at that level to play for Barca and Madrid where you have to do it pretty much every week. Albeit Madrid have been sub par this season.

I hope he stays with us and we sign another creative player to help him share the burden.
To accuse someone who has more assists this season (17 in all competitions) than his nearest rival Hazard (12) and never stops putting his all into every game that is an utterly contemptible statement.

You must watch a completely different Eriksen to the one I see because I'm struggling to recall even one when he's completely gone missing. For sure he has games when his radar is more off than on off but even then he absolutely NEVER stops challenging for the ball and more to the point he never stops using his intelligence.

Bu don't let reality get in the way of your prejudice will you.

I must admit I don’t really get the Eriksen criticism. I agree with @parklane1, for me he is our most important player. He makes my pants sticky and even when he is having a “below par game” (for him) he is still putting in the tackles, trying to make things happen and capable of that moment of magic.

I would take him off direct free kicks and some corners but his delivery from the sides of the 18 yard box nearly always cause panic in the box

There is no doubt his form dropped for a few games, coinciding with our poor run in Feb and early March. But what a player! Eriksen, Alli and Kane are our game changers and the 3 players along with Vertonghen we really must keep.

Back