• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

You may be right. If everyone was fit he may not have had the game time. But so what? Why is that still relevant to the current situation. He has taken advantage of our bad situation and may now have cemented his place ahead of the likes of Dier and Wanyama even if they are fit. Neither would be a shoe in to regain their place ahead of Sissoko. So I think that line of argument is looking weaker by the day.
So on Sissoko's plus lists are height, strength and the fact that he's never (almost) injured.

The last one is very important and has served him (and us) well. Unfortunately he cost first team money and earns first team wages. That's not the sensible way to employ a 6th choice midfielder.

So on Sissoko's plus lists are height, strength and the fact that he's never (almost) injured.

The last one is very important and has served him (and us) well. Unfortunately he cost first team money and earns first team wages. That's not the sensible way to employ a 6th choice midfielder.
Actually the lack of players argument is not even a valid one when it comes to Poch. He is ruthless. If you are not good enough or don’t buy into his philosophy, you don’t play -period. We’ve seen Poch would rather play Moura up front on his own than play Janssen. He would rather play Bentaleb and Mason over the more expensive and highly rated Capoue. Soldado was bombed out, so was Chiriches, so was Paulinho and so on and so on. He would have used Skipp brought backOnamah and played them before Sissoko if he was that bad. Sissoko has played for 3 seasons at Spurs now. Poch must actually rate the guy.

Last edited:
We've been hearing the same broken record since the beginning of the season yet Sissoko has been continued to be picked when Lamela, Dier and Moura were simply bench warmers. You simply cannot accept the fact - which Poch has make clear unequivocally - he is in the team because our coach (lauded yesterday as one of the best in the planet) sees him as a key contributor.

You can continue to say otherwise till the cows come home but - just like Trump and climate change - you may convince yourself with your "arguments", you may even convince a hard core following, but anyone willing to look at the facts in an unbiased, rationale manner will immediate see them as BS.

On the money.

The last time I offered this suggestion (to Nayim) he got terribly offended. I think, however, you are made of different stuff. So for the sake of all of us, I implore you to have a meeting with Poch and educate him as to what he isn't seeing and what he's doing wrong with regards to Sissoko. It might be a turning point.

There is no doubting that Sissoko has been a test of patience and injuries have played a part in his rise in the fact he now gets more game time but you can't say he has not improved and its obvious that he is an important player in our team. Poch has said it a number of times about what he knows he will get from him and what his qualities.

I think thats very much the case with Sissoko to be fair, its not as simple as looking at stats or anything like that at all.
We've been hearing the same broken record since the beginning of the season yet Sissoko has been continued to be picked when Lamela, Dier and Moura were simply bench warmers. You simply cannot accept the fact - which Poch has make clear unequivocally - he is in the team because our coach (lauded yesterday as one of the best in the planet) sees him as a key contributor.

You can continue to say otherwise till the cows come home but - just like Trump and climate change - you may convince yourself with your "arguments", you may even convince a hard core following, but anyone willing to look at the facts in an unbiased, rationale manner will immediate see them as BS.
Lamela and Moira play in different positions, Dier hasn't been fit.

Actually the lack of players argument is not even a valid one when it comes to Poch. He is ruthless. If you are not good enough or don’t buy into his philosophy, you don’t play -period. We’ve seen Poch would rather play Moura up front on his own than play Janssen. He would rather play Bentaleb and Mason over the more expensive and highly rated Capoue. Soldado was bombed out, so was Chiriches, so was Paulinho and so on and so on. He would have used Skipp bought backOnamah and played them before Sissoko if he was that bad. Sissoko has played for 3 seasons at Spurs now. Poch must actually rate the guy.
Janssen was ditched for his attitude, not ability - Rose too.

Sissoko's never had effort or attitude issues, just ability ones.

I think Sissoko will always have moments in a game where he's clumsy; shank the odd pass, ball will hit his shin and bounce away etc. But he is noticeably doing many good things in a game and he never used to. And he knows his limitations as well. Overall, like so many games he's played this season, he did an excellent job last night. In the 2nd half, between him, Winks and Eriksen, Dortmund couldn't breathe in midfield, they got no joy at all.

The last time I offered this suggestion (to Nayim) he got terribly offended. I think, however, you are made of different stuff. So for the sake of all of us, I implore you to have a meeting with Poch and educate him as to what he isn't seeing and what he's doing wrong with regards to Sissoko. It might be a turning point.
I think Poch knows where he is with Sissoko.

He tried to sell him but there were no takers, then everyone got injured so he's had to play him. If Sissoko continues to play when everyone is fit then Poch could use some educating.

He tried to sell him but there were no takers, then everyone got injured so he's had to play him. If Sissoko continues to play when everyone is fit then Poch could use some educating.
And you're the man to do it, of course, because you know much better than Poch as evidenced by your superb record as a top level football coach. Poch out, scara in!

I’m delighted to admit I was wrong. I’ve gone from dreading him being on the pitch and thinking it was all a bad joke, to absolutely loving his work and appreciating he is now probably the most complete modern midfielder playing in world football today.

And you're the man to do it, of course, because you know much better than Poch as evidenced by your superb record as a top level football coach. Poch out, scara in!

I would kinda just go for this just for the post match interviews. Particularly against Liverpool.

I don’t think any interview with a manager has ever gone as follows:

Interviewer: So scara, great result. Sissoko was immense you must be very happy with him.

Scara: He was brick. Only playing him because everyone is injured. He’s a pub player.

Again, for the sake of our football club, please meet with the manager and spread your wisdom in his direction. :D

All of those runs you class as bad because he squares it to a player that was available at start or that he passes back all have a huge thing in common, it takes the pressure off the team, it sets the play and he does the work other players don't by carrying the ball the yard.

Theres a number of moments too where you don't highlight where he squares it and someone blazes it over or he switches play pretty nicely etc.

I played to a pretty decent semi pro standard when I was younger and that role was one where as a centre half was a dream for you, it also always mad the more creative player effective because you are askign alot less of them by giving them the ball in advanced places and areas of the pitch.

No player does it well every game or in every moment of the game but in my opinion you can't knock him for what he does and does well and its an example where in the game stats do often lie

What he does in most of those instances takes time, he gets possession, moves, holds it, lays it off - and little is actually gained in respect of the team advancing play.

Sure, yeah, defenders like a few seconds off.

But does it work better than a quick ball forward, our players advancing while the other team is on the turn? (and defenders still enjoy a breather).

And this is the crux of it.

This is a sensitive topic for you isn’t it mate. Perhaps because you’re wrong on the Mighty Sissoko?
(runs for cover giggling like a schoolkid and putting up the storm shields!!!!)

Believe me when I say I am perfectly calm. Its not even a sensitive topic. Its just frustrating, I have literally been labelled crazy above your post - for speaking calmly and specifically about how I feel about a player. VERY few people are actually willing to address the posts as they are, MANY are just taking pot shots at the poster instead. Its all rather odd, to be honest.

And what did Dembele add to the attack? Definitely not goals or assists.... Yet I never saw you on his thread berating him; and rightly so because he was still a important contributor to the team in other areas.

Many, many, many times I have expressed frustration at Dembeles lack of attacking end product and proclivity to hold the ball to long.

While recognising his worth to the team and skill in other areas. Nobody brick their pants about that though, which is probably why you dont remember.

I have also expressed what I feel Sissokos weaknesses are, usually in context of the conversation, while recognising his strengths and positive aspect.

Everyone loses their mind.

And then calls me the crazy one. Go figure.

I cannot believe people are still having to defend Sissoko from comments about his brickness, with the contribution he has made this season and the way he has played. It's incredible. I don't think there is another player who gets this kind of criticism after a good game. That is the point with this crazy thread. Although I think @nayimfromthehalfwayline has bought his own kind of crazy here.

And now I know youre just trolling. Well played sir.

Back