• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

giphy.gif

Didn't think there were any "away pubs" near the ground anyway, just beer up near your train station etc.

Is that Harry Winks?

I'm really curious about how many of our fans will go to the pub before the game now- is drinking in the stadium going to be seen as the superior option? Go in early and drink £4 pints.

I certainly will. Although if I keep coming back early, will depend on the pre match atmosphere; whether it feels like a place full of passionate supporters or if It's too...generic, in the sense that It's just a bunch of cool bars that happen to be located in a football stadium. I value atmosphere and a certain authenticity the most when I get my pre match drinks.

I certainly will. Although if I keep coming back early, will depend on the pre match atmosphere; whether it feels like a place full of passionate supporters or if It's too...generic, in the sense that It's just a bunch of cool bars that happen to be located in a football stadium. I value atmosphere and a certain authenticity the most when I get my pre match drinks.
Think people should group up more and make it a real pilgrimage each match day inside the new ground. Especially as you're not confined to the one stand. Take the rush out of getting there and getting away.

Setup nicely for a GG regular game meet up.

I'm really curious about how many of our fans will go to the pub before the game now- is drinking in the stadium going to be seen as the superior option? Go in early and drink £4 pints.

I think the speed of service will be part of the decision making but I must say it is a smart move by the club. Personally I used to enjoy halving the walk to / from WHL from 7 sisters but I’m not sure I’ll be able to time my arrival to the last second as previously and if the queues are anything like Wembley that will also be an incentive to get in early. Also could be a cracking atmosphere if they are showing games after.

Think people should group up more and make it a real pilgrimage each match day inside the new ground. Especially as you're not confined to the one stand.

Good shout. Just give a knowing nod to anyone dressed as a beaver, eating custard or holding Goldblums autobiography!

That reminds me, what happened to the GG kit that got mocked up? Did it ever get made / bought?

if the queues are anything like Wembley that will also be an incentive to get in early.
I assume the queues wil be ridonculous for the first few weeks, 62,000 clueless punters trying to swipe tickets and get through the barriers and metal detectors and have their bags confiscated and get groped by a sexagenarian steward. I reckon loads of people will miss the first 20 minutes of the first game.

I assume the queues wil be ridonculous for the first few weeks, 62,000 clueless punters trying to swipe tickets and get through the barriers and metal detectors and have their bags confiscated and get groped by a sexagenarian steward. I reckon loads of people will miss the first 20 minutes of the first game.
I'm not so sure. I think folks will try and get in early for the cheap(er) beer. In fact, that is Levy's plan. Get them in early and keep them in there, eating and drinking and watching the next match (if there is one).

Think people should group up more and make it a real pilgrimage each match day inside the new ground. Especially as you're not confined to the one stand. Take the rush out of getting there and getting away.

Would bloody love to have a beer with fellow GG friends. Now whether other GGs feelings are mutual is another thing. Can only really do prematch rather than half time drinks, for obvious reasons.

Yes, they spent almost nothing on it themselves, but now they have no stadium of their own, everyone hates it (and the board) and they aren't really making that much more money as the tickets have to be given away. I'm surprised she forgot to mention how successful the move was.

Perhaps she's judging it like the type of scheme they come up with on The Apprentice. Ill-conceived, lots of bitching, etc. Besides, the West Ham fans can't stop talking about their stadium so its a ratings success.

Back