• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Hasn't been up to his (very high) early season form recently. Have to wonder if there's some issue causing that, or just form.

Will miss him when now out for quite a while, but not as much as we would have when he was so good earlier on. Perhaps the break will do him good?

It’s a shocking tackle, he’s showing studs over a foot off the floor.

It’s the same as Romero last week, if your studs make contact with the oppositions leg, near the knee, you have to go, that’s dangerous play.
And it's directed at a turning knee, the oppo player was fortunate thankfully.

It’s a shocking tackle, he’s showing studs over a foot off the floor.

It’s the same as Romero last week, if your studs make contact with the oppositions leg, near the knee, you have to go, that’s dangerous play.
It's not the same as Romero last week. Romeros contact was on the foot so not a red. This was high on the shin with studs and therefore a red.

The oppo player though was doing quite similar levels of aggression and lack of control but randomly… he got away with it
The video of him and another player kicking Sonny on the ground to get the ball says a lot
It’s exactly what they did last season too
Yates even won a free quick rolling through on Skipp
It was bizarre how he literally got away with everything

It's not the same principle. A normal tackle low down is going to catch a player on the foot. Tackles shouldn't be studs into the shin of a player.

Studs shouldn’t go into the other player at all, but if they do, and it’s above the foot, it should be a straight red.

My point was, both Romero and Bissouma made dangerous contact and were rightly sent off, that’s where the principle is the same.

Studs shouldn’t go into the other player at all, but if they do, and it’s above the foot, it should be a straight red.

My point was, both Romero and Bissouma made dangerous contact and were rightly sent off, that’s where the principle is the same.
Except Romero wasn't sent off as the principle is not the same.

Considering what Yates got away with during the match, I can understand if some people would apply the word "karma" had he been seriously injured.*

*Disclaimer: This is not to be interpreted as me wishing Yates was injured. I do not wish serious injury on anyone.

Reactions: jrh
I'm sorry, but it just isn't "a poor tackle". It's not even a tackle. It's two players going for a bouncing ball, and one arriving 1/10 of a second late. But there is no power, it's a bent, dangling leg, not going studs first. He goes with the inside of the boot, and just hits the opponent slightly.
It's the typical 'slow mo' red. Looks a lot worse in slow mo and freeze frame without context, but in normal speed, there's not much in it.
It's an extremely harsh red card, and pretty much every pundit and panel I've seen, have been of the same opinion, among several, Laurent Blanc and Leboef who know a thing or two about football and defending.
Very much agree with this. Red card? Never. Another VAR gone wrong in the league of VARong decisions.

Very much agree with this. Red card? Never. Another VAR gone wrong in the league of VARong decisions.
It's above the shinpad on the side of the knee. Bissouma's boot bends back as his studs hit his opponent.

1b132954-d68a-40d8-a5e6-b1a7c1f2ab10.jpg

It's above the shinpad on the side of the knee. Bissouma's boot bends back as his studs hit his opponent.

1b132954-d68a-40d8-a5e6-b1a7c1f2ab10.jpg

For the posters trying to defend the challenge, I don't even know where to begin.......To suggest it's a mistake / bad intervention from VAR, like what the actual fudge haha. If that were to be acceptable in football it'd be entering some blood bowl / MMA level of brutality.

I don't think Biss was out to hurt him as it happened so quickly but intent isn't what matters, it was reckless and clumsy, much like the touch that came before. It's the classic trying to hard to rectify an error but just ending up compounding the mistake with a bigger one.

No doubt some may say it looks worse slower or as a screenshot, well it also looked atrocious in real time too, because it was.

Did Ange make any comments about Yyves in the presser or just generally about discipline? Didn't see anything quoted on the beeb summery of the game.

Has this been posted lol? Apparently it wasn't technically a foul as the ref played advantage etc.

1000026771.jpg

I saw it as a misjudgement...he thought the ball was going high and attempted to block it with studs facing downwards. Both players going fast straight on makes it hard for any last minute reactions. But it was wrong, studs up is very dangerous and hopefully he will learn.

For the posters trying to defend the challenge, I don't even know where to begin.......To suggest it's a mistake / bad intervention from VAR, like what the actual fudge haha. If that were to be acceptable in football it'd be entering some blood bowl / MMA level of brutality.

I don't think Biss was out to hurt him as it happened so quickly but intent isn't what matters, it was reckless and clumsy, much like the touch that came before. It's the classic trying to hard to rectify an error but just ending up compounding the mistake with a bigger one.

No doubt some may say it looks worse slower or as a screenshot, well it also looked atrocious in real time too, because it was.

Did Ange make any comments about Yyves in the presser or just generally about discipline? Didn't see anything quoted on the beeb summery of the game.
It's hilarious, can you imagine if a Forest player had done that challenge on Bissouma? Of course the same posters claiming it to barely be a foul would be saying the same thing then wouldn't they:D....

Back