• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

He is still young enough to learn from today
He has a lot of credit left in the bank for me

For sure. He’s been one of our best players. It’s a given he will accumulate yellow cards due to the nature of his position, it’s just disappointing that at least 3 of his yellows this season were completely avoidable; the one against Arsenal was for dissent, and the two today were really poor.

I don’t think there’s any danger of the crowd turning, or anything like that is there? He’s a massive fan favourite, rightly, and it was just one fudge up.

you’ve got to call it how it is though otherwise you turn in to the Pool fan base and that would be sickening.

I don’t think there’s any danger of the crowd turning, or anything like that is there? He’s a massive fan favourite, rightly, and it was just one fudge up.

you’ve got to call it how it is though otherwise you turn in to the Pool fan base and that would be sickening.

I don’t think so. Rodri picked up a stupid red card a few weeks ago for Emirates Marketing Project. It happens. But he needs to cut down on the silly yellow cards, I said previously his booking against Arsenal was for dissent, that’s a good example and quite an easy win in terms of cutting down.

There is a line, call it out, absolutely, it was silly

Let it define what is likely to be a 400 game + career

Im not forgiving him an easy out but there is also a bigger context to this all, if we score the early goals we are not pushing and getting frustrated at how the games unfolded, its not like he went out with the intention from the opening gambit to be sent off.

Some reactions to it are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay OTT IMO

There is a line, call it out, absolutely, it was silly

Let it define what is likely to be a 400 game + career

Im not forgiving him an easy out but there is also a bigger context to this all, if we score the early goals we are not pushing and getting frustrated at how the games unfolded, its not like he went out with the intention from the opening gambit to be sent off.

Some reactions to it are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay OTT IMO

Have you seen any ott reactions on here? I don't think there's any poster jumping at the chance to lay in to him, especially as we won the game despite the happenings.

Interesting things said on this one, he does absolutely have credit in the bank I think we'd all agree but him being called young as if it's an excuse when he's 27!? It's like Lingard being considered a young talent up until his early thirties...

You said he didn't let the team down but called it a braindead move, if you needlessly get yourself sent off win a game you should be comfortably winning at half time how could that not be letting your team down? Choosing to go down under no contact isn't braindead, it's a calculated move, however doing it in the circumstances of today is just stupidity so when you add that to the poor attempt at cheating it's not good, there's not really a way to positively frame it (other than appreciating that the team still came away with the points of course).

People are just recognizing what's happened, not seen any death threats or ludicrous takes other than the suggested 3 months fine. Yyves' actions in the first and second booking didn't help our collective goal as a team, he's still a class player and huge part of what we want to do.

Have you seen any ott reactions on here? I don't think there's any poster jumping at the chance to lay in to him, especially as we won the game despite the happenings.

Interesting things said on this one, he does absolutely have credit in the bank I think we'd all agree but him being called young as if it's an excuse when he's 27!? It's like Lingard being considered a young talent up until his early thirties...

You said he didn't let the team down but called it a braindead move, if you needlessly get yourself sent off win a game you should be comfortably winning at half time how could that not be letting your team down? Choosing to go down under no contact isn't braindead, it's a calculated move, however doing it in the circumstances of today is just stupidity so when you add that to the poor attempt at cheating it's not good, there's not really a way to positively frame it (other than appreciating that the team still came away with the points of course).

People are just recognizing what's happened, not seen any death threats or ludicrous takes other than the suggested 3 months fine. Yyves' actions in the first and second booking didn't help our collective goal as a team, he's still a class player and huge part of what we want to do.

Mate if I need to mention that there is life outside this forum I will in future, I am talking about the wider Spurs universe, I actually said that earlier somewhere. Seeing reactions to it including "needs time on the bench" "lets the club down" for me thats an OTT reaction to a mistake.

On your second point I have not called him young? I said and I stand by it, players will make mistakes, they all do, its actually part of a wider stance I have taken on alot of topics recently, like I said in a 400+ game career I will forgive him a mistake and not allow it to define his career whilst saying it was stupid.

His punishment comes from missing a future game so faces the consequence of his actions

Mate if I need to mention that there is life outside this forum I will in future, I am talking about the wider Spurs universe, I actually said that earlier somewhere. Seeing reactions to it including "needs time on the bench" "lets the club down" for me thats an OTT reaction to a mistake.

On your second point I have not called him young? I said and I stand by it, players will make mistakes, they all do, its actually part of a wider stance I have taken on alot of topics recently, like I said in a 400+ game career I will forgive him a mistake and not allow it to define his career whilst saying it was stupid.

His punishment comes from missing a future game so faces the consequence of his actions

It's just if you're railing against unspecified OTT reactions then it's hard to tell if what you're saying is meaningful, you'll always find some crazy person that you can disagree with on the internet somewhere if it feels good to do so.

I haven't said you've called him young, quite clearly I said "interesting things said on this one" meaning what has been posted on this thread in the aftermath. You'll see the young comment a few posts up.

Again on the letting your team down, how is that not what he has done today? Sure everyone can make a mistake but to make one that could have lost us the game and also gets him an extra suspension on top of the one he'll get from the next yellow.

It's not a "mistake". If Vicario just randomly punted the ball in to our net from a goal kick it's not a mistake, it's doing the wrong thing intentionally, which is what Biss did today, he chose to dive, you don't do that accidentally and he chose to take a man down for the 1st yellow, again a choice. It's however, more understandable making a tactical foul or mistiming a challenge than the way he got sent off.

No one (sane and credible at least) is saying we should be abusing or punishing Yyve severely for it, he'll know and the coaching team will address it and move on but criticizing fans for discussing it is an odd one.

It's just if you're railing against unspecified OTT reactions then it's hard to tell if what you're saying is meaningful, you'll always find some crazy person that you can disagree with on the internet somewhere if it feels good to do so.

I haven't said you've called him young, quite clearly I said "interesting things said on this one" meaning what has been posted on this thread in the aftermath. You'll see the young comment a few posts up.

Again on the letting your team down, how is that not what he has done today? Sure everyone can make a mistake but to make one that could have lost us the game and also gets him an extra suspension on top of the one he'll get from the next yellow.

It's not a "mistake". If Vicario just randomly punted the ball in to our net from a goal kick it's not a mistake, it's doing the wrong thing intentionally, which is what Biss did today, he chose to dive, you don't do that accidentally and he chose to take a man down for the 1st yellow, again a choice. It's however, more understandable making a tactical foul or mistiming a challenge than the way he got sent off.

No one (sane and credible at least) is saying we should be abusing or punishing Yyve severely for it, he'll know and the coaching team will address it and move on but criticizing fans for discussing it is an odd one.

I don't findnut meaningful to find, you stumble over comments and call them out for what they are. It's not like football fans in general don't have history of going over the top with reactions, we only have to sign a player for cheaper than someone would like and they get called crapmout the gate, so I'm really not searching for anything.

TBF my original point was IMO fairly balanced in the fact I said its a fine line between calling it out (I did also) and hammering someone which I had seen, there are plenty of other examples of it.

I don't think that's such a wild thing to say TBH.

Anyway we won, it's Saturday and I'm treating myself to a lovely takes way....peace

I don't know who Craig is but he's a fudging idiot!

It’ll be fudging clowns like Craig who will throw their toys out of the pram when we’ve a few bad results. I was fearful of today and the reaction we’d get if we didn’t win. Thankfully we did but we’ll have ropey results somewhere.

I only saw the last 20 so didn’t see Bissoumas two yellows. But I haven’t seen one fan say he didn’t deserve what he got and if he dived, I’ve no sympathy. But there shouldn’t even have to be a mention of credit in the bank. The lad has been immense for us so far, today notwithstanding.

It’ll be fudging clowns like Craig who will throw their toys out of the pram when we’ve a few bad results. I was fearful of today and the reaction we’d get if we didn’t win. Thankfully we did but we’ll have ropey results somewhere.

I only saw the last 20 so didn’t see Bissoumas two yellows. But I haven’t seen one fan say he didn’t deserve what he got and if he dived, I’ve no sympathy. But there shouldn’t even have to be a mention of credit in the bank. The lad has been immense for us so far, today notwithstanding.
Agree. And it's mostly not even about credit in the bank, do we want our best and most influential players playing in every game? Yes!
Ange said and I paraphrase, Biss is human and he made a mistake I'm not going to throw him under the bus. And that's it, the end.

Didn't realise he was 27.
Absolutely no excuse for what he did, been excellent this season and I understand the first yellow. What he did for the second yellow was pathetic and never want to see it again from a Spurs player.
It was horrible because it’s cheating
Everything in the game needs to be done to stop cheating and I’m fine with the ref today who I thought was very good
Bissouma knows he fudged up
And when he is suspended vs chelsea we will see the big hole there

I don't findnut meaningful to find, you stumble over comments and call them out for what they are. It's not like football fans in general don't have history of going over the top with reactions, we only have to sign a player for cheaper than someone would like and they get called crapmout the gate, so I'm really not searching for anything.

TBF my original point was IMO fairly balanced in the fact I said its a fine line between calling it out (I did also) and hammering someone which I had seen, there are plenty of other examples of it.

I don't think that's such a wild thing to say TBH.

Anyway we won, it's Saturday and I'm treating myself to a lovely takes way....peace

Calling out specific comments is fair enough but even then it's not worth getting worked up as it's either an ill informed take or one specifically designed to get you heated up. Noone sensible has suggested Biss should be hung drawn and quartered but what happened today was clear to see and was also indefensible.

Unless you enjoy it, moaning about fans moaning just isn't worth the time. There's one poster who I don't interact with on here who seemingly just seems to live for telling everyone how stupid fans are whilst being one himself, each to their own but it's tiresome to never have any original thoughts but just moan at others for sharing theirs.

As you state though we won today and move on from it, as I've said already, discussions will hopefully be had internally, at the same time people not directly involved in the club who are also entitled to their their opinions will do the same. Realistically Luton were lacking quality so we got through it but it could have been costly and we will have to do without one of our best CMs in the next game and another one after the next yellow.

Enjoy the takeaway!

Back