• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your top 10 songs from the past 20 years.

Hard, but off the top of my head:

Ghetto Gospel - Tupac
Rock And Roll Train - AC/DC
Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Chan Chan - Buena Vista Social Club
Ja Sei Namorar - Tribalistas
Spaceman - Killers
All Star - Smash Mouth
Straight Up And Down - The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Jaaam (The Fresh Prince Remix) - Pogo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4NCnH7RPZY&feature=plcp)

Probably not overly well-thought out, but hey, they're the first ones that sprang to mind. Could probably pick a better 'top 10 from the 1930's - 1950's', though. :)

If you can pick ten, you don't listen to enough music.. Way too hard.

Whilst I agree with you in principle (I'm already looking at my list thinking..Hmm I think I prefer 'xxx' than that song actually), it's just a bit of fun at the end of the day and if nothing else, I'm seeing songs on other peoples lists thinking I'll have to check that out because I don't know it.

So in a weird way, people doing this list is enabling me to listen to more music! ;)

I did also say it was subject to change. In fact, I'm going to make some changes now!

Portishead - Roads
Massive Attack - Protection
Mad Season - River of Deceit
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
Machine Head - Davidian
High on Fire - Rumours of War
Clutch - Electric Worry
Lamb - Gorecki
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Lisa Gerrard - Sanvean

I can get 5, then narrowing down that last half is the tough part. Going to take a day to plan out my list.

Was thinking Harvest Moon by Neil Young but that was '92

Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
Hey Boy Hey Girl - Chemical Brothers
Superstylin - Groove Armada
Wonderwall - Oasis
Da Funk - Daft Punk
Encore (Alive) - Daft Punk
Smack my Bitch up - The Prodigy
Call on Me - Eric Prydz
Hundred Mile High City - Ocean Colour Scene
Sexy Boy - Air

Too hard to do and I will probably change it....

1. I Wanna Be Adored
2. She Bangs The Drums
3. Waterfall
4. Don't Stop
5. Bye Bye Bad Man
6. I Am The Resurrection
7. (Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister
8. Made Of Stone
9. Shoot You Down
10. This Is The One

\o/ Not influenced at all by my Saturday evening in Finsbury Park.

Suede Stay together
Eminem My name is
Pulp Babies
Electronic Getting away with it
Blur Song 2
Killers Mr Brightside
Strokes Last Night
Oasis Live Forever
Morrissey You have killed me
The La's There she goes

Surely 'for you' was the best offering from electronic?

'Getting away with it' had good memories associated to it... that's why it is one of my faves. My list isn't totally built on quality of the song, but as touchpoints in my life over the last 20 years.... meeting the wife, having kids, seeing a great gig...

I love Electronic full stop, and still have both albums in the CD stack in the car.. a combination of some of my favourite bands/musicians... filed just next to Monaco, who I also love... and should perhaps have made my top 10 come to think of it....

A 'top' list doesn't have to be musically the best, or even favourite.... for a lot of people it could be tracks that have associated memories, a significant time of their life, a relationship, a place, or part of a great event. I might try to list mine when I have more time, but it will read more like a soundtrack to the last 20 years of my life.

Back