• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

( . Y . ) Tottenham v Chelsea | OMT ( . Y . )

I think the same, I don't think we could necessarily go out and get a better keeper and in most games, it's not an issue. But he seems to get nervous or something in these games against the top teams. I do criticise his distribution, I think he makes bad decisions when it comes to that (the throw to Wanyama a prime example). It is so important to not make these mistakes against the best teams.

Yeah I agree. I definitely believe it's a mental issue more than anything. How Poch solves that I don't know.

His decision making is poor in the big games 100%. Emirates Marketing Project's first goal against us at their place last season sticks in my mind when he hesitated about whether to stick or twist, he then decided to attempt a diving header and fluffed his lines leaving an empty net for Sane to score.

Seem to recall a similar blunder against Chelsea in the semi final last season but it didn't cost us a goal on that occasion.

if we can beat the rest it puts us in contention (with a good chance) of top 4 at the least. In a year of transition in the grand scheme of things, that would represent success in my eyes.

However in terms of keeping this side together it will be difficult. They want to win things but also ultimately want to get paid

Agree fully. I would be happy with a top 4 finish and/or a trophy, even the league cup.

The players on the other hand however probably won't accept that as good enough.

if we can beat the rest it puts us in contention (with a good chance) of top 4 at the least. In a year of transition in the grand scheme of things, that would represent success in my eyes.

However in terms of keeping this side together it will be difficult. They want to win things but also ultimately want to get paid

So they to get of thier collective arsses and win things!
Yesterday could have been a good start?

Still ticking...........deep breaths:oops:

I am generally very positive about Spurs and the club, 99.9% of the time but I do feel there is a problem with Lloris. I suppose results have masked it but I have always senses that nervous energy he seems to have, someone touched on it earlier, big games or the business end of season and he seems to melt down slightly. Which is a shame because the majority of the time he is mustard.

Everyone makes mistakes, Wanyama was arguably the biggest culprit but Lloris is starting to get a track record.

Well it's good to see we've got this year's escaped goat lined up nice and early.
Unbelievable.

No one is scape/escapegoating him. But he has a recent history of making high profile blunders against the top sides,yesterday was another prime example. I fail to see how being critical of a player equates to spacegoating them. Plenty are being critical of Wanyama too for example for his part in Chelsea's winner.

I am generally very positive about Spurs and the club, 99.9% of the time but I do feel there is a problem with Lloris. I suppose results have masked it but I have always senses that nervous energy he seems to have, someone touched on it earlier, big games or the business end of season and he seems to melt down slightly. Which is a shame because the majority of the time he is mustard.

Everyone makes mistakes, Wanyama was arguably the biggest culprit but Lloris is starting to get a track record.
What mistakes from previous seasons stand out for you?

A draw would have probably been the more fair result, but mistakes cost games. And we didn't exactly batter them. They were very well set up defensively and gave us low percentage shots. Don't let the amount of shots fool you.

As for the Wembley hoodoo, this game was not part of it. If we fail to beat the Burnleys and the Watfords, then we can start talking about it.

In any case, still early days. Long season ahead and I, for one, am optimistic.

I think part of the statistics is fooling us. A lot of shots are taken from outside the area, yet they will be compared with shots in the area. There should be a separate category for 'dangerous shot' or 'shot outside the area'. Who would set the rules for which is why is open to debate. But it's like if we have ten half chances, including shots from outside the area, and the opponents have three one-on-one chances then of course it is likely that the opponents can score more/equal with less shots.

That can alter perception of our Wembley games. We seemed to have a lot of shots from outside the area yesterday. So smaller percentage to score.

Oh and as for our corners. I read an interesting statistic earlier. Only 12% of corners lead to a shot on goal. Only 2% are scored. So maybe not so surprising that our corners were mostly crap yesterday.

Kicking the ball straight to Aguero against City a few seasons back (Aguerro then shot, Navas knocked in the rebound), I think it was in the first minute of the game. 1-0 down almost straight away (we ended up losing 6-0).

I can't really think of major errors against lesser teams, always seems to happen against good sides. I get that every keeper makes mistakes at some point, Hugo's always seem to happen against the teams where we could do with him being faultless.

Kicking the ball straight to Aguero against City a few seasons back (Aguerro then shot, Navas knocked in the rebound), I think it was in the first minute of the game. 1-0 down almost straight away (we ended up losing 6-0).

I can't really think of major errors against lesser teams, always seems to happen against good sides. I get that every keeper makes mistakes at some point, Hugo's always seem to happen against the teams where we could do with him being faultless.

This is game you are referring to, 46 seconds in. I was at that game. I remember my mate standing next to me actually said "so far so good" as soon as we kicked off, little did we know we would already be losing 12 seconds later.

I think part of the statistics is fooling us. A lot of shots are taken from outside the area, yet they will be compared with shots in the area. There should be a separate category for 'dangerous shot' or 'shot outside the area'. Who would set the rules for which is why is open to debate. But it's like if we have ten half chances, including shots from outside the area, and the opponents have three one-on-one chances then of course it is likely that the opponents can score more/equal with less shots.

That can alter perception of our Wembley games. We seemed to have a lot of shots from outside the area yesterday. So smaller percentage to score.

Oh and as for our corners. I read an interesting statistic earlier. Only 12% of corners lead to a shot on goal. Only 2% are scored. So maybe not so surprising that our corners were mostly crap yesterday.

Don't know how aware you are of it but xG (expected goals) has been getting a lot of traction recently, in regards to how much better it represents a match than just 'Shots on Target' and 'Possession'. That might be what you're talking about. I think I remember seeing the xG for the game yesterday in this thread, can't quite recall it.

Hopefully this video works, as it does a good job of explaining it.

Back