• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

( . Y . ) Tottenham v Chelsea | OMT ( . Y . )

Feel sorry for the players, management and fans

What a sh!t way to lose.....again

This Wembley thing is doing my head in. It's not like we play that bad. The opposition seem to score everytime from the very few shots they have on target.

So tucking annoying

The difference for me is that in the Euro games at Wembley, we looked pony.
Today, we were nowhere net our best, although have played much better, and were undone by a pon point free kick and a ballsup between Hugo and Vic.
I hate those slags and can't wait for that Elton John syrup wearing tight arsed suit weasel to get the sack.

The difference for me is that in the Euro games at Wembley, we looked pony.
Today, we were nowhere net our best, although have played much better, and were undone by a pon point free kick and a ballsup between Hugo and Vic.
I hate those slags and can't wait for that Elton John syrup wearing tight arsed suit weasel to get the sack.
I think it was only two CL games we looked poor in (think the first two) The game we won and the Europa league game we drew but had ten men for most of it we played quite well....

I can't see how our home form improves. Even when we move to the new White Hart Lane, we are forced to keep the pitch the same size. And that clearly doesn't work for us.

I can't see how our home form improves. Even when we move to the new White Hart Lane, we are forced to keep the pitch the same size. And that clearly doesn't work for us.

Is that a serious comment? Wembley is 5 yards longer and 1 yard wider. If our players are only good on the slightly smaller pitch then they may as well retire now given they wont see that size pitch much again.

The only issue this season is that, apart from the crowd, Wembley will, to a certain extent, feel like a neutral venue.

Is that a serious comment? Wembley is 5 yards longer and 1 yard wider. If our players are only good on the slightly smaller pitch then they may as well retire now given they wont see that size pitch much again.

The only issue this season is that, apart from the crowd, Wembley will, to a certain extent, feel like a neutral venue.

Not really serious, just a frustrated rant. I had three hours sleep last night, will have been on the train for over 8 hours combined journeys, and seen us fluff our lines once again. If anyone can have that day & not be frustrated then they are a better man than me.

He stood where every keeper would. The wall is there to deal with the near post but it is impossible to do that with a ball that goes over the wall and then dips like that. It was a really good free kick, it happens.

The second goal was 100% Hugo's fault. He initiated the play, which was a mistake - and then failed to deal with a shot at his near post, which was a *terrible* mistake. But he can't be blamed for the first. You set your wall up the best you can, and take the far post if you're unsure where the opponent will put it. The wall is supposed to be insurance against it sneaking in at the near post.

But when they're as sweetly struck as that, there isn't anything you can do, really. It happens - and it happened to me an awful lot at amateur levels. :p

Overall, though, I will add that their full-backs were miles above ours this game. Both Alonso and Moses. Understandable in terms of Davies, because he isn't first choice, Rose is. But if we're relying on Trippier to make up for the loss of Walker, we'll have to eat the fact that he won't be very good in high-intensity games against the top sides in the league. He'll be fine against everyone outside the top six - but we can't expect Walker-esque levels of domination when playing Chelsea, City, United et al.

But then, we knew that heading into this season.

Not really serious, just a frustrated rant. I had three hours sleep last night, will have been on the train for over 8 hours combined journeys, and seen us fluff our lines once again. If anyone can have that day & not be frustrated then they are a better man than me.

Fair enough and I get the frusration at the result. The performance was ok (or better) I thought and based on what I've seen so far this season, we look well placed for a top 4 finish again. In terms of developing as a team, irrespective of league position achieved, I do think we need more depth and someone to unlock tight defences whether through pace or genuine skill - both of those things will hope we can change the direction of games such as today when, despite dominating, are struggling to score. Janssen and Sissoko arent really options off the bench - bringing them on is hoping for something to change, rather than expecting it to. We generally start the season slow - main thing is that we bring a couple decent players in in the remainder of the window

A draw probably would have been a fair result, with us dictating most of the play. But we didn't defend well. Similar to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, chelsea sat back and when they broke we didn't have a good defensive shape. Although it wasn't a break when Morata had a free header in the first 5.

Its not the pitch, the team looked nervous in the new stadium. They were ultra pumped but lacked a bit of composure and focus. High intensity sure, but play football and keep it tight. We were good, really impressive in some phases with our passing, but 2 mistakes and 2 goals conceded was the story of our loss.

After thoughts:

1) against Saudi Sportswashing Machine we didn't work the ball into the wide areas, instead we fired in crosses. Same today and everything was dealt with. Even with Rose and Walkers pace, we don't often play one-twos into that space down the flanks - to get into a position to cut the ball back. We are impressive threading balls through the middle, but we also need to stretch opposition defences especially when they pack the middle of the pitch.

2) Alonso might be in jail now were he not loaded. A sad reality that justice depends on your bank balance.

3) Need to get our defence tight at Wembely, and build from it.

4) First away-home game of the season, against the former champions, and we were the better side. We should feel quietly positive.

Last edited:
Just watching these highlights; more of the same this weekend please. Subtract the three goals conceded though.

I do miss Bentaleb and Fazio was pretty decent at times. Chadli too, just lacked the mentality.

Where: Home (away from home)
When: Sunday, 4pm
Score: 5-0

Can we have no more sh!t OMT's please from wannabee heroes.

People need to accept that the next two seasons are going to be a bit of a write off. Wembley no matter what u say will be hard to play in. Teams coming there will enjoy it while we are stuck with some sort of complex.

Then we move it to new stadium and that takes time to get used to.

If we finish top 4 I'll be delighted.

Feel sorry for the players, management and fans

What a sh!t way to lose.....again

This Wembley thing is doing my head in. It's not like we play that bad. The opposition seem to score everytime from the very few shots they have on target.

So tucking annoying
@Bedfordspurs will be delighted someone else has noticed. :cool:

But yeah, strange how many worldies or freaks we keep conceding at Wembley.

He stood where every keeper would. The wall is there to deal with the near post but Alonso got the kick spot on, the dip was perfect.
I get what your saying but we've seen this more than once from Lloris recently. Cannot remember the game(s) but it's beginning to tinkle me off because to my mind the position he takes up seems that bit further over from his near post than he can afford. He is certainly not as tall as the likes of Courtois or De Gea so his body-span at full stretch is bound to be that much less. I'm even beginning to wonder whether this tendency of his has been clocked by other clubs who are now planning their edge-of-the-box free kick strategies around it.

Then again maybe I am being a tad hyper-critical. It was after all a brilliantly-executed fk and afair the issue went unnoticed by both match commentators and the studio analysts.

The second goal was 100% Hugo's fault. He initiated the play, which was a mistake - and then failed to deal with a shot at his near post, which was a *terrible* mistake. But he can't be blamed for the first. You set your wall up the best you can, and take the far post if you're unsure where the opponent will put it. The wall is supposed to be insurance against it sneaking in at the near post.

But when they're as sweetly struck as that, there isn't anything you can do, really. It happens - and it happened to me an awful lot at amateur levels. :p

Overall, though, I will add that their full-backs were miles above ours this game. Both Alonso and Moses. Understandable in terms of Davies, because he isn't first choice, Rose is. But if we're relying on Trippier to make up for the loss of Walker, we'll have to eat the fact that he won't be very good in high-intensity games against the top sides in the league. He'll be fine against everyone outside the top six - but we can't expect Walker-esque levels of domination when playing Chelsea, City, United et al.

But then, we knew that heading into this season.
I'd give it 100% to Hugo if he threw it to himself and then lost possession and then ran out to put more pressure on Alonso and THEN didn't save the shot.

Back