• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you take, say, Quatari cash injection to allow transfer competition?

No, winning because you are the best and you did it through your own efforts is all that matters.

Its like asking if you want a satisfying, loving relationship - or want to pay prostitutes. You get sex either way, but one fills your soul with love and pride and the other leaves you loveless and ashamed.

No, winning because you are the best and you did it through your own efforts is all that matters.

Its like asking if you want a satisfying, loving relationship - or want to pay prostitutes. You get sex either way, but one fills your soul with love and pride and the other leaves you loveless and ashamed.

My first marriage summed up right there.

I agree with the point though, would rather do it the natural way and i will go one further i want us to do it by bringing through youth players rather then by player trading.

Oi!! That girl in Amsterdam said she really felt something fo me!!

The original question is a difficult one for me...

Mostly because i have absolutely 0 idea what the naming/advertising rights to a stadium should actually be worth...

I have been supporting my club for 50 years and i do not regret it, however i NEVER want to see us owned by bored billionaires, if that was to happen i think i would pack it all in.

It's a moot point anyway, since no club will be able to do what Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project have done now that FFP rules have kicked in.

However, if a massively rich benefactor:

a) bought the club
b) cleared the debt incurred on the new training ground and stadium preparation
c) paid for the new stadium
d) paid for local transport improvements
e) paid for further property developments that could contribute yet more to the club's income
f) secured a massive stadium and shirt sponsorship deal through their own contacts

.....then I would welcome such a new owner with open arms.

In this day and age, it's impossible to not buy success in football. We need money if we want success.

In this day and age, it's impossible to not buy success in football. We need money if we want success.

Depends what you mean by success, and what you mean by "buying" it. We have had a successful 3 years without spending beyond our means.

Yeah. Bloody wives. Why do they do that to us?

Depends what you mean by success, and what you mean by "buying" it. We have had a successful 3 years without spending beyond our means.

but only just, now we are reaching the point where our best players no longer want to stay and the lack of available talent out there at prices we can afford means that we will not be able to sustain the current 'success'.

rising salaries, dwindling pool of top talent, means that only the clubs with big money will progress and compete in the future.

I don't see what the pride is in earning our own money if we do so by charging extortionate tickets prices and caving in to commercial and broadcasting interests all the time (like agreeing to play UEFA cup matches in the afternoon). There is nothing noble about earning money that way.

Whilst I wouldn't particularly welcome a rich benefactor because I don't like the idea of the club being a rich man's plaything (with the risk that the plug could be pulled at any time), a new stadium and lower tickets prices would be tempting.

What I don't get is Joe Lewis is a property magnate. Why doesn't he fund the stadium and we pay him hack over 20 years? He'll then own the asset along with the club. We can then compete on wages and transfer funds. With a 60,000 seat stadium we'd have a ?ú250 million turnover. More than enough to compete.

Well you know what they say, the best way to become a millionaire in football is to start as a billionaire

True. But a stadium is property. It's a asset that can earn income. Not tinkled away paying jumped up little tacos to buy bling bling and flash cars.

I'm for foreign ownership coming in and funding a stadium... Not Giving us cash for transfers and wages.

Let the stadiums and top competition can pay for that along with the sponsorship that would come from it.

We would comfortabl be in a position to pay much higher wages and transfer fees whilst still complying with FFP and be self sustainable.

But that's all if, but and maybe

Cash injection by a billionaire is the only way anyone else (other than Emirates Marketing Project, utd and Chelsea) is going to win the league now.

Us and Arsenal have a (very) small chance, but anyone lower than us has no chance. If Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project already have the money being pumped in, Man Utd have money (although to be fair it wasnt done by some billionaire turning the club around) then we need a billionaire to take over. Whereas previously it might have felt hollow, now it just puts us on a level playing field.

I would fall out of love with the club if this happened. I'm sure that I would check the score of Spurs matches but there wouldn't be the same connection.

Chelsea and City have skipped the queue because their daddy is rich. There is no glory in anything they have achieved. The prrem leauge is fast becoming a tinkling contest for oil billionaires.

Cash injection by a billionaire is the only way anyone else (other than Emirates Marketing Project, utd and Chelsea) is going to win the league now.

Us and Arsenal have a (very) small chance, but anyone lower than us has no chance. If Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project already have the money being pumped in, Man Utd have money (although to be fair it wasnt done by some billionaire turning the club around) then we need a billionaire to take over. Whereas previously it might have felt hollow, now it just puts us on a level playing field.

Joe Lewis is a billionaire. If you mean an interested billionaire, then possibly, although I'd still disagree. Funding our stadium, securing massive sponsorship deals through their own companies, etcetera, etcetera, is just pumping money in through the back door.

The vast majority of us criticize City (the club, not the fans) for their soul-destroying splurges of wealth, and are quick to declare their trophies meaningless.

Yet if the same happened to us, we'd be dancing in the streets? Come on, gentlemen. Hypocritical at best.

Back