• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you fly on a Boeing 737 Max?

Congress knows nothing about the airline industry. I wouldn't expect their questioning to be any more relevant or any less alarmist than that of the gutter press.

I agree, the problem is, neither do McDonnell Douglas, and that’s why Boeing have had so many problems over the last 20 years.

I agree, the problem is, neither do McDonnell Douglas, and that’s why Boeing have had so many problems over the last 20 years.
They've not had any more than any comparably sized airlines, they're just subject to better scrutiny because they don't have a "beat the Americans at all cost" motto.

They've not had any more than any comparably sized airlines, they're just subject to better scrutiny because they don't have a "beat the Americans at all cost" motto.

Are we talking about airlines or aircraft manufactures.
Which aircraft in the history of aviation, has been grounded for 8+ months, with NO date of resumption.

Are we talking about airlines or aircraft manufactures.
Which aircraft in the history of aviation, has been grounded for 8+ months, with NO date of resumption.
Airliner manufacturer, sorry.

In answer to your question, I'd like to point out that this is the first aircraft to have suffered from public hysteria and uninformed press clamour in this manner.

Let's not forget that if Ethiopian Air trained its staff the way EU and US airlines trained theirs, or if Lion Air carried out maintenance the way EU and US airlines carried out theirs, there would be no grounded 737s at all.

If we're building aircraft to suit the lowest common denominator and the lowest common denominator doesn't maintain their aircraft or train their pilots, we may as well stop building aircraft.

Boeing have had a PR disaster with the whole saga and will probably never get to the level of orders they had previously
I think their best chance of recovering that reputation is to start restricting their sales to real airlines. It'll hit their sales to start with, but should go some way to restoring their reputation.

If an airline fails to train its pilots and they crash another Boeing of any flavour, they could be fudged.

The first of the emails Mr Pierson sent was to Scott Campbell, who was head of the 737 programme, in June 2018 — four months before the first of the two fatal accidents.

Mr Pierson warned Mr Campbell: “Employees are fatigued from having to work at a very high pace for an extended period of time. This obviously causes stress on our employees and their families. Fatigued employees make mistakes.

“My second concern is schedule pressure (combined with fatigue) is creating a culture where employees are either deliberately or unconsciously circumventing established processes.”

And he added: “Right now all my internal warning bells are going off. And for the first time in my life, I’m sorry to say that I’m hesitant about putting my family on a Boeing airplane.”

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The first of the emails Mr Pierson sent was to Scott Campbell, who was head of the 737 programme, in June 2018 — four months before the first of the two fatal accidents.

Mr Pierson warned Mr Campbell: “Employees are fatigued from having to work at a very high pace for an extended period of time. This obviously causes stress on our employees and their families. Fatigued employees make mistakes.

“My second concern is schedule pressure (combined with fatigue) is creating a culture where employees are either deliberately or unconsciously circumventing established processes.”

And he added: “Right now all my internal warning bells are going off. And for the first time in my life, I’m sorry to say that I’m hesitant about putting my family on a Boeing airplane.”

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Staff in wanting to work less hard for the same pay shocker.

Having earned my university tuition money by working for DeHavilland Aircraft in Toronto, I can tell you that the assembly lines were manned by seriously stoned or drunk workers. We built parts for DC-9 and DC-10 commercial aircraft (I was in the fibreglass shop doing wing parts, floor boards and nose and tail cones).

I never wanted to fly in one of those aircraft.

Nowadays, I work alongside a professional colleague who's son is a pilot and has flown the 737 Max. My colleague says his son told him it is a terrifying plane to operate. There are certain procedures to correct problems that require memorizing massive amounts of detail. In the event of an emergency, it simply isn't possible to recall every detail in a timely fashion nor is it possible for someone - a co-pilot - to consult a manual and read out the proper corrective procedure in time to prevent a crash.

Having earned my university tuition money by working for DeHavilland Aircraft in Toronto, I can tell you that the assembly lines were manned by seriously stoned or drunk workers. We built parts for DC-9 and DC-10 commercial aircraft (I was in the fibreglass shop doing wing parts, floor boards and nose and tail cones).

Nowadays, I work alongside a professional colleague who's son is a pilot and has flown the 737 Max. My colleague says his son told him it is a terrifying plane to operate. There are certain procedures to correct problems that require memorizing massive amounts of detail. In the event of an emergency, it simply isn't possible to recall every detail in a timely fashion nor is it possible for someone - a co-pilot - to consult a manual and read out the proper corrective procedure in time to prevent a crash.

It's the stupid fudging staff and pilots fault, give the CEO a raise for allowing such a brilliantly complex machine to be released.

I guess you don't know this because your friend's son is type rated on one particular aircraft, but all large passenger aircraft have long lists of what Boeing call memory items. These are sets of procedures that have to be memorised and are to be followed in any matching circumstance.

That's how passenger aviation works across all manufacturers and all (good) airlines. Note, some airlines are less picky than others about their pilots memorising these memory procedures, as recent events have shown.

Back