• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

You cannot just quote player fees, add and subtract and get to a net figure

you have to factor in wages, agents, image rights and above all, amortisation over contract length

it. Makes. No. Sense. To. Quote. Net. Fee. Spend.

It does make some sense to look at it, as it gives a cursory guide to how much a club is spending. Generally, if a club has a high net spend and they have a high wage bill, then they are spending a lot of money, right?

In terms of affordability, then it doesn't make sense to say "oh, they spent £100m net, they must have to sell" because, as you say, there are other factors.

You cannot just quote player fees, add and subtract and get to a net figure

you have to factor in wages, agents, image rights and above all, amortisation over contract length

it. Makes. No. Sense. To. Quote. Net. Fee. Spend.

rough calculations ;)

generally in the last few years we have broken even on income and expenditure when it comes transfer fees. Thats all im trying to say, that with income from sales plus the tv and Lewis money, we have the ability to spend all that on players coming in

Which is why I think there could be a possible Hulk move.

his wages are too much for us....it looks like we are not scared of paying high transfer fees as long as the new players fit into our salary scale

I stand by my criticism. Feel free to hate stats and still use them, but I really think these stats on their own tell just about nothing about how good Willian is.

It has been said several times earlier in this thread that Willian isn't likely to replace Bale in terms of goals, that Lamela would be much more likely to chip in with a significant amount of goals than Willian. But that Willian would add creativity.

Criticise all you like - knock yourself out.

I know it says nothing, but you also chose to ignore that I did say some people on here love stats so I went ahead and researched.

If someone has no knowledge of a player looking at stats to establish an idea of a player - coupled with youtube clips are used as a guide but not neccessary a conclusion.

Criticise all you like - knock yourself out.

I know it says nothing, but you also chose to ignore that I did say some people on here love stats so I went ahead and researched.

If someone has no knowledge of a player looking at stats to establish an idea of a player - coupled with youtube clips are used as a guide but not neccessary a conclusion.

I chose to ignore it because I didn't feel it warranted a response. What response were you expecting to that statement?

I agree with your last paragraph in general. But that depends on which stats are chosen and what they're compared to.

And carroll does count. Its not just over 21s.

"A Home Grown Player means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been
registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for
a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the
end of the Season during which he turns 21)."

Thanks for that. So Siggy even counts, then.

I think we are working on the non home grown total.

rough calculations ;)

generally in the last few years we have broken even on income and expenditure when it comes transfer fees. Thats all im trying to say, that with income from sales plus the tv and Lewis money, we have the ability to spend all that on players coming in

Yes but that is like saying "I can afford the monthly payments on a gold plated Lamborghini" without factoring in running costs, insurance, tax etc. whilst also forgetting that you want to afford a new £640k house in Surrey next year somehow.

Do you know what his wages are?

All is not plum dandy over at Zenit St. Petersburg at the moment, where two of the club’s senior players have been forced to train with the club’s second string after having the gumption, the bare-faced cheek to raise concerns over the wage disparity between new signings Hulk and Alex Witsel and EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON AT THE CLUB.

Vice-captains Igor Denisov and Alex Kerzhakov sought a meeting with the club’s top brass, concerned that the ridiculously mahoosive £6 million and £3.5 million yearly salaries paid to £61 million pair Hulk and Witsel respectively vastly overshadow the next top earners at the club – and that that may prove to cause a bit of tension between the ‘haves’ and the have-nots ’have-slightly-less-but-still-earn-small-fortunes’ within the Zenit squad.

Denisov is quoted by the PA as saying:

”I’m certainly not against foreign players coming to Zenit, but there must be a balance in the team.

“Yes, the club has bought good players, but do you think they are so much better than us that they should make three times as much?

“Zenit already have great players who have won as many titles as the new guys. I would understand if we got Messi or Iniesta. They would deserve any price.”

Zenit themselves are portraying a slightly different version of events, issuing a statement that it’s greedy guts Denisov (who is though to earn about £2.5 million a year – a relative pittance!) that is refusing to play until he’s handed an even fatter wodge:

“Denisov had refused to play after issuing an ultimatum to renegotiate his contract. He was demanding more money.

“The club feels that Denisov’s demands are groundless as he already is one of the best-paid players in the Russian league.”

Several other players are standing by Denisov and Kerzhakov’s griping, with Vyaceslav Malafeyev, Vladimir Bystrov and Alexander Anyukov all pledging their support for the Zenit Two.

The poor lambs. Having to s****e by on just a couple of million quid a year. How do their families eat?

6 mill pounds annually, 120k a week.....mahoosive indeed

Yes but that is like saying "I can afford the monthly payments on a gold plated Lamborghini" without factoring in running costs, insurance, tax etc. whilst also forgetting that you want to afford a new £640k house in Surrey next year somehow.

No it isn't. It is a starting point and a hub for a discussion.

Most people on this site are not accountants. I doubt if many have even had a £50 note in their sky.

If the total cost of transfers was £100 million this summer it is likely be paid at £25 mill per year for 4 years. But the total cost is still £100 million.

According to @SexyAndre_n17 he has spotted Baldini and a Tottenham official leave hotel with Willians 2 representatives.

IT BEGINS

Don't you think if the rough calculations on net spend are added up across years then they will to some extent approximate the total amortization costs over that period?

Wages are generally calculated separately by fan estimates, as I imagine they are by the club. Most fans do take into account outgoings and our current wages compared to our turnover.

Agent fees frequently get ignored and probably need to be added to any net spend estimate to the tune of £5-10m per season depending on activity.

We are forgetting this is Tottenham we are talking about, we are guaranteed to be disappointed at some point.

Back