• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

Add to this the possible 50m loan by Uncle Joe and its possible this money could bring in 2 of Willian, Lamela and maybe Hulk.

This all without selling Bale this year.

Add too maybe

Ade 8m
Benny 4m
Siggi 9m
Defoe 10m
Lennon 15m

All players that could be gone.

Don't think we will sell Defoe. Or Lennon for that matter.

Add to this the possible 50m loan by Uncle Joe and its possible this money could bring in 2 of Willian, Lamela and maybe Hulk.

Add too maybe

Ade 8m
Benny 4m
Siggi 9m
Defoe 10m
Lennon 15m

I do agree someone would be sold if we bought both Willian and Lamela. We'd have too many players to keep happy.

Lennon would be my best guess. Limited versatility, limited goal threat and he'd want first team football to try and get into the England squad.

Defoe and Ade will only be sold if a replacement is lined up imo.

The dippers must be furious...

I've taken a quick tour round various forums of other clubs and the general feeling I'm getting is one of picking jaws off the floor at our business this summer. Man U fans on Man U community were questioning whether they'd finish in the top 3 with us having joined in on city & Chelsea's party and the goons are practically ready to commit suicide just contemplating our signings...the general consensus in the footballing world has gone from, they finished 5th again, no CL, bales off they're ****ed to... **** they don't even need Bale...

Some journo on twitter is saying all but done for €41m
Thats a lot of money for a player I've ever seen play once. In AVB we trust I guess.

Since Levy took over we have roughly balanced the books up until 2011, perhaps an average yearly net spend of a million or 2.

2012 to date here are our buys and sales

Falque 0
Gallifuoco 0
Grant Hall 0
Sigurdsson 8
Vertonghen 10
Adebayor 5
Dembele 15
Lloris 12
Fryers 3
Holtby 1.5
Paulinho 17
Chadli 7
Soldado 25
Capoue 9

Pav 8
Kranjcar 6
Corluka 5.5
Alnwick 0
Pienaar 4.5
Bassong 4
Modric 30
Button 0.5
VDV 10.5
GDS 1
Cudicini 0
Jenas 0
Bostock 0
Bentley 0
Parrett 0
Gallas 0
GDS (Sell on) 3
Caulker 9
Dempsey 6
Huddlestone 5.5
Livermore 1
Parker 3.5

Net spend in 2 years of £17.5 million.

Incidentally if Willian's fee is above £25 million the total cost of our squad will go over £200 million.

I do agree someone would be sold if we bought both Willian and Lamela. We'd have too many players to keep happy.

Lennon would be my best guess. Limited versatility, limited goal threat and he'd want first team football to try and get into the England squad.

Defoe and Ade will only be sold if a replacement is lined up imo.

I think Lennon could be the supersub next year when playing against team that park the bus early, current starting lineup breaks down opponents and in a perfect world we sit back and protect after taking the lead and have Lennon available to counter and stretch the game when bus parking team have to come out and attack.

For me the #1 to go is Siggi.

If we sign Lamela as well, surely Bale has got to be sitting there thinking ****ing hell Levy your showing me the ambition you promised !!!

He will stay

Add too maybe

Ade 7m
Benny 4m
Siggi NO WAY
Defoe 7m
Lennon 8m

I have altered those valuations to my estimate.

Add Rose 4m, Gomes 2m and Townsend 4m to that list.

I really hope that Lennon is not sold this summer. He offers options that no one else in the squad does and it is no accident that our form has dipped whenever he has been injured these last few seasons. I would much rather we kept him until the new players have bedded in and even then, I would prefer we kept him.

I really hope that Lennon is not sold this summer. He offers options that no one else in the squad does and it is no accident that our form has dipped whenever he has been injured these last few seasons. I would much rather we kept him until the new players have bedded in and even then, I would prefer we kept him.

I agree fully. Options, options, options!

I've taken a quick tour round various forums of other clubs and the general feeling I'm getting is one of picking jaws off the floor at our business this summer. Man U fans on Man U community were questioning whether they'd finish in the top 3 with us having joined in on city & Chelsea's party and the goons are practically ready to commit suicide just contemplating our signings...the general consensus in the footballing world has gone from, they finished 5th again, no CL, bales off they're ****ed to... **** they don't even need Bale...

One of my favourites was this from an ****nal fan today

"I won't deny it, they're scaring the hell out of me right now. Aren't we the ones who are meant to finally have a big war chest after years of being frugal? If they obtain all their targets they'll have spent over £100m! I know they're almost certainly selling Bale to recoup most of that - but still, shows so much more ambition than us after selling players for large fees.
I'm an optimistic ****nal fan, I'm a supporter of Wenger (though he's testing my patience), but I'm also a realist. And the reality is, if we don't strengthen, I can't see us finishing above them."

I think Lennon could be the supersub next year when playing against team that park the bus early, current starting lineup breaks down opponents and in a perfect world we sit back and protect after taking the lead and have Lennon available to counter and stretch the game when bus parking team have to come out and attack.

For me the #1 to go is Siggi.

That's fair, I rate Siggy highly. He can play AM, LM or probably even CM in a 4-3-3.

He'll score goals and has the potential to be a big player for us.

Whereas Lennon can play RM in a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2, and that's about it. He doesn't have the decisiveness in front of goal to play inside forward on the right and his final ball is often lacking.

I agree. It's no coincidence our form has dropped when Lennon was injured, because we've not had proper cover for him in the past and we've had to shoehorn CM's into the right winger position. Which was always going to go badly.

Luckily we seem to be addressing this imbalance in our squad.

Whereas Lennon can play RM in a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2, and that's about it. He doesn't have the decisiveness in front of goal to play inside forward on the right and his final ball is often lacking.

That's a really useful Plan B to have

I have altered those valuations to my estimate.

Add Rose 4m, Gomes 2m and Townsend 4m to that list.

It really wouldn't surprise me if we kept Townsend, squad filler but if we do sell I can see Levy wanting nearer the figure we got for Caulker. Same with Rose IMO. Gomes I think could be a free if we get someone to cover his wages. Haven't we already rejected a sizable offer from Sunderland for Rose.

That's fair, I rate Siggy highly. He can play AM, LM or probably even CM in a 4-3-3.

He'll score goals and has the potential to be a big player for us.

The way you describe Siggy you could be describing (although underselling imo) our two biggest reported targets right now.

You could also describe Chadli imo.

Lennon on the other hand offers something different. That makes him more valuable as part of a squad imo.

It really wouldn't surprise me if we kept Townsend, squad filler but if we do sell I can see Levy wanting nearer the figure we got for Caulker. Same with Rose IMO. Gomes I think could be a free if we get someone to cover his wages. Haven't we already rejected a sizable offer from Sunderland for Rose.

They are not established EPL players. I am sure a hefty sell on clause but that is their current value IMO.

£9 mill for Caulker was too good to turn down. I think the fact he played for Swansea made Cardiff pay a bragging rights premium.

Back