• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Will we win anything this season?

Which trophy(ies) do you think we'll win this season?

• None.

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • One (League, FA Cup, Capitol One Cup or Europa)

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Do A Double

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Treble?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sod it, let's win it all.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's how we manage it, I believe our strength has changed from have a WC player i.e. Modric/Bale/VDV to a deep squad

Being able to play players like Sandro/Capoue/Dembele/Chadli in a cup game knowing you will have another option for PL on the week-end gives us a great opportunity, especially in early rounds of cups.

we have a decent shot at all the cups we are in

One of the most disturbing moments of recent seasons for me was how comprehensively we hit the ceiling at QF stage of the Europa Cup last year. We were miles short at that level against modest opposition

One of the most disturbing moments of recent seasons for me was how comprehensively we hit the ceiling at QF stage of the Europa Cup last year. We were miles short at that level against modest opposition

Think that was a result of gap between first team and squad

Last year -> first team midfield Sandro/Dembele/Siggy, squad midfield Parker/Livermore/Hudd

This year -> first team midfield Sandro/Paulinho/Holtby, squad midfield Capoue/Dembele/Eriksen (just my choices to highlight)

Basically you can replace Caulker/Parker/Livermore/Hudd/Falque/Kane with Dawson/Capoue/Dembele/Eriksen/Chadli/JD in cup games and not touch the PL starting line up.

With our squad there isn't a single competition we shouldn't be looking to win and that includes the league. We need the belief because the talent is there

One or two bright sparks need to illuminate the clubs. I'm hoping players will click and we frighten the sh1t out of others - Carling Cup (or whatever it's called), maybe FA.

Though I think AvB wants the Europa.

you know, I wrote the following sentence in that post then deleted it,

"except of course we have a recent history of choking when it matters, we'll need to sort that"

I think we have more chance of winning the league than a cup, so none. This season it's top 3.

not really. EL semi very possible, and 5th in the league. A season to rebuild

Voted for one. Not saying we will one of them, more a case of, think we are more than capable of winning one.

Luck of the draw is obviously a massive factor. I think our biggest chance of silverware will be the Europa League. We have already seen us pick up a tricky tie in the League cup

We have the squad depth to seriously compete in every competition were in. Will we win one? **** if I know.

But still not fielding a full strength XI.

Play the kids in the group stage by all means but if we progress in that competition then it needs to be best XI when it matters, maybe second leg only. Certainly Lloris in goal.

Europa League i reckon

in hindsight we were lucky against Inter and we mugged Lyon

i think we could have quite realistically grabbed a couple more goals at home against Inter - was amazing how one sided it was and for that reason we deserved to go through despite the away leg. best performance under AVB for me

Back