• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wigan Win or Wigan Draw?

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
What would be the better result for us Tuesday?

If Wigan win, Sunday becomes a massive game for Sunderland. If Wigan draw though Sunderland are safe (due to their superior goal difference) and it becomes a dead rubber for them.

At our end it doesn't matter as our goal difference means if Arsenal lose, a draw on the last day won't be enough either.

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Arsenal/Wigan SHOULD be high scoring.

Wigan don't do defensive displays, Arsenal don't have the best defence. Arsenal NEED to win, Wigan NEED to win. I think Arsenals pitch will help Wigan with the way they play, it seems very wide and has a great surface, a bit like Wembley and we saw how they played against City. The only issue is the fact they played yesterday. If they're not too tired, they CAN get something.

Doesn't really matter too much for us tbh. As long as Arsenal aren't picking up the full 3 points, I'm not too bothered whether the points they do pick up are 0 or 1.

Wigan win. I don't want to see Arsenal gain any points.

Sunderland coming to White Hart Lane without Danny Rose, Steven Fletcher, Craig Gardner and Stephane Sessegnon needing a win is a much easier prospect than one that may potentially come, safe and might just sit back and try soak up pressure and beat us on the break with the pace of McLean and Johnson.

Arsenal/Wigan SHOULD be high scoring.

Wigan don't do defensive displays, Arsenal don't have the best defence. Arsenal NEED to win, Wigan NEED to win. I think Arsenals pitch will help Wigan with the way they play, it seems very wide and has a great surface, a bit like Wembley and we saw how they played against City. The only issue is the fact they played yesterday. If they're not too tired, they CAN get something.

One PL team beating another PL will pretty much always be possible.

Could be a very entertaining game as both teams have to win. As soon as one team scores they will probably be very careful and defensive though so it might not end up being that high scoring.

Doesn't really matter too much for us tbh. As long as Arsenal aren't picking up the full 3 points, I'm not too bothered whether the points they do pick up are 0 or 1.

It matters how hard Sunderland will be trying against us next weekend though no?

One PL team beating another PL will pretty much always be possible.

Could be a very entertaining game as both teams have to win. As soon as one team scores they will probably be very careful and defensive though so it might not end up being that high scoring.

I hope it's Arsenal who score first. When a team tends to score first against Arsenal they really up the tempo. We saw against Fulham and QPR that when Arsenal took early leads they invited pressure on to them, Fulham and QPR came up short but I am confident Wigan can get a goal, they need it more.

I'm not sure Wigan needing to win changes their approach all that much. They need to stay in the game and look to nick something on the counter or set peices. If they go all out attack at the Emirates they'll get battered.

Whatever Sunderland play for, and whoever the play, not beating them on Sunday at the Lane would be professional mistake and one hell of a bottle job.

It does not matter to us if Wigan wins or draws on Tuesday assuming that Arsenal wins at Saudi Sportswashing Machine next weekend. We need either Wigan or Saudi Sportswashing Machine to take points off Arsenal.

good thread...

Arshavin with a last minute winner

Gutter off to support Inter Milan instead of Spurs

What would be the better result for us Tuesday?

If Wigan win, Sunday becomes a massive game for Sunderland. If Wigan draw though Sunderland are safe (due to their superior goal difference) and it becomes a dead rubber for them.

At our end it doesn't matter as our goal difference means if Arsenal lose, a draw on the last day won't be enough either.

It matters if Arsenal draw at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we lose to Sunderland.

It matters how hard Sunderland will be trying against us next weekend though no?

I have confidence that we will be able to beat Sunderland on the final day if we need to, especially with the players they've got out. Just as long as its in our hands, I'm happy.

I hope it's Arsenal who score first. When a team tends to score first against Arsenal they really up the tempo. We saw against Fulham and QPR that when Arsenal took early leads they invited pressure on to them, Fulham and QPR came up short but I am confident Wigan can get a goal, they need it more.

First goal will be a massive advantage to whoever scores it imo.

I'm not sure Wigan needing to win changes their approach all that much. They need to stay in the game and look to nick something on the counter or set peices. If they go all out attack at the Emirates they'll get battered.

They will still have to play their own game as they did on Saturday, probably doesn't change their approach much from the kickoff. But it massively changes their approach if it's a draw with 10-15 minutes left to play. I also think it will make a difference mentally if they're a goal down knowing that they need two goals for it to make a difference.

Good thing is that playing their own game is what Wigan does, they're also quite experienced at this kind of high pressure situation and their confidence should be high. Martinez seems very good at getting their players in the right frame of mind for games like this and not pile pressure upon nervousness. Arsenal players will be feeling the pressure for sure, we've made sure of that. The longer the game stays 0-0 (or without an Arsenal lead whatever the score) the more nervous I think they will become.

That's part of the reason why the first goal will be so important, it will be a massive injection of confidence for the team that gets it and further up the pressure on the other team. Then there's also the advantage of being able to sit back and counter attack a bit while the opponents throw men forward.

Back