• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wigan Ratings

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Put yer ratings in here.

Stats from whoscored.com:

PlayerShotsOn TargetTouchesPassesPass SuccessKey PassesCrossesCross SuccessLong BallsLB SuccessThrough BallsTB SuccessOffsidesAerial Duels Won
Lloris00311553%000820002
Walker00795478%010211013
Dawson10938284%00021131102
Vertonghen00847296%000970010
Naughton105136100%211220000
Parker20493589%000311000
Huddlestone211119189%3631391001
Dembele10272190%100210000
Bale52462774%200001103
Dempsey30442475%100000021
Defoe10199100%100000010
Holtby00443781%100110000
BAE00231471%000000001
Lennon0011888%000000000

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 6
Parker 6
Huddlestone 6
Dembele 6
Bale 6
Dempsey 6
Defoe 5

Lennon 5
Ekotto 5
Holtby 5

I thought we were lucky today, but away draw against a team fighting relegation at this stage of the season is not a disgrace.

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 6
Parker 6
Huddlestone 6
Dembele 6
Bale 6
Dempsey 6
Defoe 5

Lennon 5
Ekotto 5
Holtby 5

I thought we were lucky today, but away draw against a team fighting relegation at this stage of the season is not a disgrace.

For real? I think a 2 would be generous.

To say Huddlestone and Parker get the same rating I have to wonder if you were actually watching the game?

I was watching the game on a dodgy stream so it was hard to judge. But I can safely say that Parker is not of the required standard to play for Spurs.

Parker must be removed from the line-up

I know he can tackle and harry, but the guy can't contribute offensively, in fact he nullifies attack after attack by making himself available then passing backwards or losing it

In fact I think that is becoming a tactic for the opposition - give Parker space, let him have the ball, you know he won't hurt you

I don't think Dempsey, Defoe, Holtby, Bale, lots of players did themselves many favours today

But blow me, Parker is just a really low quality footballer

I wouldn't mind so much if Parker sat deep and didn't get in the way but he tries to get involved and just c0cks it up every time

Against teams like Wigan where we desperately need to win, we have to play someone that can pass - Carroll or Holtby or Sigg - but not Parker or Livermore

Parker must be removed from the line-up

I know he can tackle and harry, but the guy can't contribute offensively, in fact he nullifies attack after attack by making himself available then passing backwards or losing it

In fact I think that is becoming a tactic for the opposition - give Parker space, let him have the ball, you know he won't hurt you

I don't think Dempsey, Defoe, Holtby, Bale, lots of players did themselves many favours today

But blow me, Parker is just a really low quality footballer

I wouldn't mind so much if Parker sat deep and didn't get in the way but he tries to get involved and just c0cks it up every time

Against teams like Wigan where we desperately need to win, we have to play someone that can pass - Carroll or Holtby or Sigg - but not Parker or Livermore
Sadly I don't think Parker can even tackle anymore. A lot of his tackles end up as fouls.

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 5
Parker 5
Huddlestone 6
Dembele 5
Bale 6
Dempsey 6
Defoe 5

Holtby 6
Assou-Ekotto 6
Lennon 5

For real? I think a 2 would be generous.

To say Huddlestone and Parker get the same rating I have to wonder if you were actually watching the game?

I thought Huddlestone played well first half, our best player but then was very poor second half. I thought Parker did well defensively but going forward he was poor. When he went off injured I thought we looked a lot worse than when he was on the pitch. But no one played well and none of the starting line up played badly either. I thought it was a very hum drum performance all round!

Lloris 6 (Made some good interceptions but sat on his line far too much)
Walker 6 (Not the usual offensive player - his side seemed to be attacked more and not much protection from Bale)
Dawson 6 (Meh, nice haircut but too much Hollywood passing)
Vertonghen 6 (Not as composed as usual - tried to bring the ball out at times)
Naughton 6 (standard - getting more confident at least)
Parker 4 (Just run around Scotty, just run around)
Huddlestone 7 (Don't like the whole long range passing thingy but he did it well, took control at times)
Dembele 6 (Typical but not spectacular - getting better at not holding it too long)
Bale 7 (Is he a left, is he a centre, is he right?? getting ridiculous now... quiet but got goals - perhaps not fit)
Dempsey 6 (I actually like him, a bit of a cunning player...)
Defoe 6 (Showed some effort and and balls but doesn't smile as much as Ade)

Lennon (Welcome back son - get fit please)
Ekotto (You need to start or not play at all my man)
Holtby (Don't dive in son - use your energy wisely)

I don't think any of our players excelled today - there were some very average performances out there.

I'd be hard pressed to name our Man of the Match.

Sadly I don't think Parker can even tackle anymore. A lot of his tackles end up as fouls.

Why did he try to take a touch when the ball fell to him in the box after Defoe kind of attempted to round the goalkeeper? He goal scoring instincts are akin to a panda's sex drive. Which would be fine, but he ends up being the most advanced central midfielder so often, it's infuriating. His scoring record for Spurs is still at minus 1 (after blocking a Saha shot off the line), it's pretty clear he just shouldn't find himself in any goal scoring situation, he never properly hits through the ball, always tries a glamorous outside of the foot type shot wherever he is.

Last edited:
Lloris - 6 Really poor for their second goal
Walker - 7 A real threat in the first half faded in the second
Dawson - 7 Defended well
Vertonghen - 6 Lost his man for their first goal
Naughton - 6 Barely in the game in the first half and nowhere near his man for their second goal
Parker - 5 Slowed our attack, didnt do much of a job pressing them and terrible in front of goal
Huddlestone - 8 Did everything AVB asked of him in that role, showed for the ball, completed 91 passes, tried to play in our front 3 at every opportunity and hit the woodwork
Dembele - 7 Was looking really good before he had to come off, some strong runs with the ball through the centre
Dempsey - 7 scrappy game but he had plenty of the ball even he was outnumbered out wide
Defoe - 7 was looking good until Wigan dropped deep after they went ahead, thereafter there was no space for him to run into, not really his fault
Bale - 7 was outnumbered out the right everytime he got it, would have had more space in the centre but not his fault thats the role avb asked of him today and he scored a goal from nowhere

Holtby - 7 constantly showing for the ball, great attitude even though he didnt have the greatest of game

Why did he try to take a touch when the ball fell to him in the box after Defoe kind of attempted to round the goalkeeper? He goal scoring instincts are akin to a panda's sex drive. Which would be fine, but he ends up being the most central midfielder so often, it's infuriating. His scoring record for Spurs is still at minus 1 (after blocking a Saha shot off the line), it's pretty clear he just shouldn't find himself in any goal scoring situation, he never properly hits through the ball, always tries a glamorous outside of the foot type shot wherever he is.

I thought the same at the time, if he had hit that first time it was a goal.

The positive I take out of todays game is that it was a very under par performance from a team that looked devoid of ideas. Still, the Spurs of old would have lost today, but we got a point.

Holtby, Huddlestone 7
Parker 5
All the rest 6

AVB 7 tried to positively influence the game.

Fans - who sits down at an away game (when not asked) ggrr! !

Lloris 6

Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 6

Parker 5
Huddlestone 7
Dembele 6

Bale 7
Dempsey 5
Defoe 5

Holtby/Benny/Azza 6

Last edited:
The positive I take out of todays game is that it was a very under par performance from a team that looked devoid of ideas. Still, the Spurs of old would have lost today, but we got a point.

Holtby, Huddlestone 7
Parker 5
All the rest 6

AVB 7 tried to positively influence the game.

Fans - who sits down at an away game (when not asked) ggrr! !

Definitely.

I gather you were at the game. What did you think of the atmosphere in the 2nd half. Not as vocal as usual for me, little pockets tried to get it all going, put it down to a nervy team performance.
Good noise at the end though

Lloris 5 - shaky, strangely reluctant to come off line for corners, poor distribution
Walker 6 - infuriating habits but did at least win the fk that led to equaliser
Dawson 7 - excellent until late on, some good long-range passing
Vertonghen 6 - lost out against Boyce for first Wigan goal, otherwise decent
Naughton 5 - still waiting for him to make his mark. Has skill on the ball so it'll come - eventually
Parker 6 - busy, but less influential than normal
Thudd 7 - so many intelligent long passes, also struck woodwork and provided assist for equalising og
Dembele 6 - decent
Bale 6 - mostly shut out by determined defending yet still scored (not entirely fortuitously) and created chances
Defoe 6 - put through several times but suffocated by Wigan's ferocious tackling
Dempsey 5 - one or two decent shots but not much else

Subs

Holtby 6 - plenty of energy but little to show for it
BAE 5 - sometimes looked like he couldn't be arsed
Lennon 5 - little impact

Definitely.

I gather you were at the game. What did you think of the atmosphere in the 2nd half. Not as vocal as usual for me, little pockets tried to get it all going, put it down to a nervy team performance.
Good noise at the end though

I was at the game and I totally agree with you about the atmosphere, it was particularly poor in the second half. We should be applauded for taking 5000 fans to an away game, and when we got going, we were loud. However, it was far too infrequent for my liking.

Lloris - 5

Walker - 5
Dawson - 6
Vert - 6
Naughton - 5

Parker - 4
Huddlestone - 7
Dembele - 6

Bale - 5
Defoe - 5
Dempsey - 5

Last edited: