• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who should we envy?

Hmmm. Great topic.

I am sure we should not envy anyone.

However, there are clubs whose business model we should seek to replicate.

i do not wish a sugar daddy to turn us into Chelsea. We should aspire to a solid business model which will lead to long term and sustainable success.

Manchester United and Arsenal should be our role models. I would say we not far behind. And for that I thank Levy who has had the vision and leadership to implement the changes we needed.

We have not made the mistakes that Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have made. And it is not without a little schadenfreude that i see Liverpool going the same way as these two once great clubs.

Hmmm.....you know what, also, I'd go for AFC Wimbledon. If only for the fan ownership model they espouse.

Overall, I think I would very much like to see our fans get a much greater stake in the club; hell, I'd like greater fan-owned stakes in clubs across the board, building up to the Bundesliga's 50+1 rule, but for the present I'd like to see us start to go down that road at least, and perhaps one day see a supporters' trust of some kind owning a significant stake in the club that (as with AFC Wimbledon's supporters' trust) it pledges to protect from dilution or a future sale.

I may have lived in the land of the obese too long but I don't envy anyone, I aspire to be successful now, I don't care what other clubs do or don't do, we're in the Champions league next year, Man Utd and liverpool will be envious of us on tuesday and wednesday nights in the autumn (i almost typed fall).

Leicester. What they did will never be forgotten, whatever ends up happening to them. And now that the dust has settled, I think I can appreciate how a generation of twinkle-eyed young Leicester fans will grow up thinking that the wildest, most beautiful dreams really *can* come true; honestly, that's pretty nice, given that it's probably one of the rarest things that people take with them as they go from naive childhood to being an adult.

And to think, it all started with a racist orgy in Thailand. :p

i work in leicester. all the shops started supporting the team after they were confirmed winners, and the kids there all like the sky top 4. i've met more spurs fans than leicester fans. adults who don't watch football normally there are loving it tho :)

I used to be envious of the Man Cities and Chelseas for having super wealthy owners and being able to buy any player they wanted, while we were struggling to get players' attention. However, after Poch came around I don't feel this way anymore, as I like our current model and setup so much better.

If it's one thing I'm envious about now is other clubs being able to offer much higher wages, making player retention a much bigger challenge. Would be nice to be able to bring in young players, develop them into top-level footballers, and keep them with us for the better part of their careers. But with the new stadium and Levy's stewardship, I'm confident this will come about too.

Good time to be a Spurs fan and even better ones ahead!

i work in leicester. all the shops started supporting the team after they were confirmed winners, and the kids there all like the sky top 4. i've met more spurs fans than leicester fans. adults who don't watch football normally there are loving it tho :)

Well, fine, all the patrons who were there at the King Power in the opening game of the season (kids included) will now grow up believing that dreams can come true, even if the city of Leicester evidently doesn't give a damn either way. :p

It is not an easy road for a young Spurs fan to be sure.

My brother-in-law and his kids tried to convert my kids to Utd. They brought the youngest one a jersey and all, but I told them in no uncertain terms to fudge off. I think my reaction surprised them a little but I was having none of it. They way I saw it was they were attempting to deny me a future of seeing Spurs play along with my kids and to be frank I didn't want that to lose that. Got to nip that brick in the bud. I fudged the Utd jersey in the bin.

Thankfully now Utd are now more often something to laugh at than admire :)
Mate, you want to watch out when inserting your dingdong into a bin. I'd have taken it out and stuck a picture of Scarlett Johansson on it first.

I envy Leicester too. No matter what happens in the next few seasons, they'll always have this one to remember. Whereas we're all still banging on about 1961, way before many of us were even a twinkling in our fathers' eyes. I grew up thinking Greavsie was just that avuncular chap on the telly.

Back