• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who is our "half-term" player of the season?

Who has been our best player so far?

• Total voters
Has to be Bale for me. I understand our record without Dembele is not good, but I really worry what would happen to us if Bale got injured.

I think Vertonghen has done incredibly well. Come into a new team, play a relatively unfamiliar position, and still do it really well. Lloris, Bale, Sandro, Defoe & Dembele also up there for me. :)

1. Sandro
2. Bale

3. Defoe
4. Vertonghen
5. Dembele

Dembele would be higher if he'd played a little more and I'd say Lloris has a very good chance of being player of the second half of the season

The real candidates for this award are:

Vertonghen
Dembele
Sandro
Bale
Defoe

The winner = Bale

I agree with all of that, I also voted Bale. I think I could put together a fairly solid argument for either one of those 5 players though, and that's not just because I'm an opinionated argumentative bastard. Great for us to have so many players playing so well, I think Lloris will add his name to that list in the second half of the season too.

Sandro for me. Started every game in the PL alongside Lennon, super consistent. Very important for giving our offensive players freedom and gives our defense a shield!

tricky, the newbies have all been great, Sandro, Lennon and Defoe have taken their game to another level, but Bale is our primary threat

Really tough choice. Bale, Sandro, Vert and Dembele all worthy of a vote.

I struck out Bale first as the expectation on him is higher than the rest. Dembele was dropped next as he joined a couple of games late and also missed some games.

It's a toss-up between Sandro and Vert, I think in the end it boils down to who brought us more defensive stability and yet offering something different. I guess the importance of having Super Jan playing both LBs and CBs was crucial for us and hence my vote went to him.

Just personal view.

Sandro. Has shown unrelentingly high BEAST standards over the course of those 20 games - the most consistent of all our players.

The highlight for me was, even in a ultimately losing cause, how he completely and utterly shackled Fellaini at Goodison Park... shut him down completely.

Fellaini is poor against a decen physical player hence why he resorts to headbutt and elbows, my Everton mates even say that. However I agree with you that Sandro is my man for the year as he has been outstandingly consistent

I voted Sandro thinking he would be the most under-appreciated behind Bale, Verts and Defoe. Well I was wrong.

Now Scotty is back though, I think he might become less important.

Not that it really matters, but the whoscored.com ranking for these players has it as:
1.) Bale
2.) Vertonghen
3.) Dembele
4.) Sandro
5.) Defoe
6.) Lennon
7.) Lloris.

However BAE, Naughton, and Walker are all ranked high (all above Lennon).

I voted for Sandro just based on my own subjective view of it.

Vertonghen for me - has looked imperious for us when he's been in the team, despite playing in a number of positions and playing alongside some inexperienced players in the back-line and also a change of goalkeepers. But that was a very tough decision, as I think that Defoe, Sandro and Bale have all been superb this season. Lloris hasn't played enough for me, but I can see Lloris, Vertonghen, Bale and Sandro scrapping it out for player of the season for sure.

Not that it really matters, but the whoscored.com ranking for these players has it as:
1.) Bale
2.) Vertonghen
3.) Dembele
4.) Sandro
5.) Defoe
6.) Lennon
7.) Lloris.

However BAE, Naughton, and Walker are all ranked high (all above Lennon).

I voted for Sandro just based on my own subjective view of it.

Would be interesting to see how Zin's average ratiings match up the whoscored.com ranking!

I tell you what though - Sandro has really impressed me this season. Even though he's always been a good performer for us, this season he has been consistently great; put in some real gritty and determined performances for us. Give is a few seasons and he'll be a world class player with Real, Barca after him - he's THAT good.

Vertonghen is better though :)

Back