• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where's My Loyalty Points?

You can't please everybody, but it's the fairest way of doing it, otherwise the younger suppporters will never be able to get tickets for the big games.

I know where your coming from, but Members still wont have a shot at games like Arsenal away, that will still be ST's only, as we have already seen with Reading, of all away games!

After adding on the LP's for the multi-game packages, I lost a net 5 points from my total (+3 for the Barcodes, -8 for manual adjustment) so I am now at 630.

After WhoopWhoop's post, I think I am more of a 'Johnty' than a 'Rupert' :)

Still, I think I have served my 'apprenticeship' and my bank balance over the last 5 years has taken a real hammering.

So basically we shouldn't reward people who were going to the likes of Coventry and Grimsby away back when Doherty taricco and johnnie fudging Jackson were playing but give as much credit to people who've been going the last four years where we've been playing our best football in 20 years and playing the likes of inter Milan and real Madrid in the champions league? There was nothing wrong with the old system people just don't want to put in the effort though and get points from less glamorous ties such as Europa group games and Wigan away(general every year yet stand never sells out)

So basically we shouldn't reward people who were going to the likes of Coventry and Grimsby away back when Doherty taricco and johnnie fudging Jackson were playing but give as much credit to people who've been going the last four years where we've been playing our best football in 20 years and playing the likes of inter Milan and real Madrid in the champions league? There was nothing wrong with the old system people just don't want to put in the effort though and get points from less glamorous ties such as Europa group games and Wigan away(general every year yet stand never sells out)

Rewarded?

And here's me thinking that you bought those tickets so you could go and see spurs play, when all this time you were looking for a reach around?

Where the fudge did I say I want rewarding? Howevet at the end of the day that's what loyalty points are like it or not so yeah in my eyes if anyone is getting 'rewarded' it should be for whoevers been to most games simple as that. And no I go to watch spurs to see my mates have a laugh and watch the team I've been watching since I was a kid not cos I want a 'reach around'

Where the fudge did I say I want rewarding? Howevet at the end of the day that's what loyalty points are like it or not so yeah in my eyes if anyone is getting 'rewarded' it should be for whoevers been to most games simple as that. And no I go to watch spurs to see my mates have a laugh and watch the team I've been watching since I was a kid not cos I want a 'reach around'

At the start of the sentence. About five words in.

Loyalty is good. Staying loyal is better. That is what the five year plan intends to achieve. If you go and watch spurs enough then it shouldn't make a difference.

LOSING loyalty points?!? Bloody hell.

Anyway got my foot back on the ladder so therefore I currently have 20 points haha.

What's the breakdown of how to gain points?

I like how everyone is so shocked at this. Yet the fact that it was happening was discussed at least a month back.

At the start of the sentence. About five words in.

Loyalty is good. Staying loyal is better. That is what the five year plan intends to achieve. If you go and watch spurs enough then it shouldn't make a difference.

Again I'll ask you the question: where did I say I want rewarding? I asked a rhetorical question saying 'so we shouldn't reward people who....' never once did I say I WANT rewarding? really don't get why people put words in other people mouths on here seems to happen all the time actually read my thread and don't just assume what I think

I see where your coming from, I too would have the hump if I lost hundred of points. Not saying this applies to you, but there must be instances where people have built up a large number of points over a certain amount of time and you can kind of live off them. If you keep going, then it won't be a problem. It's not right if a supporter has been to every game home and away but misses out on a cup final to someone who has hardly been that same season.

No system is perfect, but this way is the fairest in my opinion.

Again I'll ask you the question: where did I say I want rewarding? I asked a rhetorical question saying 'so we shouldn't reward people who....' never once did I say I WANT rewarding? really don't get why people put words in other people mouths on here seems to happen all the time actually read my thread and don't just assume what I think

You are being rewarded for how many times you have attended in the last 5 years.

You were also rewarded for all your points previously however that reward has now come to an end or do you think you deserve to just be allowed to go to every premium away game ever because 10 years ago you went home and away for a few seasons running?

I was taken to my first game in '69 and was pretty much a regular until '74, when it became too expensive for all of my family to attend. I then attended most home games between '79 to '81, then from '82 to '84, when shift work took over. I still managed to take in 1 or 2 games a season, up to '92 when my daughter was born.

I then had a bit of a break until 2008 and since then I have attended an average of 30 games per season. Why do I provide this potted history, which is probably mirrored by many a poster on here?

I provide it, because I happen to be lucky enough at the moment to be able to afford to go, and I have a very understanding wife! I also manage to balance the needs of my job around my love for the mighty Spurs.

If you want me to be honest, I believe that LP's should be used to allocate home Cat A games, but I respect the current rules of the club which says that every member should have the opportunity to purchase a ticket to see a match.

I don't make the rules, but please don't think that I am some "johnny-come-lately" who has just joined the party. I had to go to school back in the mid 70's and got ribbed mercilessly by my mates when we were relegated to the old second division!

You are being rewarded for how many times you have attended in the last 5 years.

You were also rewarded for all your points previously however that reward has now come to an end or do you think you deserve to just be allowed to go to every premium away game ever because 10 years ago you went home and away for a few seasons running?

Why oh why are you assuming I'm just talking about myself? I've been going home and away for years have done in the last 4 years as well so I'm absolutely sure I'll still be fine for big games I'm not selfish enough tho to have a fudge it I'm ok that's all that matters attitude I'm still of the opinion tho that if we hve a loyalty scheme people who went to a game 10 years ago who did their 'time' when we were utter tripe should be acknowledged within this scheme. Ten years ago west ham and arsenal were the only two away allocations we sold out year in year out anyone should have gone to the other aways but chose not to yet people who did shouldn't be higher within the scheme? Also don't understand this notion of hordes of people who went week in week out and now don't go at all apart from arsenal away? I know plenty who don't go as much as they used to but certainly none that only do the fabled ritual of le arse being their only away of the season.

Why oh why are you assuming I'm just talking about myself? I've been going home and away for years have done in the last 4 years as well so I'm absolutely sure I'll still be fine for big games I'm not selfish enough tho to have a fudge it I'm ok that's all that matters attitude I'm still of the opinion tho that if we hve a loyalty scheme people who went to a game 10 years ago who did their 'time' when we were utter tripe should be acknowledged within this scheme. Ten years ago west ham and arsenal were the only two away allocations we sold out year in year out anyone should have gone to the other aways but chose not to yet people who did shouldn't be higher within the scheme? Also don't understand this notion of hordes of people who went week in week out and now don't go at all apart from arsenal away? I know plenty who don't go as much as they used to but certainly none that only do the fabled ritual of le arse being their only away of the season.

I don't think they should.... the perceived quality of football played 5, 10, 15 or 20 years ago should have no influence on priority for tickets. Then, just like now, people attended matched because they wanted to. A 5 year cycle is very fair way of doing it.

I only lost 57 points but i have recouped 23 already so should be ahead by the end of the season. I feel quite lucky know that up until around 5 years ago i used to rely on mates to get me tickets!

Back