• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What would you do?

If Winks wasn’t one of our own he would be getting panned, hypothetically if the window was still open and we were being strongly linked with signing Winks for £40-60m say what would the honest reaction be?

My problem is you are pointing out fan reactions .. why isn't Poch seeing it

One of the pre Spurs criticisms of Poch was his favorites, he has always claimed with us meritocracy .. I just don't see Winks, Sanchez and KWP in the side on merit .. not with the options he has benched ...

Yes

But also their defence wasn't tight, they stood around and we stood inbetween them which tightened everything up.

It wasn't some tactically defensive Steve Bruce masterclass, our attacking was inept. The longer the game went on the narrower we got.

Yeah look at the Brighton game at the end of last season we huffed and puffed to that 1-0 and made Hughton look like a tactical genius and Brighton defensive masters, then in Brighton’s next game they played at home to ironically Saudi Sportswashing Machine and set up the same way, Saudi Sportswashing Machine ripped Brighton to shreds and if I remember correctly knocked 3 or 4 past them.

Bench Kane.
Start with Eriksen, Son, Moura upfront. Son as main striker.
Bench KWP for Aurier.
Buy a new CB in transfer window. He replaces Toby. Davidson goes back to RCB.
Buy a press breaking midfielder that can dribble in transfer window
Start Davies ahead of Rose
Maintain 4231 tactic with the press.

Last season we had Llorente on the bench. Today was the sort of game where throwing him on could have worried them and made an opening.

What would I improve? Try to coordinate our movement down the wings so its automatic, and we can attack faster with more fluidity. For example, when a FB gets the ball, automatically someone will make a run into the space ahead outwide, at the same time the forwards will be ready to attack the space in the box if a cross is coming in. Because we have to figure out what is coming next, the opposition have time to get back in place.

On the upside when we are good we're very flexible, anyone can run anywhere which is harder to mark. But in a game like today, mancity would have faster attacks becuase they are coordinated as above. We need that up our sleve.

Sack Poch.
Sack winks.
Sell Kane for 200m
Never let Lamela kick a football for spurs again.
Tell Sissoko he had a one off season and throw him into Mordor.
Give Eriksen a new hair re growth thing and hope he signs a new contract only for us to sell him for more money cos he's actually really brick and no one has found that out yet.
Decapitate KWP for being the worst RB in Premier league history.
Ask Steve Bruce to be our manager as he's clearly better than the moaning Arg.
Ask Levy if he can swap places with Abromavich.
Ask Dele to stop being a clam in general.

Other than that I can't thing of much.

4-3-2-1

1. Aurier in at right back or Foyth once he gets back.
2. Get something solid in front on the defence. I don't know if Dier is as good as he was but we're getting very badly exposed time and again. When we were at our most solid, mistakes like Sanchez's today were happening but we always had a player or two there to dig the offender out of trouble. These last two seasons, we don't look organised enough.
3. Get Eriksen in for as long as he's here. Everything goes through him because he's the only one who can pick a pass.
4. Kane plays but I don't know how we get the best out of Sonny when they both play because Son has looked ordinary whenever Kane has played recently.

Move the f**king ball quicker. Time and again today, we got the ball and dawdled which let them set up their two banks and we couldn't get through them. That's not tactical brilliance from Bruce. That's just tinkle poor from us.

We don't really have a plan B. A Llorente or even an Aaron Lennon type to scare them with pace. When Plan A doesn't work, and it often doesn't against teams who play like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we look clueless.

Sack Poch.
Sack winks.
Sell Kane for 200m
Never let Lamela kick a football for spurs again.
Tell Sissoko he had a one off season and throw him into Mordor.
Give Eriksen a new hair re growth thing and hope he signs a new contract only for us to sell him for more money cos he's actually really brick and no one has found that out yet.
Decapitate KWP for being the worst RB in Premier league history.
Ask Steve Bruce to be our manager as he's clearly better than the moaning Arg.
Ask Levy if he can swap places with Abromavich.
Ask Dele to stop being a clam in general.

Other than that I can't thing of much.

You off the wagon again princess?

? What would I do ?

I'd over react and start a thread like this one.

In case no one has noticed, Hi. I'm back from my summer hiatus. A blissfully football free break.

Hot chicks, chilled cider, chorizos on the grill. And chain saws out the ying-yang.

Add more creativity in midfield.

If Dele and N'Dombele were fit, and Lo Celso ready to start, I could've understood leaving Eriksen on the bench. It's a tough situation for the club, of course, but yesterday Eriksen should've started.

Also if Jan is fully fit, he should start.

The underlying problem, of course, is that our movement is slow and cumbersome, and we don't look like we have a proper functioning formation or game plan.

We don't really function very well as a team, and haven't for a while. Especially offensively, and when our defensive slip ups gifts opposition goals, we're very easy to defend against.

Play a midfield with actual footballers in it. Poch seems allergic to the idea of playing passers in CM. He just wants work rate, that's nice but once you have the ball you're actually going to need to do something with it. Sissoko, Winks, Dier and Wanyama none of these players have any vision or technique to play anything but the most glaringly obvious pass. They all take to many fudging touches of the ball before they decide to pass it to the most obvious recipient.

I can just about cope with one of them in the team with the great hope that Ndombele and Lo Celso can make up for the lack of creativity throughout the team.

If we are not going to be playing Eriksen who has always been key to getting this team playing something resembling a passing game then we have to compensate by beefing up the quality in CM. Just dropping Lamela in there is foolhardy, he is possibly literally half the player Eriksen is playing the playmaker role. Ive said enough times already, bit too slow to control the ball, to slow to make a decision, to slow moving the ball on, horribly one sided. He is not the ACM we need and none of our rivals would start him, not one.

I've been praying that the plan with Ndombele and Lo Celso is to play some variation of a 433 and have them ahead of Winks/Sissoko/Dier/Wanyama and have the tempo and forward play set by them. We saw something of this from Ndombele but of course he was still paired with Sissoko [emoji854]

Levy of course never helps with all his stupid to the deadline bartering which has meant surprise surprise Lo Celso isn't ready to play a significant part yet. Every season he handicaps us in some way, I don't want to hear any excuses for him. Every season it's the same brick, he will never learn because he thinks he knows and once again we have a turgid start to a season.

Tdlr: pick only one of the turgid CMs we are currently picking, play Eriksen while he is still on our books, we clearly have noone better. Up the tempo and get the players playing faster, all this slow control 5 touches and the play it sideways to your nearest mate is a nonesense.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Play a midfield with actual footballers in it. Poch seems allergic to the idea of playing passers in CM. He just wants work rate, that's nice but once you have the ball you're actually going to need to do something with it. Sissoko, Winks, Dier and Wanyama none of these players have any vision or technique to play anything but the most glaringly obvious pass. They all take to many fudging touches of the ball before they decide to pass it to the most obvious recipient.

I can just about cope with one of them in the team with the great hope that Ndombele and Lo Celso can make up for the lack of creativity throughout the team.

If we are not going to be playing Eriksen who has always been key to getting this team playing something resembling a passing game then we have to compensate by beefing up the quality in CM. Just dropping Lamela in there is foolhardy, he is possibly literally half the player Eriksen is playing the playmaker role. Ive said enough times already, bit too slow to control the ball, to slow to make a decision, to slow moving the ball on, horribly one sided. He is not the ACM we need and none of our rivals would start him, not one.

I've been praying that the plan with Ndombele and Lo Celso is to play some variation of a 433 and have them ahead of Winks/Sissoko/Dier/Wanyama and have the tempo and forward play set by them. We saw something of this from Ndombele but of course he was still paired with Sissoko [emoji854]

Levy of course never helps with all his stupid to the deadline bartering which has meant surprise surprise Lo Celso isn't ready to play a significant part yet. Every season he handicaps us in some way, I don't want to hear any excuses for him. Every season it's the same brick, he will never learn because he thinks he knows and once again we have a turgid start to a season.

Tdlr: pick only one of the turgid CMs we are currently picking, play Eriksen while he is still on our books, we clearly have noone better. Up the tempo and get the players playing faster, all this slow control 5 touches and the play it sideways to your nearest mate is a nonesense.

Lo Celso was at the Copa America, he came back and we bought him, not sure what more Levy could have done there.

Playing without passers in midfield is fine as long as you get the ball up to the front line quickly and they do something with it, Liverpool and Leicester style. Having them stay the width of the pitch helps.

We want to play a narrow possession game with no passers and no movement, which is never going to work. I've said it before our players are simply not of the quality to play a slow tempo possession based game, no team is apart from City and even they play it with a quick tempo.

Lo Celso was at the Copa America, he came back and we bought him, not sure what more Levy could have done there.

Playing without passers in midfield is fine as long as you get the ball up to the front line quickly and they do something with it, Liverpool and Leicester style. Having them stay the width of the pitch helps.

We want to play a narrow possession game with no passers and no movement, which is never going to work. I've said it before our players are simply not of the quality to play a slow tempo possession based game, no team is apart from City and even they play it with a quick tempo.

This is an excuse. Lo Celso went to the Copa just like Foryth did and funny, Foryth was back available to play during the preseason friendlies. If levy had any sense he could have completed the deal much earlier and Lo Celso could at least had some of the preseason with us instead as per usual we have a key signing who is going to an age to get up to speed because they missed crucial due to Levy and his funny games.

Liverpool do not play without passers in midfield. Please even Fabinho is a superior passer to everyone we have bar Eriksen. Yes they are not pure technicians but they have a great all around game, have good vision and techique meaning they play a lot of one and two touch football, don't get that confused with getting the ball forward quickly in the style of Leicester. Klopp's teams always do it with purpose, they sweep the ball from side to side quickly and accurately we are incapable of doing this because our CMs are frankly poop on the ball in terms of vision and execution.

I agree wholeheartedly that we don't have the quality to play such a game but selecting the players we have it's really the only option beyond just lumping it forward, because they neither have the ability to play short quickly nor the quality to play it long accurately so we are stuck with what we have unless we change up the selections.

It's totally pointless playing Sissoko and Winks together between them thats about half a decent passing CM and they take up two berths. [emoji38][emoji847]

Yup, and extreme width and attacking intent.

Biggest problem for me at the moment is the lack of dynamism. As someone said in the match thread, Poch can’t seem to send us out with our heads in the right place. I do think it might be an emotional thing, and Poch has to be the one to carry a new energy. The press is gone as is the quick passing, unity in movement and determination. Maybe things will improve after the window closes. I think Poch may be getting ground down by the way Levy does summers, and resentment is building. Pretty pointed comments about Lo Celso being miles away from full fitness I thought.

This is an excuse. Lo Celso went to the Copa just like Foryth did and funny, Foryth was back available to play during the preseason friendlies. If levy had any sense he could have completed the deal much earlier and Lo Celso could at least had some of the preseason with us instead as per usual we have a key signing who is going to an age to get up to speed because they missed crucial due to Levy and his funny games.

Liverpool do not play without passers in midfield. Please even Fabinho is a superior passer to everyone we have bar Eriksen. Yes they are not pure technicians but they have a great all around game, have good vision and techique meaning they play a lot of one and two touch football, don't get that confused with getting the ball forward quickly in the style of Leicester. Klopp's teams always do it with purpose, they sweep the ball from side to side quickly and accurately we are incapable of doing this because our CMs are frankly poop on the ball in terms of vision and execution.

I agree wholeheartedly that we don't have the quality to play such a game but selecting the players we have it's really the only option beyond just lumping it forward, because they neither have the ability to play short quickly nor the quality to play it long accurately so we are stuck with what we have unless we change up the selections.

It's totally pointless playing Sissoko and Winks together between them thats about half a decent passing CM and they take up two berths. [emoji38][emoji847]

Henderson
Milner

Utter tripe
Winks is a quality passer and Diers passing is hugely under rated
As I said your head is in the sand. Winks so far has demonstrated that he can make safe passes, when has he ever split the lines, when has he ever switched play quickly and dangerously? He may be capable of doing so but he is yet to ever do it.

Dier's passing is meh, he hits big slow looping diagonal that by the time they arrive so has the defender, that is not quality passing.

Again the Liverpool trio are all better at moving a ball then our bunch.

Being a fan of Tottenham doesn't mean you have to lie about what your eyes are showing you.

Back