• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your lowest point as a Spurs fan?

Being hammered by Chelsea in last season's FA Cup Semi Final and then seeing them deprive us of CL Football, too much in the same season! Especially the way both came about through a mixture of luck and a goal that never was.

Chelsea seemed to represent everything falling apart for our season as they went from strength to strength.

Perhaps that wasn't my lowest point but it was a horrible experience.

I was gutted when Nick Barmby was sold. I was on holiday when I found out and it left me gutted as I thought he was great for us.

Lasagne gate. Was still a young naive lad and was fighting back the tears seeing us lose and then those gooner cvnts celebrating on their last day at the library.

Looking back though I don't think that team was good enough for the champions league and would have got very far in it, unlike this team... making that Chelsea scenario last season very difficult to stomach.

There's been a few.
But three major ones for me.
I grew up in the 1980's and worshipped Hoddle it just wasn't possible for me to understand him leaving us, i was absolutely forlorn for years.

Ardiles' failure as a manager with us, awful to see a club legend sacked.

Hoddle again. Finally he was back. Hoddle as manager. It seemed to be set up for him and us. gah i can't even type more about it. Tragic, absolutely tragic. :(

A combination of us letting slip an unassailable lead to the scum, the defeat at their patch, Fulop's performance, Chelsea's CL win, left a little of me dead inside after what was a terrific season. I'd almost prefer the dark days to that much heartbreak!

not getting third on the last day of the season. we were well capable of it that season. beat lasagna-gate from the way arsenal won under suspicious circumstances.

2002 WC Final defeat to Blackburn. Took months to overcome it. After thrashing Chelsea 5-1 in the semifinal, never thought we would feck up against a shyte Blackburn in the Final.

Being at Wembley Stadium for last season' FA Cup semi-final defeat at the hands of Chelski and us throwing away a 10 point lead over the Scum are 2 of the lowest points for me in the time I have been a Spurs fan. By the time the Champions League final came around I was still inconsolable and had resigned myself to the fact that Chelski would inevitably win that match to cap off a wretched 4 months which had begun with that galling reverse at the Etihad.

Other notable lows for me are (as for many others) lasagne-gate, turning a 3-0 lead over ManUre into a 5-3 defeat and losing the FA Cup semi to Everton followed by Klinsmann' departure.

That was uncanny. I mean has the guy ever missed another penalty other than that one. Robben's tbh you just knew he would miss, because by then it was becoming obvious Chelsea's name was on it

Penalties appear to be one of Messi' weaknesses as that miss against Chelsea was his 8th out of 34 taken. Unfortunately for us, Chelski are his kryptonite as Messi has failed to score against them in the 8 matches in which he's faced them.

A few dishonourable mentions.

The Everton semi final in 95. I was 11 and it broke my heart, like it was the complete opposite of the Arsenal semi in 91 that had helped me fall in love with football and Spurs.

The season with Christian Gross, and then the season with Pleat.

The last day Lasagne thing.

Losing to Portsmouth in the FA Cup Semi.

No overall low point, there is always another game and another season. Each new season starts at 0 and full of optimism.

Everton one for me emotionally as well but for being utter brick, and feeling like bottom of the bottom, losing 6-1 to Chelsea at home when Flo (made to look the second coming of Van Basten) scored four.

The one that really sickened me was losing to city in the cup when 3nil up and they were down to 10 men at half time, was the only time I was truly ashamed to be a Spurs fan!

Honourable mentions go to:
chelsea last year
Hoddle leaving
Waddle leaving
Cup final defeats to Coventry and Blackburn
Blowing 3goal lead to United

Losing 4-3 to Emirates Marketing Project in the FA Cup after being 3-0 up and Barton getting sent off at half time. From an incredible high to sinking so low

Losing 4-3 to Emirates Marketing Project in the FA Cup after being 3-0 up and Barton getting sent off at half time. From an incredible high to sinking so low

I saw something on what Keegan told his players at HT. He basically said 'we have no chance of winning this, but at least try and salvage some pride'.

Not proud of it and has only happened the once , said game in question was the penultimate one under the stewardship of C Gross, Sheffield Wednesday at home and we were 3 down by half time. Thought bolloxs to sitting through another 45 minutes of this I'll head off back to the boozer and take in the sun rays as it was a beautiful day weather wise if not football wise.

The infamous Mendes no goal , think I surprised myself with some of the words I was shouting at the TV in a hulk like rage :eek:

Waddle never linking up with Lineker was a right shame. Ships that crossed in the night and all that.

Honestly, it would have to be Chelseas CL win last year. It's really turned me off football in a big way. It just isn't a fair competition with the likes of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, and I find myself watching less football and more of other sports.

Teams like Spurs can't really compete, and I'm becoming very disillusioned with football as a result.

I must be the only one who wasn't that bothered about lasagne gate. I never had any hopes of us getting top 4, even of the final day. And even if we did, I had a feeling Arsenal would beat Barca anyway.

Back