• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What player should get a statue outside the ground?

Statues be buggered; there's enough of them on the pitch. Just tell Dawson to go out in front of the main gate and run around a bit. No-one'll know the difference.

from my era (28), so basically early 90s onwards from when I can really remember, IMO there are only two players who would be close to deserving a statue. They are: Gary Mabbut and Ledley King.

However, I'm firmly of the belief that having a statue outside the ground should be reserved, categorically, ONLY for the MOST legendary of our legends. Don't think we should be handing out statues willy nilly... bit like we seem to do with our 'hall of fame' (i.e. love him, but Stefan Freund?? Really?!).

Anyway, so my short list would probably be:

Manager: Bill Nicholson. He 100% deserves one, no arguments or questions.

Player: Danny Blanchflower, Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Steve Perryman, Dave Mackay. I'd pick either Blanchflower or Greaves.

david_fried_stemmer_no-10_abstract_sculpture_01_500px.jpg

This might be anyone you want it to be, although personally, I think it must be Andy Reid.

after reading through all this i'm of the opinion that its either a statue of the 60-61 team.
but i'd be happier with no statues of players at all...put them in a proper museum where the kids can learn about our history, the ups and downs, not just idolize players.

The Sainsbury Spurs museum buy your coco pops and madras sauces whilst walking past busts of spurs players.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

The only statue we need is the one we have at the moment, the enormous brass co.ck on the roof

Walter Tull.
I know there was a campaign a while ago to have a statue of him at the lane, but I'm more inclined for him to be in a spurs museum setting where his story can be read, a truly remarkable man and a man who's story should be more widely known and an inspiration to all generations and although there is some debate about the reasons he left spurs, he's somebody we should all be proud to have been associated with our great club.

Back