• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is our strongest XI?

The problem is that most of our players are much of a muchness( ie as good as one another), what i want to see is Kane played in the three behind Janssen so that would mean leaving one of Eriksen, Alii, Lamela or even Son on the bench. Our back four picks itself. I may even leave Dembélé on the bench as well as he has not struck form yet, he is great at holding onto the ball but in all honesty in/on a lot of occasions we see no end product in assists or goals from him).

I will now go and put my flack jacket on to await the comeback from the Dembélé lovers. ;)

The problem is that most of our players are much of a muchness( ie as good as one another), what i want to see is Kane played in the three behind Janssen so that would mean leaving one of Eriksen, Alii, Lamela or even Son on the bench. Our back four picks itself. I may even leave Dembélé on the bench as well as he has not struck form yet, he is great at holding onto the ball but in all honesty in/on a lot of occasions we see no end product in assists or goals from him).

I will now go and put my flack jacket on to await the comeback from the Dembélé lovers. ;)

I'm a massive Dembele fan but I agree

He isn't needed in a lot of games but he is for the ones coming up

I'd imagine the majority of people's first eleven would all be the same, the only difference being whether it's son or Lamella. For me it's Lamella, his energy and forward thinking passing is always massively missed when not playing. Yes the forward passing/through balls doesn't always come off,but we need someone prepared to take the risks.....

I agree in part but I don't see Dembele as the problem. In fact, what he needs is a run of games. His season hasn't even got going what with the suspension in the first 4 games and then Injury in his first game back. He needs to be played consistently imo with either Dier or Wanyama and like you said, Put Kane in the 10 role and drop someone out which for me would be Eriksen primarily who has for me been consistently poor all season thus far or Alli who just looks a bit like he is suffering 2nd season syndrome and needs to go back to basics rather than flinging himself to the ground where he stands after trying a nonsense flick in a stupid area of the pitch.

The fact that Rose and Wanyama are our two stand out players in our mixed start to the season shows that offensively we are not working as we should. The movement in front of the two holding/screening players has been poor for weeks now, Emirates Marketing Project aside and it would be helped if we started to move the ball with some more zip instead of dallying on the ball whilst stroking it one side of the pitch to the other. Janssen could also do with coming towards the ball when it is played in rather than constantly backing into and looking to get contact with his marker. He stopped doing it so much in the second half yesterday and benefited with a better performance and overall threat.

Not sure for Leverkusen but certainly against Arsenal I would go with:

Lloris

Walker
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Rose

Dembele
Wanyama

Lamela
Kane
Son

Janssen

Subs: Vorm, Dier, Davies, Wimmer, Winks, Alli, Eriksen

I thought he played well yesterday but I think we can sacrifice some of what he brings for more creativity

To be honest i did not think he was any better/worse then most of our players, what really concerns me is that with the ability he has he still does not produce a end product as he should.

There is no doubt he has become a better player over the last 12/18 months but for me he still does not produce the end product enough. I accept i may be in the minority with that opinion but he frustrates the brick out of me in most games.

To be honest i did not think he was any better/worse then most of our players, what really concerns me is that with the ability he has he still does not produce a end product as he should.

There is no doubt he has become a better player over the last 12/18 months but for me he still does not produce the end product enough. I accept i may be in the minority with that opinion but he frustrates the brick out of me in most games.

But would you sacrifice him for the big games coming up??

I wouldn't personally and already arse and Chelsea are 6 pointers

With Kane returning to fitness, it seems like a funny time to be talking about dropping Dele. Those two link up so well together.

I think that I would too probably but the problem is that when he is on form, he makes my pants sticky. Kane back and Eriksen on form and our attacking woes are over.

Yeah but he hasn't been anywhere near to form form this season

Other than Alli any of our front players could be dropped, not sure I would include Lamela in this.
Wanyama has been excellent but at the same time renders Dembele slightly redundant as Dembele is neither feast nor famine going forward. Yes he's great at holding the ball but I can't remember a meaningful defence cutting forward pass from him since his return, little or no penetration.
We are are like better defensive version of Manchester United.

Kane is going to find it very tough as he gets match fit, so we will still be asking Vincent to do the majority of the heavy lifting till Christmas which is totally unfare and and a stupid situation for a supposedly "top club" to find itself in.

Yep

He doesn't hide IMO

He has games where he is less involved. Yesterday he was guilty of coming too deep

I'm a big fan, but he is a little meek and wispy when it comes to a combative situation.
But I would be reluctant to bench him. To be honest who is going to replace him?
I would not play Dembele and Wanyama together and I would be loathed to drop Victor!

Back