• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brain eclipse is competing in the 100m backtrack, let him explain in greater detail why WS is actually great, and the people on the board are correct in saying so.

Brain eclipse is competing in the 100m backtrack, let him explain in greater detail why WS is actually great, and the people on the board are correct in saying so.

Nope. I'm saying that it's a value/cost assessment like any transfer.

It's not like it's either Sneijder or no one with some rich Spurs fan standing ready to pay for him and his wages if only Levy and AVB would take him.

Say it's either Sneijder or Willian? Is it really that much of a no brainer?

I totally love it when people say Sneijder is a gamble. No offence, but it does tickle me.

Inter certainly seem to think that he's not worth the money they're paying him at the moment.

Edit: And Galatasaray being the main club mentioned as interested in him certainly indicates that there are other clubs that see some risk in this potential too.

Nope. I'm saying that it's a value/cost assessment like any transfer.

It's not like it's either Sneijder or no one with some rich Spurs fan standing ready to pay for him and his wages if only Levy and AVB would take him.

Say it's either Sneijder or Willian? Is it really that much of a no brainer?

I can't believe I've even bothered writing a post tbh.

I'm going for a brick

I can't believe I've even bothered writing a post tbh.

I'm going for a brick

but is it a "must brick" or have you just carried out the relevant brick/benefit of brick analysis ? If another, smaller, younger brick was available to you now, which would you choose?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Sneijder: "I don't want any pressure now. I need time to decide, it's not about money, it's a life choice". On Gazzetta tomorrow edition

In fairness, just because a player is incredibly talented, it doesn't mean that they will be a success. Sneijder is a better midfielder than all of our midfielders but then again, Veron, Shevchenko, Morientes among so many others were great players who for various reasons didn't succeed at their clubs here despite their huge talent.

I don't think anyone is saying that Sneijder isn't talented enough for Spurs, he'd be the best player here if he came. That doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a success though, especially when you take into account the outlay we'd have to think about.

I don't think we were ever considering him anyway or him us tbh.

Every potential signing holds some risk - there are valid arguments to each side.

Sometimes the outlay is insignificant compared to the extra 40-50m we could acquire by qualifying for the CL - all comes down to a balance, imv

Every potential signing holds some risk - there are valid arguments to each side.

Sometimes the outlay is insignificant compared to the extra 40-50m we could acquire by qualifying for the CL - all comes down to a balance, imv

If you're going to take a risk you take it where you will get the most out of it. That is not in midfield. That's a striker every day of the week.

In this case the outlay wouldn't be insignificant compared to the £40-50m we would acquire by qualifying the CL.

That risk and potential gain must be weighed up against the risk and potential gain of signing other players with that money. If Sneijder was such an obvious "must sign" good deal why aren't clubs lining up around the San Siro looking to talk to Inter about signing him?

In fairness, just because a player is incredibly talented, it doesn't mean that they will be a success. Sneijder is a better midfielder than all of our midfielders but then again, Veron, Shevchenko, Morientes among so many others were great players who for various reasons didn't succeed at their clubs here despite their huge talent.

I don't think anyone is saying that Sneijder isn't talented enough for Spurs, he'd be the best player here if he came. That doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a success though, especially when you take into account the outlay we'd have to think about.

I don't think we were ever considering him anyway or him us tbh.

Talent does not guarantee success I agree but it weighs the odds in your favour. I do get your point that buying Sneijder is a gamble but this goes for every single signing a club makes, whether a youth player or a world superstar. Picking out the biggest failures of recent years to prove the point adds too much negative bias to the argument. There are plenty more talented players who have succeeded.

My own opinion is that if we have even a sniff at a player of this calibre then we should take the gamble. If it doesn't work out it won't cripple us as a club, but the potential upside if it works out would be amazing. This guy was in the running for the Ballon d'Or only a few seasons ago. Until we are regular CL participants then we can only really hope to attract players in this bracket who for one reason or another have dropped of the pace. If he was still bang in form Spurs wouldn't even be mentioned.

Jenas or Sneijder? Please.

If you're going to take a risk you take it where you will get the most out of it. That is not in midfield. That's a striker every day of the week.

He's technically a second striker who is able to produce 15 goals/season

Look at Lampard for example over the years - massive difference to their game in general, not just goals per se

Talent does not guarantee success I agree but it weighs the odds in your favour. I do get your point that buying Sneijder is a gamble but this goes for every single signing a club makes, whether a youth player or a world superstar. Picking out the biggest failures of recent years to prove the point adds too much negative bias to the argument. There are plenty more talented players who have succeeded.

My own opinion is that if we have even a sniff at a player of this calibre then we should take the gamble. If it doesn't work out it won't cripple us as a club, but the potential upside if it works out would be amazing. This guy was in the running for the Ballon d'Or only a few seasons ago. Until we are regular CL participants then we can only really hope to attract players in this bracket who for one reason or another have dropped of the pace. If he was still bang in form Spurs wouldn't even be mentioned.

Jenas or Sneijder? Please.

I'm not trying to bias the argument one way or the other, I haven't seen Sneijder play once in the past 2 years so have no idea what he has been like. I'd obviously be delighted if we signed him regardless because of his previous talent but I'm not going to be crying either if come February 1st, he isn's a Spurs player.

I only pointed out those players because some posters are mocking others for even floating the idea that Sneijder wouldn't come and be an instant success or that there may be any reason he wouldn't be wanted by the club. Sheva was one of the best strikers in the world at the time but came here and failed. My only point really is that it isn't a 100% thing.

Sneijder wouldn't cripple us for sure but if he comes and ends up injured, not caring or simply not bringing his a game for whatever reason, we're left with a player who we're paying a huge amount for and who isn't doing a great deal.

But you're completely right, a club at our level doesn't get the chance to sign these kinds of players (VDV, Sneijder, arguably Lloris) if their stock hasn't gone slightly down and the rewards for us if it comes off is huge.

Bit of an unfair comparison. One would automatically be first choice, likely regardless of how he's playing, on a huge wage and the other is about 8th choice cm on loan to a championship team and hopefully being moved on soon.

I trust the club to make the right decision if the option is available anyway.

He's technically a second striker who is able to produce 15 goals/season

Look at Lampard for example over the years - massive difference to their game in general, not just goals per se

True, but still. We are producing the most chances in the league.

A primary striker to put some of those away would still make far more sense then a secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back